2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Christmas Rock Video Collaboration, FINAL MIX & COMMENTS
What kind of progress do you think participants made?
What level of progress do you feel participants showed from the last video collab?
I can't notice any progress at all [ 1 ] ** [6.67%]
I can see some progress [ 5 ] ** [33.33%]
They showed a lot of progress [ 6 ] ** [40.00%]
They showed an outstanding progress as far as I can see! [ 3 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2009, 04:26 PM
Instructor
FINAL MIX AND COMMENTS OF CHRISTMAS ROCK COLLABORATION

Well guys, during these 3 days that took me to get this job done I learned every player and every solo almost by heart. Took me around 5 hours to write the comments alone, but I think it was well worth it. I got into some fine details providing everyone with comments that I hope you will find interesting and useful.

From collab to collab there were some major improvements, and we already now have a standard GMC VIDEO COLLAB CREW, that is doing all the collabs, so we can keep tracking their progress. I'm very proud of all of you guys, since you've been making a lot of progress from the last collab, and it really shows. Going almost in note-by-note analyze on this one really got me in-depth in your soloing skills.

Many thanks to all who participated, there will be a collab for January as well of course, and feel free to post anything you want about the way I commented your takes - good or bad. I'm open for suggestions, because I'm human as well and can make mistakes. I really tried to keep things objective and because I went into details, you may find a lot of suggestions and errors that I found. We are all good enough players to undestand that every error found in our playing by others is only a suggestion to make it better, so in that sense, all the comments are here for the best of intentions.

I made a small poll, cause I wanted to see what you think about the progress that all the members showed here. I won't vote, cause I think that they all made a terrific progress in one month, so I leave you to decide! smile.gif

FINAL MIX (may not be processed yet, will be in a couple of mins! )

COMMENTS (BY THE ORDER OF UPLOAD)

OrganizedConfusion
PLAYING: Starting with a bend, and moving to the root in the B minor pentatonic box 1, then doing a couple of consecutive pinched bends on the same position, and to the root again. After that there's an interval, bended 1/4 step, and a nice sliding lick connecting the box 5 and box 1. Sounds very nice. In the second part of the solo, we have some cool lines in the box 4, followed by pinched and vibrated root, repeated onece again and then a small run again in the box 4. From that root, there's a very big nice slide, and another one, and a very cool bending lick up the neck. In the peak of the solo, we have some very cool legato licks, that go up the neck following the B minor scale, and then going to the root in the box 1 picking away every note 4 times as you go to the root. After that there are few bends in the box 1, one in the box 2 and a nice legato lick to finish off the solo effectively.
TECHNIQUE: All the techniques displayed are solid and played properly. Bending is generally good, and just need some work in order to really nail down the bended note. Usually all the bends are done a bit more than a half step, so in order to really keep them precise, more practice on them is needed. Bending technique is good in general, and so is vibrato, straight from the wrist, and bend-vibrato is done properly as well. Just need a bit more strenght in doing them, so they come out clean and precise. You legato technique is very good, and you use it often, it comes out nice, and there are some finger rolls as well, when you play the same fret on the adjacent string making sure that there is no bleed like in 0.28 Those little nuances are very cool. Picking is good, but you need a bit more practice with AP and EP runs. It doesn't matter if you don't like to play runs or not, I just think that these exercises would really improve your overall playing abilities, and you could play somethings with more ease, like those small runs and that 4 picked-notes in 0.49. You did play them with a small swing feel there, and that is cool, but I think you can achieve much better precision if you practiced more those runs. Also during those legato runs, you had some minor problems with muting, so that should be practiced in slow tempo a bit in order to really sound professional. All in all, techniques used are all in good balance, and you use them properly to make a good solo out of it, which is IMO the most important thing after all.
STRUCTURE: THe structure is usually the reflection of the players imaginaion and talent, and this structure is very good and nicely thought off. You are in the beat during the whole solo, no mistaked notes, and changing note values nicely so that there isn't any boring piece of the solo. The solo has some kind of a story, and it those slides at 0.36 are really sounding good and getting the solo to new heights in the right moment. No real mistakes in the structure, you know how to compose the solo and make it sound interesting.
ATTITUDE: Your attitude during the solo is a bit unsecure, it seemed that you really watched what you are playing and needed a bit more opened approach to the camera. That waving with your head on 0.50 tells me a bit on that, so in general I think you just need to play things without thinking what mistakes you made. Remember, sometimes good solo can have mistakes, but if it is done from the heart and really honestly throughout, the listener will appreciate that and forget about the mistakes.
VIDEO: Quality of the video is good. The shoot is generally perfect, I can see your whole figure, and this is the way it should be. If I could do something with the shot, I would:
1. move the camera more from the floor
2. tilted the cam a bit so the the horizontal line on the wall becomes horizontal
3. zoomed it just a fraction so that the guitar could be a bit more in the focus, exluding part of the legs and part of the headstock.
Lightning could be better, you need another 300W minimum from the left side (cam view) in order to really make a good brightness. That light from above is a bit weak on the camera, and it drops shadow on you and guitar body. Also the wall behind you is very good for recordings, but it would be even better if you somehow put the dryer behind you so it cannot be seen. With the dryer behind you, and another 300W halogen, you have a good quality backdrop wall for professional applications.
AUDIO: Sound is good, a bit compressed and on the verge to be buzy, but you keep it solid with your fingers and playing dynamics. I think this preset is not of good quality for someone who cannot control it, but for you it is good, since you managed to keep it in balance.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Structure alone is enough to claim this solo excellent. So remember all the things I've said about other important components of the take. It's those subtle nuances that make you a player that you are, and work on those small details. Often listener will not notice these details and analyze them like this, but he will definitely sum them up when he's trying to decide what kind of player you are. Work on every aspect of your playing, and slowly improve thise details that needs improving and it will turn out great. Videos are improving every time, and this is the best from you that I've seen so far. So keep up the great job, and it can only get better - the results are always visible, even if you don't notice them.

