Just Some Relaxed Playing, Practicing Lessons
Jenkinson
Jun 13 2008, 02:02 AM
GMC:er
I apologize in advance for the poor audio mix, I do not have recording software or hardware, so this is my playing for my digital camera. As a result of cranking my amp enough for the camera to pick it up, I could barely hear the backing tracks, so there might be some slight off timings. I had not really warmed up, so I played slow. Excuse any errors I just wanted to show you guys a little idea of my progress / level. Enjoy, Muris' PG 1 is uploading to youtube right now, check back later tonight to view it in this post.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BJNP7kfgXMI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ErDt0CodjiA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FnsofIRKZfE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bEKkrX4V8oU

Feedback is appreciated!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jenkinson: Jun 13 2008, 03:49 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jun 13 2008, 08:59 AM
Overall very nice playing, but you should focus a bit on muting, espcially on the lower strings, also you'r bends aren't so accurate yet but you'r getting there. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 13 2008, 09:48 AM
Instructor
Hm, I would go with Iluha on this one, take it very slow and work on phrasing and muting and work those bends as precise and sharply as you can.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Jun 13 2008, 08:26 PM
Ivan, when you say work on phrasing, do you mean break up each section and work on in more individually? I am slowly becoming more accurate in my bending, thanks for the feedback!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 13 2008, 10:18 PM
Instructor
Phrasing in this case meant that you can play some notes harder or softer in order to get more dynamics out of these exercises, it will sound much more natural. For example first note of each arpeggio you can slightly pick harder and it will sound with more character. All in all great playing, and very accurate. Also before going up to speed I would suggest to really fret the notes one at a time. It is very important not to hear any left over notes behind the next one before you go up the speed. This will enable you to reach much higher tempos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Jun 13 2008, 10:35 PM
Ok, I will definitely practice what you have suggested! Thank you so much.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 13 2008, 11:52 PM
Instructor
No problem man, glad to help smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Jun 14 2008, 07:21 PM
Whoa, Ivan! One day after practicing fretting each note well, I have already notice a huge improvement! Wow!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 14 2008, 09:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Jenkinson, this is prety nice! Your playing is good, just keep practicing, but your tone, you need to work on it I think. Your sound is good for metal, but not for Paul Gilbert style playing. I hope this helped a bit biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Jun 16 2008, 01:43 AM
kanzie thanks! I agree about the tone, needs work. Any ideas?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:55 AM