2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Michael Angelo Batio
The Uncreator
Nov 9 2007, 11:59 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator

Artist: Michael Angelo Batio

Well, i must let you all know, i just came back from a Michael Angelo Batio concert, and WOW!! I have never seen such an awe inspiring performance. He played all of my favorite tracks including "Burn", "Hands Without Shadows", "Tribute To Rhandy", and my all time favorite..."Rainforest". His performance was flawless, every note was perfectly played. In between each song he would talk to the crowd and tell some pretty crazy and funny stories about tours and how the double and quad guitar came around, his old bands, it was just fun, some pretty funny moments. Oh, and seeing his Signature "Armorflame" Dean in person was outstanding, it is just a beautiful instrument, he also brought with him his new Double-Guitar, with the flame burst finish. I got to the show a few hours early and got to hang out with him and talk about gear, guitar, music, such a nice and cool guy. And during the famous double-guitar solo (In person, Live, its four times as amazing) he tossed his pick out right before he plays "True-Right" section, and it landed right on my lap!! on top of that i got a signed Dean catalog and signed Michale Angelo Batio poster!! It was one of the best nights of my life, i have enough inspiration to last me the rest of my life!!

PS

I asked him if he was naturally left or right, and he is naturally left, and plays right since he has more control over his left hand, in case anyone ever wondered wink.gif

He is doing shows all around the US Now, so check out His site (Angelo.com) and see if you can go see the amazing batio live!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Nov 9 2007, 12:02 PM
GMC:er
Nice man!!! I really want to go to one of his concerts smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 9 2007, 12:02 PM
That is amazing man! I can't believe you got his autograph and pick! Very nice!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 9 2007, 12:39 PM
awesome dude... ur so lucky that u got to talk to him, and its awesome u got so much inspiration out of the event. awesome review, i enjoyed it alot.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 9 2007, 12:45 PM
That must have been amazing.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 9 2007, 05:07 PM
Instructor
Congrats m8! You were lucky to see him live! Awesome man! Any pictures?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 9 2007, 07:55 PM
Yeah i got pictures, not the best of quality, but i will be uploading them wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jorbazz
Jan 7 2008, 06:05 PM
Michael is amazing tongue.gif Have anyone of you seen the youtube video whene he plays with a doubleneck?

--------------------
My Gear:
-ESP LTD EC-1000BLK Deluxe
-Marshall ADV 50 W
-Line-6 Floorpod

Studio Gear:
Allen&Heath Zed-14
Sonar LE

Favourite Bands:
Englebarn(Angelkid)
HangFace
Dream Theater
Alit Boazu(Blue Raindeer)
MindTwist
Iron-Maiden
Metallica
Liquid Tension Experiment
G3
Torch

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 7 2008, 07:04 PM
Instructor
That video is on his homepage! By the way, visit www.angelo.com to see his picture gallery and some really cool videos and his equipment and guitar collection smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 7 2008, 09:52 PM
I just slowed down the G minor sweep tapped arpeggios in No Boundaries and they are 35-42 notes per second, faster than Francesco!

--------------------

+Quote Post
at lights end
Jan 7 2008, 10:03 PM
that guy is insane.
you got to meet him, got his autograph and pick!?
you lucky guy! blink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 7 2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah it was a breathtaking Night, he is such a cool guy, full of massive amounts of guitar knowledge and helpful advice, Incredible Musician!

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Jan 8 2008, 01:22 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 7 2008, 08:52 PM) *
I just slowed down the G minor sweep tapped arpeggios in No Boundaries and they are 35-42 notes per second, faster than Francesco!

I'm sorry, 35 notes per second?

Are you sure that's right. That would be the same as playing semi-quavers at 525bpm.

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jan 8 2008, 10:43 PM
QUOTE (Tomotoms @ Jan 8 2008, 01:22 PM) *
I'm sorry, 35 notes per second?

Are you sure that's right. That would be the same as playing semi-quavers at 525bpm.

Yep thats if each note rang out though. He plays them so fast that some notes get "eaten," so it is less than 525 but still. Check the tab out. It is 16th notes played at 200 BPM. Except they aren't group in 4 even beats, and they aren't grouped as 16th note triplets, but are grouped as 7 notes per beat. The entire arpeggio is 14 notes, he plays it about twice and one half time in 1 second, so comes out at about roughly 35-42 notes per second.

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jan 8 2008, 10:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 9 2008, 12:35 AM
Sounds about right, He can play fast and maintain some insane cool melodies.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 9 2008, 01:21 AM
Wow thats insanity.. would be awsome to see someone like this live! ur a lucky guy uncreator

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jan 9 2008, 02:20 AM
Instructor
Where are the pictures ??? tongue.gif

hehe, congratulations, he's a great guitar player

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 9 2008, 02:41 AM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jan 8 2008, 05:20 PM) *
Where are the pictures ??? tongue.gif

hehe, congratulations, he's a great guitar player

Every picture i got was right at the moment he moved so the light behind him shined on the camera, sadly they are all horrible quality due to this.

+Quote Post
Tomotoms
Jan 9 2008, 10:12 AM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 8 2008, 09:43 PM) *
Yep thats if each note rang out though. He plays them so fast that some notes get "eaten," so it is less than 525 but still. Check the tab out. It is 16th notes played at 200 BPM. Except they aren't group in 4 even beats, and they aren't grouped as 16th note triplets, but are grouped as 7 notes per beat. The entire arpeggio is 14 notes, he plays it about twice and one half time in 1 second, so comes out at about roughly 35-42 notes per second.

7 notes a beat at 200bpm is about 23 notes a second, which is still insanely fast and more than I can ever hope to acheive sad.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 11 2008, 11:13 AM
You're so lucky you got his pick !!
What sort picks does he use tongue.gif ?

This post has been edited by Mark.: Jan 11 2008, 11:13 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:32 PM