Noise Issues Amplitude 3
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2013, 05:58 PM
GMC:er
I have had some questions recently about folks having noise/hum issues using guitar VST/plugins. I feel your pain. The good news is, REAPER has a pretty spiff noise gate built in called REAGATE. Most guitar VST plugins have their own noise gate as well. The amplitude noise gate is a tad less configurable than the reaper gate, and learning to use the REAPER gate on guitar will hopefully help you be able to use it on other types of tracks. Here is a cool vid describing how to use the built in REAPER noise gate. Enjoy!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jan 17 2013, 10:22 PM
Good info. I do not like the noise gate in amplitube, it feels to me like I have to choose between sustain or noise, and can never get it just right. I have read good things about the stock fx in reaper, but haven't messed with them enough. I am gonna give this a shot it is definitely waaaaaaaay more adjustable.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jan 24 2013, 11:01 AM
Thank you Todd! I was looking for lessons on using ReaGate smile.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2013, 07:53 AM
BINGO!!! You should not have to give up sustain for noise suppression. I stack two gates in the chain in OVERLOUD in addition to the main gate in order to stagger them and have each working on a different noise level so I can keep some sustain. THe pedal noise gates in overloud are also Limiters/Expanders so you can tweak them to adjust the signal itself so it needs less gate. Getting WADS of gain and not having CRAZY noise is an ART smile.gif WHen using AMPLITUDE I always had to use Gates/compressors/expanders external to AMPLITUDE which increased CPU drain quite a bit on each guitar channel. Even AMPLITUDE METAL has the same issue.

Todd

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jan 17 2013, 04:22 PM) *
Good info. I do not like the noise gate in amplitube, it feels to me like I have to choose between sustain or noise, and can never get it just right. I have read good things about the stock fx in reaper, but haven't messed with them enough. I am gonna give this a shot it is definitely waaaaaaaay more adjustable.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:16 AM