Not Sure Why This Sounds So Bad...
guitarguy93
Jul 23 2012, 10:20 PM
GMC:er
I recently got new D'Addario strings, a new DiMarzio pickup selector, and an original POD Pro. Granted, the POD is on the low-end side of modeling preamps, but it sounds the same on my ENGL E530.

I'm not sure how to really explain this sound. It's really twangy and with LOADS of treble. My guitar is a Schecter Omen-8 with DiMarzio DiActivator 8 pickups in it, and the power amp is a Peavey Classic 50-50 with a Carvin Micro Cab. Any ideas? I could possibly record this tone and upload it here, if that would at all help. It just seems like, unless I crank the gain, it disgustingly twangy. Not country twang, but this ear-piercing terrible sound. I'm wondering if it's my power amp, or maybe the way my pick is hitting the strings. I'm almost totally clueless. This never happened before the new strings/pickup selector, but I don't see why either of those would affect my sound THAT much.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Music is a way of life. You live it, you don't just listen.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
TreyDeschamp
Jul 23 2012, 10:32 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Upload a clip just to help us all out.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 23 2012, 10:34 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Sounds like you're playing through just the head almost? An uploaded clip would help if you can.

Also, did you do the soldering on the pickup selector switch?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:28 AM