The Hang Drum - Amazing Instrument
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 15 2014, 02:14 PM
Instructor
I remembered this very nice solo played on hang drums and I thought you guys should definitely see it:

It's a very special instrument, built in such a way that you can use a unique tuning on it and each one can only be used as such.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 15 2014, 02:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
awesome
it is so relaxing , but so interesting, you want to watch it and not relax

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Palacios
Feb 15 2014, 05:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow. Those drums have an amazing sound.

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 15 2014, 07:44 PM
GMC:er
Nice...very oriental sound! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 15 2014, 07:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I wonder how hard is it to play?
I have been intrigued lately by this instrument as I saw local street artist play it.
The sound is really beautiful, mellow and somehow sounds "produced" (like studio processed recording).

Too bad we don't usually see this instrument (and many other "unusual ones") in the music stores.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 15 2014, 08:32 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow that's pretty awesome Cosmin. thanks man. It seems to be somewhat similar to the Steel Pan that is heard in Calypso music from the Caribbean, but with a bit more resonance and sustain. Very cool! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2014, 08:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Feb 15 2014, 06:54 PM) *
I wonder how hard is it to play?
I have been intrigued lately by this instrument as I saw local street artist play it.
The sound is really beautiful, mellow and somehow sounds "produced" (like studio processed recording).

Too bad we don't usually see this instrument (and many other "unusual ones") in the music stores.

Wow - Bogdan, did you really see this on the streets in your city? biggrin.gif Amazing! I have gathered a bit of info here, for everyone who's interested:

Wiki explanation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hang_%28instrument%29
Official Swiss producers FB page - https://www.facebook.com/PANArt.Hang
Official website - http://www.hang-music.com/hang.php - I think the description here, is simply making me want one NOW laugh.gif

The fun thing is, you can have it built to a certain musical mode of your liking smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 16 2014, 11:56 AM
GMC:er
I saw on ebay, there is a VST Hang Drum available.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 16 2014, 02:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Feb 16 2014, 10:56 AM) *
I saw on ebay, there is a VST Hang Drum available.

That sounds interesting smile.gif I would love the real thing, but till then, let's see what the stuff on ebay can do...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:23 PM