4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Winding Roads
g-forcelover
Jan 29 2008, 10:51 PM
GMC:er
All right, i desided to take a challenge. im learning your winding roads solo, even though i usally play level 4 and under stuff on here. is there any tips for the solo? i might change it a bit to make it kinda my stlye, but anything i need to know?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 29 2008, 11:08 PM
Instructor
Cool!! biggrin.gif Of course, feel free to add your own style to it!! smile.gif

ok, if you've mostly played "tradtional solos" before, then maybe you'll find it a bit confusing with the odd number of notes unsure.gif So my advise is to focus on the notes that comes on the beat (or rather; the notes that carries the melody), and let the rest of the notes "float in between".

I'd love to hear your version when you're done! smile.gif

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 29 2008, 11:40 PM
all right, thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 30 2008, 03:01 AM
im gettin a bunch of recording software, so ill keep you updated so i can get more tips

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tmas
Jan 30 2008, 03:11 AM
Don't have any tips for you but the Winding Roads solo is def. my favorite on the site so I would also love to hear your version!

This post has been edited by Tmas: Jan 30 2008, 03:12 AM

--------------------
Yeah... I'm member number 911. What about it?

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 30 2008, 03:15 AM
QUOTE (Tmas @ Jan 29 2008, 09:11 PM) *
Don't have any tips for you but the Winding Roads solo is def. my favorite on the site so I would also love to hear your version!

Same here! the first time i heard it im like, wow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 30 2008, 04:47 PM
Learning Roadie
I dont' really have an advice for you, but what I really like about the solo, is the "flow"
So, keep it fluent wink.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 30 2008, 05:26 PM
Good luck man, it's quite the tough solo biggrin.gif

On another note Marcus, is there a full Winding Roads song? if so where can we ear it?? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Iluha: Jan 30 2008, 05:27 PM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 30 2008, 05:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think I'm going to attempt to learn this song once I have some techniques mastered better smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
steve25
Jan 30 2008, 05:41 PM
Winding roads is also my favourite solo on here. As well as also one day being able to play it i'd like to learn how to create solos like that

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 30 2008, 06:56 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys! smile.gif

QUOTE (Iluha @ Jan 30 2008, 05:26 PM) *
On another note Marcus, is there a full Winding Roads song? if so where can we ear it?? smile.gif

Here's the full song:
Attached File  Winding_Roads.mp3 ( 5.48MB ) Number of downloads: 354

Oh, when I was browsing my computer to find that mp3, I found another song which I apparently recorded the same day. I had completely forgotten about this song!! laugh.gif So thank you Iluha for reminding me biggrin.gif
Here it is. "I was there": Attached File  I_was_there.mp3 ( 8.56MB ) Number of downloads: 331

Some odd rhythms in there... don't know what I was thinking! laugh.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 30 2008, 07:23 PM
GMC Founder
That's an awesome tune Marcus which I haven't heard before! biggrin.gif Are there any more? laugh.gif

I like how it was progressive and groovy at the same time. Also - it was really cool to hear you solo with a dryer tone. Although I personally prefer your usual guitar tone - it sounded really cool in this tune! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 30 2008, 08:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Marcus,

Cool stuff smile.gif
The 2nd song reminds me a bit of Symphony X wink.gif

Is that you singing in the songs ?

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 30 2008, 11:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 30 2008, 07:23 PM) *
That's an awesome tune Marcus which I haven't heard before! biggrin.gif Are there any more? laugh.gif

I like how it was progressive and groovy at the same time. Also - it was really cool to hear you solo with a dryer tone. Although I personally prefer your usual guitar tone - it sounded really cool in this tune! biggrin.gif

Thanks Kris! smile.gif

I'll have to check if I have any more old recordings, but I think there are a few more!
The first solo part (with a dryer tone) is not me playing. It's my friend Martin, who also sings smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jan 31 2008, 06:20 PM
Woah Marcus, Winding Roads just blew me away! I hope that someday when I'll start preforming I'll do a cover for it! smile.gif
I was there is also very good, just not my style as much as Winding Roads.

Thanks for sharing Marcus, really appriciate it! smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Jan 31 2008, 06:56 PM
Totally agree with the above-mentioned, the song but especialy the solo is mind blowing, but i thought the solo in the videolesson was by far more cooler than in the original song, but hey thats only my own opinion. Would be really nice if you could do some more lessons with a "resembled" solo smile.gif
Did you mix the songs by yourself?
I'm willing to give the winding roads solo a try, but it will be a challenge to play the solo with the same amount of feeling into it ohmy.gif

/Patrik

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 31 2008, 07:21 PM
Instructor
Thanks Iluha and Patrik!

Yes, I agree. The solo takes in the original song isn't very good. I was very young when I recorded it and I remember I didn't play it in one take, so the "live feel" isn't really there...

yes, I mix all the songs myself! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Jan 31 2008, 07:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 31 2008, 06:21 PM) *
Thanks Iluha and Patrik!

Yes, I agree. The solo takes in the original song isn't very good. I was very young when I recorded it and I remember I didn't play it in one take, so the "live feel" isn't really there...

How old were you when you recorded Winding Roads! ohmy.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 31 2008, 07:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Jan 31 2008, 07:22 PM) *
How old were you when you recorded Winding Roads! ohmy.gif

I think I was around 19
Maybe that isn't "very young", but it's a loooong time ago for me biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jan 31 2008, 07:38 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 31 2008, 01:21 PM) *
Thanks Iluha and Patrik!

Sorry I have to disagree - a little. wink.gif I like the original a little better! biggrin.gif Not that the lesson isn't incredible, I just hear the original to have a little more "edge". I actually hear a few more notes in it too. Either way, I would give anything to be able to play that lead! (ok - well almost anything laugh.gif )

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:26 PM