3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Buying A New Guitar - Ibanez Or Fender?
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 02:44 PM
GMC:er
Hoi guys, I have a budget of about 1000$ (about 7000kr or 600£) to buy a new guitar. Been saving for a long time. :-)
I've been thinking about a Fender Deluxe (American or Mexican) or buying an Ibanez.

These are some of the "tips" I got this far:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=511145X (question: this item has been discontinued; does this mean they don't sell it any more?)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=518115X
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=515738 (I don't like the colours on this one, but people say it's the best one.. I want more feelings to the colours of the guitar, just white or black feels abit cold to me).
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=511597
This is probally the one I like the most in colours and such; but to buy such a guitar here in Sweden would cost me alot of money.. and if I order it I can't try it out. So anyone ever played this guitar and know how it feels?

Any of you guys here have any additional tips or words to add? :-)

Thanks alot in advance,
Fredrik

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Prantare: Oct 13 2008, 02:50 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rooks
Oct 13 2008, 02:49 PM
Whoa hard to choose. If you like Ibanez you should check out the new RG special edition http://www.aage.dk/shoppingsystem/vare.asp?varenr=49153 only 4000 DKK, I really like that one anyway smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 02:51 PM
QUOTE (Rooks @ Oct 13 2008, 03:49 PM) *
Whoa hard to choose. If you like Ibanez you should check out the new RG special edition http://www.aage.dk/shoppingsystem/vare.asp?varenr=49153 only 4000 DKK, I really like that one anyway smile.gif

Looks really great.. but I don't really think the colours and finish are/is my style. Here's me playing one of my songs:
http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=vW5e3O11s9w

--------------------

+Quote Post
besip
Oct 13 2008, 02:56 PM
hey i'm was also fan of ibanez 2500Z
but later i'm was try Ibanez SV 5470...and i'm have to say this is great axe...it's little more expensive{around 1299$} but i'm belive they be go down with this price on chrismas time...if i'm buy ibanez thats will be 5470 biggrin.gif if laugh.gif

good luk with choose man cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Rooks
Oct 13 2008, 02:57 PM
Whoa really nice playing .. Feel like practicing now .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 13 2008, 03:03 PM
I can not see your headstock, but I assume it's Fender.

So, tone-wise I think it makes sense to add something else to your library (a guitar with a different soul).

For your style of playing, you should probably try a Ibanez with H-S-H pickup configuration. Perhaps the SV 5470 mentioned by besip.
This is another one within your budget http://www.eskildsen.dk/ShowProduct.aspx?productId=25707

I don't know how it compares to the 2500z model you sent. I was trying more expensive models (rgt320q, JEM, ...)

This post has been edited by Gus: Oct 13 2008, 03:06 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 13 2008, 03:03 PM
I must admit that I like the last link the most. I'm not a fan of Ibanez guitars so I'd go for a Fender and I prefer the last link Fender smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 03:08 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Oct 13 2008, 04:03 PM) *
I can not see your headstock, but I assume it's Fender.

So, tone-wise I think it makes sense to add something else to your library (a guitar with a different soul).

For your style of playing, you should probably try a Ibanez with H-S-H pickup configuration. Perhaps the SV 5470 mentioned by besip.
This is another one within your budget http://www.eskildsen.dk/ShowProduct.aspx?productId=25707

I don't know how it compares to the 2500z model you sent. I was trying more expensive models (rgt320q, JEM, ...)

I'm sure it's great guitar that'd suit me alot soundwise.. but I don't like those "plastic" looking colours very much. They're alittle bit too 'heavy' for me. =)

Great tips guys, keep 'em comming!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 13 2008, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 03:08 PM) *
I'm sure it's great guitar that'd suit me alot soundwise.. but I don't like those "plastic" looking colours very much. They're alittle bit too 'heavy' for me. =)

Great tips guys, keep 'em comming!

Why don't you pick up a cheap Fender Mexican Strat and stick some Fender Texas Special pick ups in it. That is what I'd do. Sounds incredible.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 13 2008, 03:10 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 03:13 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 13 2008, 04:10 PM) *
Why don't you pick up a cheap Fender Mexican Strat and stick some Fender Texas Special pick ups in it. That is what I'd do. Sounds incredible.

Hmm, I don't really know much about "modding" and such. Is this hard to do?
And do you know of any American corps exporting guitars to Sweden? Seeing those guitars are pretty cheap in USA. (649$ in USA; here in Sweden they go for about 1200$).

