How Expensive!
PosterBoy
Apr 2 2012, 10:09 AM
Learning Roadie
There is so much I loved about Brazil when I was there last year.

But prices are unbelievable

My stepson has asked us to buy him some Carrera Aviator sunglasses, over here in Ireland (via ebay) ~€85 which is $R 206.978. In Brazil you are paying about $R 450 - 500 for a pair.

An Xbox 360 is about 3x the price of it in Ireland

I dread to think what music gear costs.

And we think we get it pretty bad here in Ireland compared to the UK and especially the US

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 2 2012, 02:30 PM
Instructor
That is pretty outrageous !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Apr 2 2012, 11:17 PM
GMC:er
The problem is the distance. Products from Europe are expensive because of shipping issues, products from USA are not that expensive. For instance a xbox 360 costs something like 400 usd. it also depends where you buy it.
Instruments and gear are quite overrated, eg: a100 watts mesa boogie rectifier costs 3000 usd in here!!! sad.gif

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2012, 06:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Apr 2 2012, 07:17 PM) *
The problem is the distance. Products from Europe are expensive because of shipping issues, products from USA are not that expensive. For instance a xbox 360 costs something like 400 usd. it also depends where you buy it.
Instruments and gear are quite overrated, eg: a100 watts mesa boogie rectifier costs 3000 usd in here!!! sad.gif

yeah... another example is the AXE FX II that costs US$4600 here... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Apr 6 2012, 04:23 AM
a 2006 BMW in USA costs 8000 usd!!! the same here car costs something like 40000 usd! it's not fair sad.gif

I was told by a friend who recently came from Brazil that everything is 20% more expensive than in Argentina....

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 6 2012, 05:48 AM
Electronics are pretty cheap in the states. You can get a basic xbox new for

$200 U.S.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microsoft+-+Xb...p;skuId=1162184

for $400 U.S. you can get the super deluxe model with kinect kit.

But yeah, some things are alway crazy like a TRIPLE RECTIFIER smile.gif

Elec

QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Apr 2 2012, 06:17 PM) *

troni

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 6 2012, 06:52 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thats not fair . yes !

We all have to do our part to become this world a better place !

Music is one way to make people all over the world more attentively and set impulse - inspiration - to became one owns imagination into something REAL !

Its easy to walk inside Norms, you just have to learn them accept them and close your eyes and sleep ......

Lets everyone do his little thing - wherever he stands - do push our reality into the right direction - a fair human society !

I think its soon eastern !? ..... i am into strange mood huh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 6 2012, 08:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 6 2012, 06:52 AM) *
Thats not fair . yes !

We all have to do our part to become this world a better place !

Music is one way to make people all over the world more attentively and set impulse - inspiration - to became one owns imagination into something REAL !

Its easy to walk inside Norms, you just have to learn them accept them and close your eyes and sleep ......

Lets everyone do his little thing - wherever he stands - do push our reality into the right direction - a fair human society !

I think its soon eastern !? ..... i am into strange mood huh.gif

I know exactly what you're saying Dieter, we can't change the world but we can change ourselves which means the world does change smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 6 2012, 11:12 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
That always amzes me, why in a global economy there can be such differences in price on the same products sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 6 2012, 01:20 PM
Learning Roadie
Import Taxes

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:30 AM