> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

6 Power Rock Ballad Licks, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

mhskeide
Nov 19 2019, 11:17 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Original lesson: 6 Power Rock Ballad Licks by Guido Bungenstock

Absolutely love this style of playing, so no doubt I had to give it a shot! I had to cheat a bit at 0:34, since I am a long time away from executing the original lick at that speed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Darius Wave
Nov 26 2019, 12:11 PM
Instructor
Hey there

The first go-throough of your take leaves a lot of good impression. You are very close with most of the stuff here. Observing your hand I believe you have enough of technical headroom to play these likcs at the studio level. I guess it's a matter of unproportionally more practise time so it 100% goes into musclke memorey and you could keep 100% of your focus on timing and pitch. at this point you still look like it's getting too much of your attention to control your position shifts.

At 0:54 remember that it is also very important how we end the licks. Next time give some respect to how long the note lasts and how you mute it. This one was quite harsh smile.gif

at the end try to remember to push and let the whammy bar release itself. It sounds like your tremolo did not get to the point 0 and final lick sound way out of tune comparing to previous ones.

Gabriel has posted lots of useful feedback. There's no need to double it. You should should know that you are quite good already, and you need to bring focus to very small detials because that is what really makes a difference in pro playing. General discipline and order with things such as unwanted noises and pitch are critical smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:56 PM