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 03:44 PM) *
Any of you guys here have any additional tips or words to add? :-)

You could get away with half of that and have the coolest guitar - If you're in Stockholm you can go to Nysses shop (Ugglas old guitarist) and get a Tokai or a MIJ strat wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rooks
Well I played one of these Fenders and it's one of my favorite guitars. But it would bust your budget a bit.. Anyhow its amaazing to play and not only for blues/jazz while looking old school.

http://www.aage.dk/shoppingsystem/vare.asp?varenr=39849

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 03:14 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 13 2008, 04:13 PM) *
You could get away with half of that and have the coolest guitar - If you're in Stockholm you can go to Nysses shop (Ugglas old guitarist) and get a Tokai or a MIJ strat wink.gif

Links or pictures? :-D
I'm going to Stockholm in about 2 weeks. Where can I find this shop?

Thanks alot guys. :-)

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 13 2008, 03:14 PM
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 03:13 PM) *
Hmm, I don't really know much about "modding" and such. Is this hard to do?
And do you know of any American corps exporting guitars to Sweden? Seeing those guitars are pretty cheap in USA. (649$ in USA; here in Sweden they go for about 1200$).

You can get a Mexican Strat cheap in Sweden easily I'd imagine. They are cheap in every country I've ever been to and changing pick ups is extremely easy but a shop would do it for barely anything if you bought the guitar and pick ups from them. To get a cheap American Strat go on the ebay version for Sweden and do a seach for worldwide shippers and it will include Americans that are willing to ship to Sweden and these should turn out to be a lot less.

It's how I get guitars cheaply.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 13 2008, 03:16 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 03:21 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 13 2008, 04:14 PM) *
You can get a Mexican Strat cheap in Sweden easily I'd imagine. They are cheap in every country I've ever been to and changing pick ups is extremely easy but a shop would do it for barely anything if you bought the guitar and pick ups from them. To get a cheap American Strat go on the ebay version for Sweden and do a seach for worldwide shippers and it will include Americans that are willing to ship to Sweden and these should turn out to be a lot less.

It's how I get guitars cheaply.

http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=350106017523
Found this one. But it's an older version; and the colours are abit boring but beutiful.

http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=110296283967
And this one doesn't look very hot.

This post has been edited by Prantare: Oct 13 2008, 03:22 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 13 2008, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 03:21 PM) *
http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=350106017523
Found this one. But it's an older version; and the colours are abit boring but beutiful.

http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=110296283967
And this one doesn't look very hot.

Not really as that is shipped from UK and guitars are as overpriced here as they are in Sweden. If you found that guitar in USA it would cost a lot less. It would take less time to get to you from UK though obviously and for a guitar that's fairly cheap anyway you wont be saving as much as you would if your budget was $2000 so you just gotta search round. If you can't find it cheaper on a Swedish online site for the same guitar then you may as well go for it.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 03:31 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 13 2008, 04:25 PM) *
Not really as that is shipped from UK and guitars are as overpriced here as they are in Sweden. If you found that guitar in USA it would cost a lot less. It would take less time to get to you from UK though obviously and for a guitar that's fairly cheap anyway you wont be saving as much as you would if your budget was $2000 so you just gotta search round. If you can't find it cheaper on a Swedish online site for the same guitar then you may as well go for it.

Yea, but I don't like the colours; and I don't really want to take a chance on the internet when I don't like how the guitar looks.

I don't really about how long it would take to ship the guitar to me. Any American shops that ship Fenders to Sweden?
Thanks again hehe. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 13 2008, 03:33 PM
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 03:31 PM) *
Yea, but I don't like the colours; and I don't really want to take a chance on the internet when I don't like how the guitar looks.

I don't really about how long it would take to ship the guitar to me. Any American shops that ship Fenders to Sweden?
Thanks again hehe. biggrin.gif

Could always get one like this

http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=330278093959

There are no American shops that send to Sweden as you aren't allowed as a shop to do it as Fender wont allow exporting their guitars.

Or

http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=110298143442

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 13 2008, 03:34 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 13 2008, 03:45 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 04:14 PM) *
Links or pictures? :-D
I'm going to Stockholm in about 2 weeks. Where can I find this shop?

Thanks alot guys. :-)

www.nysse.com

Take the pendel to Karlberg and walk a few hundered meters or take the tube directly to St Eriksplan and you're there.

QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 13 2008, 04:31 PM) *
Any American shops that ship Fenders to Sweden?

Like OC says, they don't. You could try eBay shops though as they might.

+Quote Post
Prantare
Oct 13 2008, 04:01 PM
OK, found this guitar:
http://global.ebay.com/gbh/viItem?ItemId=200254807477

It'd cost me about 6800kr which is 2000kr cheaper than here in Sweden.
But that one is a "Lone Star" deluxe and not "Players" strat. Whats the difference?

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:36 PM