Problem With Pod X3, Line 6 Monkey troubles
crazytrain101
Aug 2 2008, 06:37 PM
GMC:er
I have recently just bought a regular Pod x3 and registered it on Line6.com. When i went install line 6 monkey it tells me that it is not recognizing my pod x3 and keeps telling me to register it. Has anybody here had this same problem? Any help is appreciated. I am just wondering if this can the be dreaded 0.00 firmware problem but i don't know to check the firmware for the pod x3. mellow.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 2 2008, 06:42 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
So have you registred it? The id is at the bottom.

I found that the drivers are a bit difficult to install, maybe because I also have the Line6 Guitarport on the same computer.
The trapdoor I fell through was that when I followed the instructions to install the drivers, after plugging in the USB as adviced by the installation process I never ran the Windows driver installer program, I thought the monkey had handled all of that already. ..you know when you get the "continue anyway" message. Continue, select to search for the drivers and have them installed. That did the trick for me. (after registring the X3 aswell)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Aug 2 2008, 06:42 PM

+Quote Post
crazytrain101
Aug 2 2008, 06:47 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 2 2008, 06:42 PM) *
So have you registred it? The id is at the bottom.

I found that the drivers are a bit difficult to install, maybe because I also have the Line6 Guitarport on the same computer.
The trapdoor I fell through was that when I followed the instructions to install the drivers, after plugging in the USB as adviced by the installation process I never ran the Windows driver installer program, I thought the monkey had handled all of that already. ..you know when you get the "continue anyway" message. Continue, select to search for the drivers and have them installed. That did the trick for me. (after registring the X3 aswell)

Yes i did register it. I also ran the windows driver installer program as well. The main problem for me though is that the monkey doesn't seem to recognize the pod x3 at all. My computer says new hardware is found, so the computer recognizes the hardware but not monkey. Please Help!

This post has been edited by crazytrain101: Aug 2 2008, 07:49 PM

+Quote Post
inertia
Aug 3 2008, 03:23 AM
you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, are you using the latest drivers and line6 monkey version from the line6 web site?

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 3 2008, 09:40 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
And of course you are 100% certain you entered the correct code, right? Without the letters within ()

+Quote Post
crazytrain101
Aug 3 2008, 03:01 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 3 2008, 09:40 AM) *
And of course you are 100% certain you entered the correct code, right? Without the letters within ()

Yes I got the latest monkey version. As well i did not put the letters in the () in the serial code. When i went to try monkey again this morning it still didn't recognize the pod x3 but starts to install the drivers all over again by itself.Thanks for trying to help guys. I appreciate it.

+Quote Post
inertia
Aug 3 2008, 04:50 PM
If you haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling I would give that a go, it may be a registry problem or faulty install, happens all the time especially if you had other apps open when you were installing, you want to make sure you have the thing disconnect when you're installing and only reconnect it when it prompts you to.
My advice as a former IT guy is just give Line 6 customer support a shout, I'm sure they'll have you up and running in no time, as they likely see this all the time.
cheers

+Quote Post
crazytrain101
Aug 3 2008, 07:06 PM
Im going going to call them monday to see if they can get me running because i'm just new to the pod x3 so i don't know a lot about it. Thank all for your help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:27 AM