What Pedal, what pedal to record backing tracks
symon
Dec 25 2007, 02:21 AM
GMC:er
hi guys i was just wondering what if any (dont really know what people use for this sort of thing)
pedal do you use to record the backing tracks on and then play while you play the guitar part or solo

warm regards
symon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 25 2007, 11:17 AM
Instructor
If i understood your question right...

...I usually record backing guitar with the same sound i record solo, sometimes with a bit less gain but the sound settings are the same.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
symon
Dec 25 2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Pavel first of all thanks for your reply this wasn't really what i meant (bad explanation on my part ) i have since looked a little more in depth and found out that what i was looking for was called a phraser or looper something that you can record a whole song on minus the guitar part you want to play like a portable band any ways still wondering if anyone is using these
warm regards and a merry christmas to all
symon

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 25 2007, 02:00 PM
Instructor
Oh ok! You're looking for some fast-track recorder. I never used anything like that as i always record everything to my PC in sequencer smile.gif

Let's hope other GMC-ers will have some more info for you smile.gif I think BOSS and Digitech have some recorders you are looking for.
Something like this: http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=157
or this http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=132
Search the "Gear->DigitalStudios" on the BOSS website smile.gif

Tascam and Digitech also have similar products.

This post has been edited by Pavel: Dec 25 2007, 02:06 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 25 2007, 03:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well you can use loop station pedal from Boss for jamming at home (recording lots of layers etc)...
Here is the link : http://www.bossus.com/index.asp?pg=1&tmp=137
I heard only good things about it... smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 25 2007, 09:23 PM
Instructor
Try the RC2, RC20 or RC50 from boss, or Boomerang. THe RC2 is I think the most effective one.

I use a DD20 delay pedal for looping it has 23 seconds with infinite overdubing, so if you wanna delay+looping this can be interesting.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
symon
Dec 26 2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys i appreciate your help
warm regards symon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:50 AM