> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(7.8 Pass) Amon Amarth Style, Lesson By Lian Gerbino
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [50.00%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [16.67%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 6

Gitarrero
Oct 23 2011, 01:22 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Original lesson: Amon Amarth Style by Lian Gerbino

I found this cool old lesson by Lian and gave it a shot. Recorded with Reaper, Guitar Rig 4 and my Ibanez guitar. Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 23 2011, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Wow I'm definitely seeing lots of improvements in your playing, Christian. Your picking is a lot more even and your timing is pretty much always on the nail.

Just a few issues with synching up your chord changes.. your left hand is still struggling a bit with some of those shapes smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 23 2011, 06:59 PM
Instructor
Very good, I think the timing was quite good in the take, but the problem is keeping those riffs tight. Possibly a bit more gain wouldn't hurt.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2011, 05:38 PM
GMC:er
I'm with Ben, your picking is really coming along! All those saturday's with your arm melting off at the end of the second hour of our Metal Meltdown and all of your hours of practice outside are coming together quite nicely smile.gif The vibe is again conveyed well and your recording technique is vastly improved. I'm thrilled to see you embrace Reaper and Guitar Rig which are just killer. As an aside, I've posted several "crazy gain" GR4 patches in my GR4 patch thread if you like to try them. I'm diggin the direction your new tone is heading BTW. The recordings are superior overall as is the tone. So again well done smile.gif

One thing I am noticing is your left hand fingering technique. I notice you overlapping your fingers a bit when hitting the fifth and octave from the root of the power chords. This is instinctive, and is a way to put more pressure on the strings. But makes it much harder to shift to the next position. As we often do in chat, many of these changes happen in under one beat, which means you have to "stick the landing" and having to undo your fingers from the lower power chords to hit the ones near the 5th fret will slow you down just a fraction.

If possible, experiment with flattening the third finger on your left hand to cover the octave note from the root. This is not a perfect technique/form, but can be useful when making really fast transitions as you have only two fingers to plant. It's an old death metal trick.

Mainly, it will require you to shift your hand position a bit and will stop your thumb from coming over the top which can unbalance the hand and make shifting also fractionally slower.

First and Fifth will work as power chord, using only your finger tips. Also, a way to ease changes as you can use a much lighter grip.

But if you want that spiff, dug in sound, use the pinky for the octave and third finger for the fifth, but keep keep that convention across all of the first, fifth, octave changes to keep the sound consistent and the consistency of fingering will also help speed transition.

A bunch of things to try just to see what works for your hand, approach, etc. smile.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Oct 23 2011, 08:22 AM) *
Original lesson: Amon Amarth Style by Lian Gerbino

I found this cool old lesson by Lian and gave it a shot. Recorded with Reaper, Guitar Rig 4 and my Ibanez guitar.

Christian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 24 2011, 11:16 PM
Instructor
A bit more chunk would not be bad at all smile.gif trust Ivan's advice and tighten up this take to get it on its way towards flawlessness biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 26 2011, 01:37 AM
Instructor
wow christian you are really getting good, i'm very proud of your rhythmic hand i feel like GMC made is making a very nice guitar player.

work on the tightness of your left hand, but im sure that's just practice, i think you understand what you are playing now.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 26 2011, 06:26 AM
Instructor
I think that you are in the right track. Your palm muting need a bit more fluency but the only way to achieve it is continue practising it. Try to work on other similar lessons and you'll improve your metal rhythm abilities soon. smile.gif
Your timing is good as well as your tone EQ. I would only add a bit of drive to your sound.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 30 2011, 07:16 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.8 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:24 AM