Disturbing Noise!
ElHombre
May 7 2012, 02:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just got my Ibanez home from Tech and now there seems to be a problem with my ESP sad.gif
Or is it the POD or the computer or whatever? I have attatched the sound. I dont know what you generally call that sound in english, but I am sure you have heard it before, often heard in speakers or monitors.

I get this sound when playing guitar having my headphones plugged in. Suddenly its there, then it might be gone and come back again, very loud, very disturbing.

I have not tried if it is still there using the speakers. What I do know is that I dont get this sound with my Fender och Ibanez plugged in, only the ESP.

Listen to the attatched file.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  guitarsound.mp3 ( 429.79K ) Number of downloads: 132

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 7 2012, 02:46 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Does it go when you touch the volume knob ? (if its metal) or the pickup metal frame ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 7 2012, 02:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (maharzan @ May 7 2012, 01:46 PM) *
Does it go when you touch the volume knob ? (if its metal) or the pickup metal frame ?

The noise doesnt disappear while adjusting any of the knobs, it does dissapear when turning the volume knob to zero though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 7 2012, 03:05 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 7 2012, 09:48 AM) *
The noise doesnt disappear while adjusting any of the knobs, it does dissapear when turning the volume knob to zero though.

Well I can say this. It's not the guitar what so ever. More than likely not even the POD. It is the pc, I say this because my dad's pc does this randomly when he plays video games. I would say try and re-install/update your soundcard and your pod drivers, that should fix it.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 7 2012, 03:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I guess you are right man. Just a bit strange it only occurs while using the ESP

This post has been edited by ElHombre: May 7 2012, 03:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 7 2012, 04:30 PM
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 7 2012, 10:36 AM) *
Yeah, I guess you are right man. Just a bit strange it only occurs while using the ESP

Yeah I know, try sitting in the other room no ones home and you hear that noise cuz the pc is on. Scare the crap right out of you when its quite in the house. laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 7 2012, 08:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ May 7 2012, 03:30 PM) *
Yeah I know, try sitting in the other room no ones home and you hear that noise cuz the pc is on. Scare the crap right out of you when its quite in the house. laugh.gif

Haha yeah. Know it sounded while using the Ibanez too so of course it is the PC. Typical pc missound.
But I dont know. I installed a new grapichs card lately since then I had some trouble with USB interface. Maybe reconnect all cabels or something.
Do you think reinstalling all the driver (quite a few) is necesarry?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 7 2012, 09:59 PM
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 7 2012, 03:16 PM) *
Haha yeah. Know it sounded while using the Ibanez too so of course it is the PC. Typical pc missound.
But I dont know. I installed a new grapichs card lately since then I had some trouble with USB interface. Maybe reconnect all cabels or something.
Do you think reinstalling all the driver (quite a few) is necesarry?

Hrrmmmm... When you get it, is that when using your interface or your pc speakers?

As far as all the drivers. No, its good to update them tho. My graphics card I'm waiting on an update it goes haywire sometimes, makes the screen get a pink tint flickers off and then I'm good for awhile.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 8 2012, 03:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ May 7 2012, 04:30 PM) *

I've got an image of that in my mind now !! laugh.gif laugh.gif Classic !

+Quote Post
JTaylor
May 8 2012, 03:55 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 8 2012, 10:40 AM) *
I've got an image of that in my mind now !! laugh.gif laugh.gif Classic !

I also had an image in my mind! Mine was of a huge fly in the house! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 8 2012, 03:57 PM
QUOTE (JTaylor @ May 8 2012, 10:55 AM) *
I also had an image in my mind! Mine was of a huge fly in the house! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Whoa there buddy that is not something to joke about. If I see a lot of bees outside, anything that makes a buzzing sound will make me scream and run away. laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
FrontlineGuitar
May 9 2012, 05:40 PM
I KNOW THAT SOUND biggrin.gif

It's the sound when something else very nearby emits a signal, and I dunno whether it has to be on the same wavelength or whatnot, but the most common cause of that, 99% of the time is your phone getting a message. It happens in amps and speakers a few seconds before you get a text, and this could easily be the cause of it. Either that or something else nearby emitting some sort of signal.

You say it goes away and comes back again, and so I'm not sure what it could be unless it's a phone.

But I'll tell you this, I doubt it's the POD or your computer or your guitar. It's something else in the room, and probably something else pretty close to your speakers/headphones.

As I said, my guess is that it's your phone getting a text wink.gif

EDIT: AH sorry just read the last bit about it not happening with your Fender...

Well it seems to get louder towards the end, and I think it's because you move, or the thing making the signal moves.

Here's something to try: When it next happens again, try moving yourself/anything electrical nearby around, and take them away and then up close to the speakers. The beeping noise should get WAY louder if you move it right up close, but also try (if you believe it's your guitar) switching pickup positions and moving the guitar around..

Should give you a general idea biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by FrontlineGuitar: May 9 2012, 05:45 PM

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 9 2012, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (FrontlineGuitar @ May 9 2012, 12:40 PM) *
You say it goes away and comes back again, and so I'm not sure what it could be unless it's a phone.

Hrrrmmmm, you know most of the time my dad charges his phone and sets it on the pc.... I shall have to look into that as well.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
May 10 2012, 06:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
I totally missed Frontlines post, but thank you man! Exactly, it goes away and comes back. The effect is stronger on my ESP for some reason. I know played without the POD plugged into the computer, and the sound was there. But know I know I have my Phone in my right pocket, which is very close to the POD! so yes its the phone or the computer. I will try to sit further back smile.gif

Thanks

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 10 2012, 09:58 PM
QUOTE (ElHombre @ May 10 2012, 01:33 PM) *
I totally missed Frontlines post, but thank you man! Exactly, it goes away and comes back. The effect is stronger on my ESP for some reason. I know played without the POD plugged into the computer, and the sound was there. But know I know I have my Phone in my right pocket, which is very close to the POD! so yes its the phone or the computer. I will try to sit further back smile.gif

Thanks

This is going to be out there but would make sense. Does your ESP have active pickups? I use to be able to pickup radio signals at night through all my active pickup guitars. So it may enhance the signal by some chance.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 11 2012, 12:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, it does sound like electronic interference. I have heard this sound before.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:41 AM