Medieval/ Celtic Music
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2012, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Hey guys, I just talked to an old friend of mine, after 4 years of having been away for some reason or other. She is an awesome guitarist (classically trained) and she has this medieval music group with a violinist. She got me hooked with a song which I posted in the 'A song a day' thread, but since it's so good, I'll post it once again here:

I was wondering if you guys ever felt that incredible energy in this sort of music smile.gif for me it's like all the great legends and stories of the past have gathered forces and are pulling me into their world, leaving me with no power to resist...

Here's another great one:

How are you feeling when listening to this sort of music?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2012, 08:22 AM
Instructor
I've always been stuck by the ambience of this type of music. You really can feel the air, the forests, the hills ! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
May 18 2012, 09:35 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ooo! You have posted Faun! Amazing choice! I happen to love this kind of music dearly. A great group is Ehwaz. They try recreating old Nordic/Scandinavian music.

I almost forgot about my favourite group of this genre. According to Last.fm I have listened to Wardruna more than anything else in my musical library, and it doesn't surprise me.

This post has been edited by Nihilist1: May 18 2012, 09:36 AM

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2012, 07:16 PM
Instructor
Beautiful thread! I love the vibe of this music. Congrats your friend Cosmin! Her music is really nice! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 18 2012, 07:29 PM
I love this music !

Thank you for posting it ! Cosmin and Nihilist.

It comes out from deep of the soul - the cry and energy of nature .

Gives me power strange and confidence there always been and will be ....... no time it is just a passing through.

To Faun i listen when i am walking through the fields .. mean float smile.gif .

Dieter

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2012, 11:11 AM
Instructor
Thanks Gabe! Yes, yes, Dieter - it really creates a great connection with nature!

@Nihillst1 - mate, I can't thank you enough for these absolutely great melodies! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
May 19 2012, 11:27 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 19 2012, 10:11 AM) *
@Nihillst1 - mate, I can't thank you enough for these absolutely great melodies! biggrin.gif

Anytime. My mother's side of the family emigrated to the USA from Sweden, so it makes sense when people find out that I am a bit obsessed with Viking culture and nature laugh.gif

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:07 AM