Gary Moore Live Blues, must see live performance
Darius Wave
Sep 18 2013, 09:16 PM
Instructor

Balance between his technical abilities and blus feeling makes him one of a kind. Not many guitar with simialr skills keep with the blues for all their live...maybe a matter of taste of missunderstanding with the mood of the blues...but...he CAN PLAY and he stayed loyal to the genre that was also very close to me. I really admire his playing...don't get me wrong I'm not a type of person who would like to listen to shreders playing blues. Somehow Gary does combine some tasty chops with his huge technique and...it works for me smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 19 2013, 08:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
I really enjoyed this video, in particular the part between him and BB King. In the last week I listened blues like others in a life laugh.gif
My big regret was that in the year when he died, I lost his concert in my country because I choose a stupid party. I said then, no problem I will go next year at Gary concert......but there was no next year sad.gif
I was stupid but I can't turn back time sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 19 2013, 08:31 AM
Instructor
I wish I could be I was also never able to see him live sad.gif Huge player. He was sort of connection between blues and modern playing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Sep 19 2013, 08:47 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Sep 19 2013, 09:31 AM) *
I wish I could be I was also never able to see him live sad.gif Huge player. He was sort of connection between blues and modern playing

You know already Darius...I like to say (Boast!)...I DID see him play live about the same era as your posted video (In 1990) he was Promoting His 'Still Got the Blues album' in London at the Hammersmith Odeon....I was at this concert (below) and Albert king and Albert Collins (Two great bluesmen) also played on that stage....They are all Dead now unfortunately. It was one of the best things I ever saw...What struck my mind was watching his fretting hand...It was so fast it was a blur! smile.gif He played the most amazing Rock/Blues Flavour!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 20 2013, 10:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Sep 19 2013, 07:47 AM) *
You know already Darius...I like to say (Boast!)...I DID see him play live about the same era as your posted video (In 1990) he was Promoting His 'Still Got the Blues album' in London at the Hammersmith Odeon....I was at this concert (below) and Albert king and Albert Collins (Two great bluesmen) also played on that stage....They are all Dead now unfortunately. It was one of the best things I ever saw...What struck my mind was watching his fretting hand...It was so fast it was a blur! smile.gif He played the most amazing Rock/Blues Flavour!

You were so lucky Rod! How much truth and 100% soul in that playing is...damn. Something that is pretty rare those days....at least on the big stages because music itself and awesome players still live - most of them probably in the backgound of popular music that owns stadions and TV etc...:/

+Quote Post
Blue Willy
Sep 25 2013, 03:29 AM
GMC:er
Thank you so much for posting this...so great on so many levels!

--------------------
Mike

"The business ain't nothin' but the blues!" - Rahsaan Roland Kirk

Inductee in the Blues Hall of Fame, March 14, 2012.

Mike-Wilhelm.com
YouTube: Michael Ray Wilhelm, Blusician, guitar & vocal

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 26 2013, 11:14 AM
Instructor
Very good choice of player to amire I think smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:20 PM