Who do you choose?
Obama [ 115 ] ** [89.84%]
McCain [ 13 ] ** [10.16%]
Total Votes: 128
Guests cannot vote 
fkalich
Nov 1 2008, 08:11 AM
GMC:er
Europeans and everyone else can vote. Anything that can save us from the Republicans (I used to be one b.t.w. before they went totally stupid and despicable)

I fully understand that if one has solid financial security and is primarily motivated by personal greed, or if a person otherwise is absolutely insane, that McCain could be the logical choice. And everyone has the right to vote as they choose, no matter how stupid.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Nov 1 2008, 08:22 AM
laugh.gif usually when one conducts such a poll they try and leave their personal decision out of the picture...

all is good though... personally, I don't know enought about either candidate (and I don't think anyone can say they do know enough) so I am not voting (in the election). but if you put a gun to my head and said choose.... there I voted... but you dont know who... tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ctodd: Nov 1 2008, 08:22 AM

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 1 2008, 09:19 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Obama smile.gif

Edit: ...and the choice is one of the easiest I've ever made smile.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Nov 1 2008, 09:20 AM

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Nov 1 2008, 09:31 AM
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Nov 1 2008, 09:19 AM) *
Obama smile.gif

Edit: ...and the choice is one of the easiest I've ever made smile.gif

Me too. Obama is the man. smile.gif

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 1 2008, 09:41 AM
QUOTE (Ctodd @ Nov 1 2008, 02:22 AM) *
laugh.gif usually when one conducts such a poll they try and leave their personal decision out of the picture...

all is good though... personally, I don't know enought about either candidate (and I don't think anyone can say they do know enough) so I am not voting (in the election). but if you put a gun to my head and said choose.... there I voted... but you dont know who... tongue.gif

I will explain it to you.

Republican plan - The haves keep what they have, preferably more, screw the peasants. Regarding the rest of the world, use them as we can, but screw them also, after all, they are all foreigners. Also keep paying 1 1/2 to 2 times the amount per person than they do in Europe and Canada for medical care, and convince everyone we have the best in the world, even though we rank 30th in the world in life expectancy. After all, we don't want to stand in line for 6 months like they have to do in Europe if they break their leg, before anyone treats it.

Democrat plan - Maybe the people who work their asses off for minimum wage deserve better, and maybe those who suck 100 times as much out of the system deserve a bit less. And maybe we should try to get along a bit better with the rest of the world.

You make your choice. But is is your duty to vote, even if one is nuts enough to vote Republican, still you should vote.

edit: spelling

This post has been edited by fkalich: Nov 1 2008, 09:44 AM

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Nov 1 2008, 09:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Easiest choice made in a long time for me as well .... you don't even wanna think about having McCain as president, imagine he dies (he's quite young though tongue.gif) and then we are stuck with Palin as President (tbh that's even worse).

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Noangels
Nov 1 2008, 09:54 AM
Cant vote,I think Ron Paul would have been the one for me!

Obama and Mccain are an illusion in choice as are most goverments that fool the people into thinking that every 4 years or so they have a choice in how their country is run.There not the ones who make policies,you have to follow the money trail to see who is moudling this planet into increasing their families vast wealth at the expense of us normal people.

We are nothing but cattle to be milked of our money,and be slaves to this system from birth to death(and taxed beyond death!)

Lets get rid of all of them! tongue.gif

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 1 2008, 10:09 AM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Nov 1 2008, 03:48 AM) *
Easiest choice made in a long time for me as well .... you don't even wanna think about having McCain as president, imagine he dies (he's quite young though tongue.gif) and then we are stuck with Palin as President (tbh that's even worse).

My Brother runs a Newspaper in the South. Even being Catholic, he wrote an Editorial endorsing Obama. The response from the public there was hilarious. He got called every nasty name in the book. Someone said of my brother "he has more integrity than he has brains". He called the Palin choice "bizarre".

That is what pretty much sold me on Obama, his decent choice of VP. After McCain's choice, I am thinking that those who say the guy is half nuts may be on to something.

QUOTE (Noangels @ Nov 1 2008, 03:54 AM) *
We are nothing but cattle to be milked of our money,and be slaves to this system from birth to death(and taxed beyond death!)