Velvet Roger
PLAYING: Starting off with a slide in the box 1, goind to box 2 with a slide, and another one, then again slide in the box 1, and a small lick leading you from box 1 to box 2, where you execute the whole step bend with pinky finger, nice touch. After that in the second part of the solo, there are couple of pulloffs up theneck and some sequences using the box 1 shape. Then a tapping part involing 2 different licks on the minor pentatonic. After that some cool box 1 licks, involving bends and sliding intervals at 1.30. Then there are some consecutive bends in the box 1, one of them is pinched and then in the finish you kind slide off to B Phrygian a bit and use the C on the G string which sounds a bit strange but turned out interesting.
TECHNIQUE: Interesting array of displayed techniques in the solo. I'll start with the general problem - the bends and vibrato. We all know that these two things always need some work, and here as well I wanna recommend focusing more on them. Practicing bends and vibrato will IMHO raise your playing level more than anything else and keep your other playing techniques in balance. Slides are nicely executed and fast. Tapping is good, the first lick was played very good, but in the other one there I could hear every 3rd note. Some fune tuning on that could be in order. Although that second lick didn't come out quite as nice as teh first one, I think the tapping part gave a good dimension to the solo. You picking hand needs more work, and I recommend some AP runs in order to get used to play up-down a bit. In the second part of the solo, the picking was mostly downstroked, which is good for maintaining the sound, but upstrokes should be used as well, and some practice is in order in that sense.
STRUCTURE: the structure of the solo is generally OK. I think your structural abilities are fine but you lack patterns knowledge to really support your ideas properly. I can see that you listen to the track, and play with the beat, go into the groove, and really try to play all the things you imagine, but you really need to learn the scale patterns throughout the neck. This should IMO be your number one task, and it should drastically improve your improvising abilities. There are some missed notes here and there, and you played box 1 pattern on several places on the fretboard, which tells me you are not really sure where are the notes. Just take it easy and learn the B minor pentatonic scale boxes equally well. Start with box 2, 3, 4 and 5, since you already know box 1 nicely. Player should play equally well any box he goes to, and then playing because much more enjoyable.
ATTITUDE: you have a good feel during the solo, but as I said above the thing that makes you constrained a bit is lack of scale fretboard knowledge. If you had that I think you would play with a lot more attitude. Nevertheless, you did kept it good with the things you played, just need remove that stiffness that will go away with learning the scale positions.
VIDEO: Video is good, lightning is great. Shot is good, but I would move the camera a bit to the right, so that the fretboard is more in the front. The room behind you has some clipping in the bright areas, and in general this is not a healthy recording quality, cause in all places where the white is the color information is lost, so you can't make it better in video editing. The light/reflection in front keeps a balance, but I would recommend using stronger light in front and making that wall nice and visible instad of clipped. It would look more balanced.
AUDIO: Nice and warm tone, and the preset is on the verge to be buzzy, but it's not - it turned out smooth and compressed. As always, your sound is connected to your fingers, so IMO it is better to have a simple solo where every note comes out, than to go to some difficult patterns where not all notes come out. This is in general important because of your tapping part, so try to really make every tone in the solo comes out clean and audible. This is what makes the Good Tone in the end, not the number of notes.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: You know what I think about your playing, more work on scales and on bends, and it will raise your level quite a bit. I like the way you play, good style, and some very interesting ideas, so put yourself a strong task about the things mentioned and it will definitely be a monster progress. I already see some great progress from the previous collab, involving tapping, and some cool slides, and to keep it all together, now focus on scales.

