2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Know We Are All Hardcore Rock And Metal Guitarists, But here's a safe place to show your favourite pop songs!
PosterBoy
Aug 15 2012, 03:40 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't make any excuses, call them guilty pleasures, because I'm not feeling guilty

I love the songs they make me happy, the production is great (I'm a huge Dr Luke fan)

I don't care whether the performers are the greatest singers, I just enjoy the songs

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
Aug 15 2012, 04:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I wont post the video because I'm sure everybody has heard it a million times. And it's kind of old school but I've always kind of liked Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing Compares To You".

Now that I've admitted that, I'm going to go cry/scrub in the shower now.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 15 2012, 04:53 PM
Instructor
hey mate! don't feel guilty! Feel happy and lucky of being able to enjoy music without prejudice. I remember a book that Ben recommended me called Zen Guitar saying "Trust the art not the artist".

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 15 2012, 07:39 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I posted most of my fav pop songs in the "pick up chicks" thread...but here you go. Yes, I play these songs on guitar and sing along. No kidding.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 15 2012, 07:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 15 2012, 04:40 PM) *
I don't make any excuses, call them guilty pleasures, because I'm not feeling guilty

I love the songs they make me happy, the production is great (I'm a huge Dr Luke fan)

I don't care whether the performers are the greatest singers, I just enjoy the songs

I must admit I never listen to any of those.

This can be ok:

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Aug 15 2012, 09:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 15 2012, 06:39 PM) *
I posted most of my fav pop songs in the "pick up chicks" thread...but here you go. Yes, I play these songs on guitar and sing along. No kidding.

Dude, I'd love to hear your rendition of Fifteen. laugh.gif

Seriously though, I do really like the Hallelujah song although I'm partial to the Jeff Buckley version.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 15 2012, 03:53 PM) *
hey mate! don't feel guilty! Feel happy and lucky of being able to enjoy music without prejudice. I remember a book that Ben recommended me called Zen Guitar saying "Trust the art not the artist".

Haha, thanks Gab! That is a great saying and generally what I try to go by.

I'm really not embarrassed about ol' Sinead, it just sounded weird saying that out loud. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Aug 15 2012, 10:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
I can't not post in this thread laugh.gif
Here's one of my favourites for the last two weeks wub.gif
(Sadly, there's no full version on a site that can embedd to GMC)
( http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDMzMDY0NzA4.html )

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Aug 15 2012, 10:41 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 15 2012, 10:40 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The only pop I can stand is from Korea, Japan, or China. Pop has a tendency to be extremely dry lyrically, and I absolutely obsess over lyrics so in the absence of understanding the aformentioned countries languages, It all seems like one big melodic and alien adventure to me.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 15 2012, 10:48 PM
GMC:er

:f

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 16 2012, 11:58 AM
Instructor
Mates! I totally agree with Gabe's observation and I must add the following one:

Have you ever noticed that we all tend to enjoy metal covers done after pop songs? The issue here is not the music, but the orchestration biggrin.gif Add the big hardcore drumming and the loud guitars and there's a pretty big percentage of a chance that you will like the result smile.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Aug 16 2012, 01:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 15 2012, 02:40 PM) *

I heard a couple of Avril songs, but wasn't familiar with any of the other two. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Ulrik @ Aug 15 2012, 06:44 PM) *
This can be ok:

Was gonna post her, too. Although another song, which happened to stick to my head ten years ago.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 15 2012, 09:48 PM) *
:f

Now that's actually one great parody! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Aug 16 2012, 10:58 AM) *
Mates! I totally agree with Gabe's observation and I must add the following one:

Have you ever noticed that we all tend to enjoy metal covers done after pop songs? The issue here is not the music, but the orchestration biggrin.gif Add the big hardcore drumming and the loud guitars and there's a pretty big percentage of a chance that you will like the result smile.gif

Exactly, that's why I have a long list of songs that I want to metalize. cool.gif But it's not only about adding drums and guitars, it's also about removing all the annoying blippy noise. And probably alter the tempo in many cases.

Oh, and there can't be a pop thread without ABBA, so here we go (it's on the list, by the way).

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 17 2012, 06:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 15 2012, 04:53 PM) *
I remember a book that Ben recommended me called Zen Guitar saying "Trust the art not the artist".

Hey ! Excellent quote ! biggrin.gif

I can't believe I'm doing this...

Grrrr, you guys... dry.gif

And pretty much anything by ABBA...

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 17 2012, 08:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 17 2012, 06:50 PM) *

I cant believe you done that either unsure.gif

I always thought ray of light was madges best track! biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 18 2012, 07:51 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 17 2012, 11:20 PM) *

Grrrr, you guys... dry.gif

Me neither sad.gif I can't believe I am posting in this thread... just make sure no one around me sees it tongue.gif

But I listened to this sad.gif

Yes, laugh.gif Yes, I am guilty laugh.gif But it was that girl in my class when I was in 11th grade and was 16. dry.gif She forced me and I heard, and... yes, I am saying this, laugh.gif laugh.gif I kinda liked some part of the chorus laugh.gif My guilty pleasure laugh.gif

But, you know how things suddenly change when you turn 16 and you start being good friends with a cute girl dry.gif laugh.gif I know there is one person who knows it wink.gif

tongue.gif Am I forgiven rolleyes.gif

By the way, Crazy video, crazy song, and much more crazy chick. laugh.gif Stay away tongue.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Aug 18 2012, 07:56 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 18 2012, 11:14 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 18 2012, 07:51 AM) *
tongue.gif Am I forgiven rolleyes.gif

Im sure you will be forgiven by the musically open guys and girls of GMC...... I fear you may have just blown your chance to ever own a Daemoness Guitar though biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Aug 18 2012, 11:24 AM

This would have to be that song for me, or most songs by Justin Timberlake.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 18 2012, 12:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 17 2012, 08:49 PM) *
I cant believe you done that either unsure.gif

I always thought ray of light was madges best track! biggrin.gif

Interesting !

I really liked 'Frozen' as well ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 18 2012, 01:05 PM
Learning Roadie
If we're talking Madonna then this is THE song of choice for me

It sounds a bit rude too

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 18 2012, 03:23 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 18 2012, 03:44 PM) *
Im sure you will be forgiven by the musically open guys and girls of GMC...... I fear you may have just blown your chance to ever own a Daemoness Guitar though biggrin.gif

ohmy.gif Noooo !!! I want a Daemoness smile.gif But we won't tell him that I ever heard this song wink.gif OK biggrin.gif ?

Can you guys keep this a secret rolleyes.gif ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 18 2012, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 18 2012, 01:05 PM) *
If we're talking Madonna then this is THE song of choice for me

It sounds a bit rude too

Oh yeah, that's another good one !

Damn, what is happening to us ?? laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:28 PM