4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Funky Rock Collaboration, FINAL MIX and COMMENTS
Regarding your comments
How did you find your detailed comments?
They were really usefull and I plan to work on things mentioned [ 15 ] ** [75.00%]
They were ok nothing spectacular, I already knew that about my playing [ 1 ] ** [5.00%]
They were too critical [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I hate you [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I feel bad about my playing now [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I feel like taking my guitar and playing now [ 4 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2009, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Great collab! smile.gif Great takes everyone and very good job Pedja with the comments! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 03:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 4 2009, 03:30 PM) *
It's alright. Sorry I took so long as it normally wouldn't be the case. I thought I'd attack the collab in a different way to others with a softer tone.

I liked your approach, your ideas were really cool and tone was totally unexpected compared to all others - that was great man.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 4 2009, 03:36 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome collab and great takes everybody. It was nice and interesting to listen to all the takes in one go. Contratulations everybody !

The comments are going really deep and there is so much to learn from them. Collabs are becoming one of the strongest learning tools at GMC in my opinion and this one is a top example for it. Awesome and thank you Pedja!!

Pedja, thank you so much for your nice comments. I'm honored, really !!
In fact, i was a bit unsure and was really looking forward to hear what are your thoughts about my take. I like simple melodies, but on the other hand some jazz lines would sound interesting as well over this backing. Listening to it after a while again, i still kind of like this take and at the end it's about music and not how difficult it is. But i would like to have a bit more control over note choice and applying theory in real time. This take is an good example how i only use my ears to develop melodies and i am not completely aware about what i play ... does this makes sense?

I'm working on some of your lessons at the moment to collect some of your jazz licks and really try study your great theory explanations and hope i will be able to apply this knowledge a bit more in future.

Thank you again !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 4 2009, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 03:11 PM) *
Aw that smile.gif
I don't doubt that you improved I was just commenting on the recording thats all.

Are you doing any new SI lessons soon ?
Let me know when thats up!

Sure man, I am thinking of doing a compilation of warmup exercices I use everyday...

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 03:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 4 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Awesome collab and great takes everybody. It was nice and interesting to listen to all the takes in one go. Contratulations everybody !

The comments are going really deep and there is so much to learn from them. Collabs are becoming one of the strongest learning tools at GMC in my opinion and this one is a top example for it. Awesome and thank you Pedja!!

Pedja, thank you so much for your nice comments. I'm honored, really !!
In fact, i was a bit unsure and was really looking forward to hear what are your thoughts about my take. I like simple melodies, but on the other hand some jazz lines would sound interesting as well over this backing. Listening to it after a while again, i still kind of like this take and at the end it's about music and not how difficult it is. But i would like to have a bit more control over note choice and applying theory in real time. This take is an good example how i only use my ears to develop melodies and i am not completely aware about what i play ... does this makes sense?

I'm working on some of your lessons at the moment to collect some of your jazz licks and really try study your great theory explanations and hope i will be able to apply this knowledge a bit more in future.

Thank you again !! smile.gif

It was my pleasure to have you all in this collab and comment on your takes.
I sincerely believe that comments will be taken as motivational tool to improve even further in future.

Regarding your note choice and jazz sound... I totally agree that here you could have done some Jazz Fusion things but in order to do it in real time with improvising, your ear needs to hear it all first. That means you have to practice arpeggios, super imposing, modes, intervals, motive development and repetition (which you presented greatly in your solo) and on top of that spice everything up with chromaticism , approach patterns and outside playing!

I have been at GMC from 13th of September 2008. I wish I had recorded 50 lessons by know as you would have had reference to everything I was talking about earlier. I do promise that there will be lessons in future directly connected to questions coming from my collabs. Like lessons on different endings, approach patterns and out playing as well as time feel and phrasing.

Overall I am thankful to be here and have opportunity to interact with all of you guys as I enjoy sharing my knowledge and helping others - so comments like this really mean a lot to me.

Thank you Andy and I will see you in my next collab hopefully !

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 4 2009, 03:41 PM) *
Sure man, I am thinking of doing a compilation of warmup exercices I use everyday...

Great topic and very essential one.
I will look forward to it definitely!

Will you do video with all the examples? I hope so !

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 4 2009, 03:48 PM
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 04:46 PM) *
Great topic and very essential one.
I will look forward to it definitely!

Will you do video with all the examples? I hope so !

yeah hopefully biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 4 2009, 03:55 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 03:46 PM) *
... and I will see you in my next collab hopefully !

smile.gif .. promised !!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 03:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 4 2009, 03:55 PM) *
smile.gif .. promised !!

Excellent and until then I expect more Jazz oriented approach from you, so that I can give you some pointers with phrasing and note choice on that wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 4 2009, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 03:58 PM) *
Excellent and until then I expect more Jazz oriented approach from you, so that I can give you some pointers with phrasing and note choice on that wink.gif

.. promised as well. Now I will make my Poll choice reality, take my guitar and go practicing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 04:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 4 2009, 04:02 PM) *
.. promised as well. Now I will make my Poll choice reality, take my guitar and go practicing laugh.gif

Thats what I love to hear !
Go for it Andy
See you in 12 hours then ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 4 2009, 04:12 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 04:05 PM) *
Thats what I love to hear !
Go for it Andy
See you in 12 hours then ? smile.gif

deal !! .. you have a new collab up in 12 hours ? laugh.gif ...

You need to sleep my friend, you worked the whole night already and i surely need much more time.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 04:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 4 2009, 04:12 PM) *
deal !! .. you have a new collab up in 12 hours ? laugh.gif ...

You need to sleep my friend, you worked the whole night already and i surely need much more time.

Haha thats funny man smile.gif

6 and a half hours of sleep is more then enough for working professional !

Next collab will be in 7 to 10 days I hope. I was telling you to go and practice 12 hours now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 4 2009, 04:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Haha thats funny man smile.gif

6 and a half hours of sleep is more then enough for working professional !

Next collab will be in 7 to 10 days I hope. I was telling you to go and practice 12 hours now smile.gif

Yes, got this message smile.gif. Oh man, i would love to practice 12+ hours a day. Tomorrow starts work life again and normally i manage to get up early and practice 2-2,5 hours and on the evening/night again 2-3 hours. Thats max. possible by now, but as a hobby player it's ok i guess.

If you continue to motivate like this, i will try to add 1/2 hour on the morning and evening ... my girlfriend will kill me laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 4 2009, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Pedja? smile.gif Could you add me automatically on every list of your collabs? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Andy 5-6 hours a day is great !
Don't overdo it though - I don't want your gf hunting me in Serbia haha laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 4 2009, 04:55 PM) *
Pedja? smile.gif Could you add me automatically on every list of your collabs? biggrin.gif

Haha thats great Tolek , would love to do that but I think rules state you have to apply via forum thread - have to check with moderators of the forum smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 4 2009, 04:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
1. After you have signed up for a collaboration, take the backing track, import it into your DAW

So, I sign up for every collab you´ll be doing! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 05:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 4 2009, 04:59 PM) *
So, I sign up for every collab you´ll be doing! laugh.gif

No rules on it then ?

Fine by me smile.gif I will put you first on list for every collab in future smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 4 2009, 05:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 05:01 PM) *
No rules on it then ?

Fine by me smile.gif I will put you first on list for every collab in future smile.gif

Cool, thanks a lot. biggrin.gif I think this corresponds to the rules because I just signed up for every future collab by you.

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Jan 4 2009, 05:20 PM
Instructor
I am listening now this collab and I do not stop to listen it! Its Great!! cool.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jan 4 2009, 05:36 PM
thanks pedj! great work!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:23 AM