enforcer
PLAYING: Starting off with 3 very cool and effective arpeggio patterns and finishing off very interesting on G# which is in B dorian, then a couple of hammered on lines going down the neck, and again those cool sounging arpeggios, but this time finishing on the root. As a prelude to second part we have a cool tremolo lick, and a nice bend with a feel, followed by some more cool bends in the box 1. Staying in the box 1 and doing a couple of more cool runs and bends, and then a small B minor arpeggio lick. After that it's the B dorian line again and then a cool AP up the scale at 2.08. At the finishing part of the solo, there are a couple of more bends and going down horizontaly on the neck using legato.
TECHNIQUE: Displayed techniques are are good and in balance. The only thing that could be up the notch a bit are bends and particularly vibratos. They are done properly, but just need some fine tuning. Bending needs some precision and strength, and vibratos need do be more wider,and more even. AP technique is solid, I can see that you have practice some scale sequences, and not just regular up and down. This definitely gives a cool dimension to the solo. Also there isn't too much too-fast-to-be-true runs, everything is in balance, and you keep the sound clean and even. In some areas of the solo, the sound could be more clean tho, as there are some note bleeds, specially when you go horizontaly with that legato in the end.
STRUCTURE: Nicely played solo, with a good structure. The beginning is very effective and so is transition to the part two of the solo, sounds awesome. The concept of your soloing where you take one sequence and repeat it with minor alterations is working great, and it gives the solo a meaning. The good thing is that you choose cool notes to finish off those small parts, and scale knowledge is something that helps a lot there. Great to see that you are mixing dorian mode there, which makes me feel that you have the patterns nicely layed out in your mind while playing. The horizontal movements are good sign of this. All I can recommend is to keep practicing the way you do, and to be able to connect different solo components in even more natural way, so the solo flows even more fluidly. Some slide exercises can help there.
ATTITUDE: this is the solo played with some feel, no doubt. Aside that you make funny faces which is cool and it shows that you're having no restrains, I can feel that there is no tension in the way you play as well. Some parts are really coming out great, and your attitude is responsible for that.
VIDEO: Video is good, nice backing you have, it shows a musicians evironment, which always looks cool on guitar videos. The lightning of the video can be better tho, So I recommend another 300Watter in front of you to really light you up a bit. The light from above is OK, but that's about it. One light = lots of shadows, and second light serves to kill those shadows. Also the shot could be at a more straigh angle (in front of you), but I can see you and the guitar reasonably good, so it's a small detail.
AUDIO: very nice sound, smooth and it can be heard in the mix, and there is some dynamics preserved. As I said before, there are some note bleeds, so be aware of that, with lots of distortion, player must make sure that all the notes go out clean, or if there is bleed the notes get lost in the mix quite easily. In general, preset is a good lead preset, and I like the sound of the guitar.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: when summed up, you leave the impression of a great player. This is mainly because of your approach and attitude to playing. Playing sincerely, without too many restrains, and with a smile will always leave good impression, even if you miss a note here or there. For teh audience, this is what matters, and so even this solo is not among the fastet ones it is definitely among the most effective and memberable ones.

