> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Vince09's Music Workouts, for Gab's Army
Vince09
May 20 2015, 03:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Gab!I looked at the gp5 file and this is the result smile.gif SRV 3
Unfortunely the lesson is at 120 bmp and there is no backing track at 120 bpm..only 110 bpm or lower.

Here are the answers for the assignment nr 3 for the ear training course:
1.Major 3rd
2.Perfect 5th
3.Major 3rd
4.Perfect 8th
5.Major 3rd
6.Perfect 5th
7.Perfect 8th
8.Major 3rd
9.Perfect 5th
10.Major 3rd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Vince09: May 20 2015, 03:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2015, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Great job with both things!

The ear training is perfect, and now the rhythm goes as it should be on the SRV lesson! Well done! smile.gif

I created a 120bpm backing for this lesson to let you practice at the normal tempo. We 'll add it to the lesson too.

Check it out: Attached File  Backing_Beginner_Soloing_loop_C_Major_120bpm.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 57

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vince09
May 29 2015, 02:26 PM
Hi Gab!Thank your for your kind words and also for the backing track smile.gif Here is a quick play of the full SRV lesson...what do you think?
SRV lesson

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 29 2015, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Good job with the lesson! You can play the whole thing! Now it's time to focus on:

- Groove: Try to follow the rhythm with your body while you play, you need to feel it, and connect your timing more with the backing track, mostly with the drums.

- Dynamics: All notes sound with the same intensity on your take. You need to start accentuating some notes (as it happens in the original lesson) to give more life to your playing.

- Vibrato: More and wider! smile.gif

keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jun 1 2015, 08:27 PM
Hi Gab!I am doing my best to apply your advices in my playing but it's not easy smile.gif
I aslo started to learn this lesson: Texas_Blues_Rock_Shuffle
The orginal backing track has also a problem...it has Stepahane playing on it laugh.gif so at the moment I use a slower one biggrin.gif
Also here are my answers for the assignment nr 4 of the ear training:
1.Perfect 5th
2.Major 2nd
3.Perfect 4th
4.Major 6th
5.Major 7th
6.Major 3rd
7.Perfect 8th
8.Perfect 4th
9.Perfect 8th
10.Major 6th

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2015, 02:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince, good job with the intervals, everything is perfect! You're ready for the following assignment.

That Texas Blues lesson is really cool. I've checked the backing and it includes Stephane's reverb effect so it shouldn't be a problem, it's more like a guide. By the way I'll ask if this can be fixed. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 2 2015, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Hi again! This is the backing in 118 bpm without lead guitar.

Attached File  Texas_Blues_118.mp3 ( 946.95K ) Number of downloads: 65

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 5 2015, 09:15 PM
Hi Gab!I am back...I hope for long time from now smile.gif
Thank you for the backing track. Here is a quick demo of the Texas Blues Lesson :
Texas Blues
There is only one problem with the video...I forgot to switch the camera to night mode laugh.gif
Also with the little time that I had I worked on the ear training course so I have the answers for Assignment nr 3:

1.Major 3rd
2.Major 6th
3.Major 7th
4.Perfect 5th
5.Major 2nd
6.Perfect 8th
7.Perfect 4th
8.Perfect 5th
9.Major 6th
10.Perfect 8th

This post has been edited by Vince09: Jul 5 2015, 09:18 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2015, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince! Welcome back!

You are doing a good job with the Texas lesson but there are two elements to focus now: groove and dynamics. These two specific elements are fundamental in this style of music. Your playing is not tight enough, and even when it's tight it's lacking that groovy feel that the rhythm requires. You already know the notes, now it's time to feel it. Close your eyes, follow the groove with your head and/foot and let your hand dance with the backing.... dynamics will appear too if you let your hand move and strum freely.