It is not relevant. The point is, that the alternative to Democracy is much worse, whatever the problems we have, whatever the flaws, it is better than the alternative. So that is why you vote, it is your duty, vote for Bozo the Clown if you want, but it is your duty to vote.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 1 2008, 11:51 AM
Easy. Obama. We are in serious trouble over the world if McCain wins.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
mjsteps
Nov 1 2008, 12:34 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 1 2008, 11:51 AM) *
Easy. Obama. We are in serious trouble over the world if McCain wins.

In the world of post modern thinking "truth is just a matter of opinion, devoid of facts".

(please see bottom for my vote)

This is not an election but simply a selection made by what should be known as the "US state run Media".

To my european brothers and sisters look at the facts.

To the world who has under gone the "economic" crisis understand this is a result of Democrates plain and simple. THe facts are there, the voting records, hearings are a matter of public record yes read them and weep. Barney Franks (D) champion of "fannie mae" and the sub-prime mortgae industry. Whose lover was the CEO but he and Barney are no longer togather. Chris Dodd, banking chair and once again a (D) took a sweet heart mortgae deal with a low low intrest rate that you or I could ever get. Did nothing but turn the other way.

Bush 2003 told the congress to " fix the mess"

Mcain 2005 put a bill on the floor to reform the sub-prime mortgae industry. Democrates filubustered the bill and never made it to the floor.

Why vote for a candidate that voted to raise taxes 95 times. Why vote for a canidate that believes in re-distribution of so-called wealth. Why vote for a candidate who has spent $600 million to buy the election. Why vote for a canidate whose party will have full reign in the congress and the senate. Why vote for a canidate that chose a running mate whose "expertise" is forgein policy but yet in his debate he made 14 false statements and knows nothing about forgein afffairs. The consquences under Obama will be much greater.

On the other said not much can be said.

I vote for.......................MICKEY MOUSE

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 1 2008, 12:44 PM
I'd choose intelligence over guns and violence any day so Obama is who I'd vote for.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Siggum
Nov 1 2008, 12:48 PM
Obama smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 1 2008, 12:50 PM
I think the poll speaks for itself smile.gif 22 to 1 lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Rooks
Nov 1 2008, 12:56 PM
I think Obama and Mccain could both do good for the States in their own way...

But I vote Obama as I am terrified of that Palin woman's radical and fanatic politics..

+ I think too many innocent people have died in Iraq as it is, and I support Obamas opinion about withdrawing as soon and as clean as possible.

I believe in Iraq getting stabilized. I just don't think military power is going to do anything other than making more enemies and getting people killed. All those money spend on missiles, bullets and fuel can be put to way better use.

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 1 2008, 12:58 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 1 2008, 07:50 AM) *
I think the poll speaks for itself smile.gif 22 to 1 lol biggrin.gif

Actually, no, it just proves that the rest of the world wants what it perceives to be best for it, but funnily enough, the Americans are going to vote for what they perceive to be best for them ...

Oh, and here is the obligatory warning:

Lets keep this one Civil guys - no name calling please

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Nov 1 2008, 01:00 PM
Neither.
In before the argument!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 1 2008, 01:07 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
My vote is on Mr Guitartube biggrin.gif

We could however have a problem when he calls other leaders "you prick" and says "I'll crush you like mosquito". I know he's good hearted but maybe lacks some humbleness. But still, a good call for president!

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Nov 1 2008, 01:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Obama wink.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 1 2008, 01:11 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 1 2008, 08:07 AM) *
My vote is on Mr Guitartube biggrin.gif

We could however have a problem when he calls other leaders "you prick" and says "I'll crush you like mosquito". I know he's good hearted but maybe lacks some humbleness. But still, a good call for president!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
N4085B
Nov 1 2008, 01:18 PM
QUOTE (Noangels @ Nov 1 2008, 03:54 AM) *
Cant vote,I think Ron Paul would have been the one for me!

Obama and Mccain are an illusion in choice as are most goverments that fool the people into thinking that every 4 years or so they have a choice in how their country is run.There not the ones who make policies,you have to follow the money trail to see who is moudling this planet into increasing their families vast wealth at the expense of us normal people.

I'm with Noangels on this one; I can't stand either of them thus I'm voting Libertarian (Bob Barr/Wayne Root) and voting against any incumbant in the other races whether democrat or republican. The definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result....we've been voting for the same two parties for the past 50+ years here and they both suck. They only care about staying in power and getting re-elected....no matter what the cost. Throw the bums out!

+Quote Post

12 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:11 AM