chast
PLAYING: starting off with a nice slow slide from bellow, and vibrating the F#. After that there is a small AP sequence in the box 1, and the some cool strumming while muting with the left hand. In the second part there's the tapped arpeggio,followed by some cool vibrated bends, and then 3 sweep licks. After that there is a slide on the root, bend, and then a nice legato sequence on the box 1. After that sequence there are two cool bends, and powerchords in the end of the piece.
TECHNIQUE: you displayed several cool techniques, but some of them need a bit of work. Let's start with bends and vibratos. They need more work and practice, since on some parts you created a bad habit of vibrating with fingers instead of wrist. The vibrato and bend goes always from the wrist, so a bit more practice on that should really make the soloing even better. Tapping lick is good, but goes out of beat in the second part, and sweeps are OK, all the notes are there, but they are off beat as well, so you gotta play them with the track. IMO, you could play some simpler tap and sweep licks and still make it sound better than this, cause the off beat notes are not sounding good in the solo, no matter what the situation is. However this is not a big problem since you already play these techniques very good, a couple of days of focused practice will make it sound perfect.
STRUCTURE: Structure of the solo is reasonably good and nicely made, but those off beat notes spoil the structure a bit. Solo has a nice flow and various techniques applied ensure that it is interesting from beginning to end. With some more practicing your solo can become more fluid and in beat and this will really make it sound good. I recommend practicing how to connect different sweep and tap licks in a more natural way so that they don't sound in a lick-by-lick kind of way. Some slides or sequences to connect the licks would make wonders here.
ATTITUDE: played with some degree of feel, but my impression is that you really watched out what you are gonna play next in some areas, so this makes you stiffed up a bit. Try relaxing as much as you can while playing, and don't think about too much about fancy licks, just play whatever is natural to you. As always it's not the number of notes, it's the way you play them. If they are clean - it will sound great, it always does.
VIDEO: two light sources helped this video a lot, and it could be better perhaps if you put the light from bellow a bit to the front (cam view) of you, cause the light from the left is creating a shadow on the body of the guitar area. One thing is not clear to me - why is the image mirrored verticaly? I don't see any particular reason why this should be, it seems like you're a lefty here, so next time try to adjust the video se that it looks right. Also, putting the camera a bit more in front of you cause this could make a more natural shot on the fretboard.
AUDIO: Nice smooth lead tone, a bit lacking in presence and mids, but good overall sound, sounds modern.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: You have the good array of techniques at your disposal, you just need to work a bit on controlling them in the right way. Making a fluid solo that is in beat is a crusial task that you should be focused on IMO. Some colo composing, and practicing a bit with a metronome to get those difficult taps and sweeps down will make your soloing even better.

Toroso
PLAYING: starting with solid vibrated root, and then another cool bending lick in the box 1, this time vibrating the D. Again the similar lick but this time with alternet second part. The a prelude to second part involving some hammeron/pulloff lines. In the second part we have quarter note picks across the scale, and then some eight note triplets again across the scale in different position and a vibrated note in the end. After that, there are some cool hammered on licks, and using that technique while going horizontaly, and staying in box 2 for some more hammeron/pulloffs. For the end, we have some more hammeron/pullofs up the neck, again using horizontal movements, and in the end coming back to the root nicely.
TECHNIQUE: definitely a noticeable progress here on several fields of playing. First of all, vibratos are more natural, specially downward movement with the ring finger, which now doesn't almost require the support of the thumb - which is a good sign. Definitely an approach and direction that other fingers should follow in the future. Second good thing are more fluid neck movements, this time covering longer distances horizontaly, which is always a sign that a player has been practicing scale patterns a bit. Those AP eight triplets are also a new thing, and keep them practicing - they certainly add a new dimension to the solo, and make it more fun. There are a lot of hammered on/pulled off patterns that are repeating in different positions which is good, but I suggest making some small variations of that pattern. WIth 3 notes there are several patterns that can be played, and if you combine 2 of them it would sound even better than 1. Again, these small hammeron/pullof lines are also a new thing and I consider them a good progress, in relation to previous collabs. I'm very pleased to see that you are advancing in such a fast pace, keep it up man.
STRUCTURE: Structure is very good, good concept with paired sequences but with small alterations on the second one.
ATTITUDE: the degree of confidence has jumped a bit from the previous collabs due to practice. Again, there is a bit of stiffness while playing, but you kinda relaxed in the second part, specially with that (now already a signature smile.gif ) head movement while bending. all in all, good, but could use a bit more expression IMHO. It's a matter of personal preference, of course.
VIDEO: Video is, as always - excellent. Great brightness balance, contrast, and professional looking backdrop. If there is one thing that I would change it would be to zoom up the shot to remove those empty backdrop areas to the right and above. I love the Santa hat, looks awesome, very cool idea! smile.gif
AUDIO: Sound is good, but a bit buzzy. I think with a bit less distortion it could sound better. Some preset tweaking couldn't hurt. Nevertheless all the notes come out nice and clean with ocassional bleeds.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: I'm very pleased to see that you are really focusing on things that you need to work on, and the results are slowly but firmly starting to show. Well balanced solo, with a lot of new stuff incorporated is sounding pretty solid, so just continue to improve and it can only sound better and better.