About the ear training assignment, are you sure that this is the number 3? Most of them are wrong...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 6 2015, 03:35 PM
Hi Gab!Thank you for your feedback.Those two elements are big problem for me and even though I payed attention I still didn't got it wright.I will keep studying but already I feel like moving on...
About the ear training..Of course they are not the answers for number 3....cause they are for number 5 smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2015, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Ah! Now it makes sense, the answers are perfect, good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 12 2015, 10:27 PM
Thank you Gab! At least the ear training is going nice...Here are the answers for assignment nr 6 smile.gif
1.Perfect 5th
2.Perfect 4th
3.Major 3rd
4.Major 7th
5.Perfect 8th
6.Perfect 4th
7.Perfect 4th
8.Perfect 5th
9.Major 2nd
10.Perfect 4th

Now I am gonna be honest...I tried to associate the intervals with a couple of songs but that didn't work cause I am not singing the wright interval dry.gif Also it's extremly hard for me to recognize the intervals wich are played using high notes dry.gif
Now regarding the rhythm lessons(Van Halen,Srv,Texas blues)...as I mentioned before I practiced them each day and still I can't get that groove and dynamics wich is required so I think it would be better if I practice each 10 minutes per day and start a new lesson wich I will share with you every part I learn....what do youi say?The lesson that I had in mind is this one Muted-Strings-Rhythm-Guitar/ wich is closer to the other lessons that I study biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 13 2015, 03:43 PM
Instructor
Hi Vince, good job with the intervals, there is only one wrong.

I recommend you to practice scales and try to sing along the notes. I consider very helpful to a guitarist to be able to sing in pitch. It's very useful for composing, improvising and learning songs. Please take some time every day for it.

The lesson you plan to start working looks great, let's go for it. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 13 2015, 09:27 PM
Hi Gab!I rechecked the assignment nr 6 and found out were I did wrong:
1.Perfect 5th
2.Perfect 5th
3.Major 3rd
4.Major 7th
5.Perfect 8th
6.Perfect 4th
7.Perfect 4th
8.Perfect 5th
9.Major 2nd
10.Perfect 4th

I will also include daily scale singing but...I will not move on to minor intervals unless I am sure that I can recognize anytime the major ones.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2015, 05:31 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this is not right yet. Keep working!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 25 2015, 05:47 PM
Hi Gab! I redid the assignment nr 6 and to be honest I need a little help cause I don't know wich one I got wrong.
1.Perfect 5th
2.Perfect 4th
3.Major 3rd
4.Major 7th
5.Perfect 8th
6.Perfect 4th
7.Perfect 4th
8.Perfect 5th
9.Major 2nd
10.Perfect 4th

Also I studied ther first 2 parts of the Muted Strings Rhythm lesson and here it is the result:
Muted Strings Rhythm Guitar part 1-2
First thing I noticed is that my left hand doesn't keep up with my right hand.Also I am muting the low E with the tip of the index finger but it still makes an annoying sound even though it doesn't vibrate. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 27 2015, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good job! The only wrong one is the number 6.

The muted lesson is on the right track, but there is still room to make it sound much groovier. Your timing is not precise when you play the palm muted rhythm, and the melodic line is not appearing smooth there. A good exercises would be to follow the groove with 16th muted strums to get the groovy feel while closing your eyes and following the rhythm with your whole body.

The lesson choice is excellent. Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Jul 28 2015, 05:00 PM
Hi Gab! Thank you for your kind words!I rechecked the question nr 6 and the answer is Major 6th. biggrin.gif
I also experiemented with 16th muted strums and I can say...Are you sure?smile.gif Cause 16th on 160bpm is crazy fast and It's really hard to keep up...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 29 2015, 02:20 PM
Instructor
I was thinking on this as a 80 bpm backing, so go for 8th notes. biggrin.gif

The 6th is a 6th, exactly! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Vince09
Aug 23 2015, 02:59 PM
Hi Gab!Long time no see...Unfortunetly I couldn't study much in this period so that's why there was no news from me....The Muted String lesson is going well but I am not fully happy cause I am not relaxed when I play it...so I gues I will have to work harder untill I can play it naturaly.
I finsed assignment nr 7 of the ear training but I can't recognize all the intervals by ear and voice so I think it's better to create my own assignments untill I am 100% that I can pass to minor intervals.
Here are the answers for asisgnment nr 7:

1.Major 3rd
2.Major 6th
3.Perfect 5th
4.Major 7th
5.Major 2nd
6.Perfect 4th
7.Major 6th
8.Perfect 4th
9.Major 3rd
10.Perfect 5th

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 01:39 PM