kaznie_NL
PLAYING: starting with box 1 and going to root, slightly vibrating it, then doing a small bending lick, followed by a couple of notes and big slide down and up. Then we have another lick, similar to the one in the beginning, and preparing to the second part of the solo, doing a small slide upwards, and then a cool run in the box 2. coming up again in the box to, to do some more nice bending licks. After that, it's the box 3, then box 4 and in the end box 5, where you picked AP between A and B nicely on the high E string, and got into the zone. After that there are some cool bends up there as well, and finishing off the solo in a good manner, going down the scale in the box 5.
TECHNIQUE: Techniques are very good, lots of improvement as before, this time you really know your positions much better, you transfer then nicely. Bends and vibratos need some more work, if you check out those last couple of bends you will notice that they are not even. Every bend should be precisely in pitch and equal in speed with adjacent one. Also when you bend one, it is good to return to the main note, and then bend again and so on. This can sound like a minor detail but it would make a worlds difference I'm sure. Vibrato is done nicely, just needs to be a bit more wider. AP technique is much better, and I can see some cool runs up and down already. This sure is a major improvement and I can see that you practiced pentatonic patterns.
STRUCTURE: There is a good structural balance in your solo. It starts slow, and down in the box 1, and you climb it to box 5, where you finish off in the end. In the middle there are those cool runs and all in all I think you made pretty balanced structure. In the first part I would like to see more fluidness, but later you connected the notes nicely, and it sounded good.
ATTITUDE: Every time with more and more confidence, that is very good. When you play, you leave impression that you know exactly what you're doing, so this is good. You got into the zone up there on the box 5 with those bends so this is a good sign. It's always good to see someone enjoy his playing, so keep rockin.
VIDEO: Video quality is not bad, but there are couple of things that could be better:
1. try to put camera in front of you, so that the whole guitar is visible
2. get additional light from the right side (cam view)
AUDIO: Your sound is a bit raw, but it sure pierce through the mix. I personally don't like this kind of crunchy preset but if you like it I think you should definitely stick with it. It's slowly becoming your trademark, so I can only recommend to you to tweak the preset a bit and try to make a bit more softer and smoother tone. I don't mean to change it a whole lot, but just a fraction, so it sounds a bit smoother in the mix.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Great progress in this collab as well Kaz, and you are slowly starting to grasp that pentatonic pattern in your head. It is all starting to make sense now, and I can only say that you did some great steps, when I listen to your takes 3-4 collabs before. So keep rockin and learn well all those pentatonic boxes, specially the bass note areas, and keep doign those pentatonic runs, they sure sound good.

Smells
PLAYING: Starting great, with a cool bluesy lick, and some great double half step bends, vibratin the root, and going to box 5, followed by a cool whammy lick. After that, the same theme from the beginning, but this time going to a cool fast AP lick. In the second part, there is again AP circular lick in the box 2 and finishing off on the root. After that, there is a small sweep, followed by a bend, and going down and up the scale at a fast pace using AP. In the end, there is a cool finishing run following the box 1 pattern, but up the neck in a blues manner, very effective.
TECHNIQUE: Vibrato and bendings are two thing you don't need to be concerned about at all - they are great. Nicely executed, wide, and played with ease. AP technique needs some fine tuning, specially the right hand, in order to really pick the notes evenly and that every note comes out nicely. The sweep you did in the solo is good, better than AP runs IMO, I could hear all the notes nicely. Also whammy lick from the beginning was very nicely controlled. As I said, the only thing that I would like to see is better AP control on the notes, so that each and every one rings out nicely on all the runs.
STRUCTURE: Intro is very good, has a very cool structure, same theme repeating twice, with a modification in the second one, in the second part there are many fast runs, and they are all in tempo and following tune, but need some work in order to sound just right, and that every note is in proper place. Doing more simple licks and bends between the runs made it sound more interesting, so here I have only one suggestion and that is to make the runs a bit simpler and effective so that they are balanced with one another.
ATTITUDE: You are confident in your playing, and it shows, everything is played with a great feel, and good dynamics. this is the kind of attitude the solo should have, nice and fast, with a lot of interesting techniques. This makes the solo flashy and cool to listen.
VIDEO: This is the only video that is done in wide format so I compliment this. Because of the rest of the videos were 4:3, I had to shrink it, but IMO it would be best if all made wide videos cause they are suitable for guitar display. Angle is right, and shot could be a bit wider so that the whole fretboard is displayed, but it's a minor detail, and not needed in general because I can see all that you play very clearly. Lightning is on the verge of being great, it just needs a bit of more light, but it is definitely well balanced brightness and it's a healthy image. Background is almost clear, so it looks pretty proffessional. If you somehow remove the bed at the back or mask it, I think this video would be really excellent and ready for professional application.
AUDIO: Great lead tone, lots of drive, but sounds smooth and nice. The only thing that spoils the sound a bit are the notes that are not coming out during very fast runs, or coming out unevenly because of the picking.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: All in all, solo is excellent, fast and furious, with a lot of different techniques displayed. You're progressing more and more every time and this time it is safe to say that you are great player, but need to make a balance when playing. Less notes - more clarity, or more practice - bigger clarity. I would focus more on the AP runs and picking techniqe, and really make those runs even. With some practice on the runs this would be a real professional material.

superize
PLAYING: Starting using some cool horizontal lines to create melodies which already is your signature style. COuple of these cool melodic lines, followed by a small AP run down the scale at 5.14. After that a second part where we have some more very cool melodic lines, a small run, bending lick, and another AP run at 5.34. holding on just a moment in box 1, and then doing a cool sweeped arpeggion to finish off the solo nicely.
TECHNIQUE: I can see some drastic improvements in this one. First of all you AP technique has come a long way since previous collabs. Now you do these runs very precisely, and I can see that you practiced them. Even when you play your signature horizontal lines, I can still see that you use a lot more AP moves than before, which is a good sign. Bends are also a lot better, and now are very much in pitch, just need some fine tuning to make them a bit faster. There are couple of things that I noticed could be better, and those are vibrato, and sweeps. Since now you advanced great with AP runs, it would be very very cool to make a fine balance with some vibrato technique and a bit of fine tuning that sweep arpeggios. This would increase the expressivnes of the solo a lot.
STRUCTURE: Structure is very good during the whole solo, I would say relatively simple one, but very effective and memorable. You have the ability of making great melodic horizontal passages, and after listening the solo couple of times I already remembered the melody. A bit more work on connecting different components of the solo would make it sound better IMO, so when you go from melodic passages to AP runs for example, try to connect them in a more natural way, so they blend into one another. This would make the soloing even better.
ATTITUDE: You attitude has improved because of the practice and new techniques you use - it is clearly visible. The only thing that kinda spoils the impression is the way you play those AP runs, it seems that you're struggling a bit, but I have no doubts that in some time you will play them more natuarally, and that they will become second nature, like those melodic lines.
VIDEO: With the new light added, it's already a big improvement from the last video. Now I can see you clearly, and the guitar as well. Possibly you could modify the shot so that the whole fretboard is visible. I would say this first light is a big first step, and woudl recommend even more lights to really add brightness to the whole shot. This light throws a round spot on you, and the siluethe is blurred a bit on the edges, but since there is no backdrop in the back it's a smart move. If you have another lamp, possibly try to experiment with putting one lamp behind you on the floor pointing up, so that it marks your figure sharply.
AUDIO: Sound is very good, not a lot of drive, but enough if you ask me, and you control it well because you pick the strings very precise and even. It cuts great through the mix as well.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Very memorable solo, with a lot of new elements added gives a great impression of a player who has been practicing. AP runs, bends. great horizontal passages that are becoming better and better, cool lightning are all the things you managed to implement naturally in your playing over the period of one month! It's a great progress. Only things that I would advise to practice are those vibratos, and sweeping arpeggios in all positions.

leebreak
PLAYING: starting off up the neck in the box 4 with a nice melodic line involving bend, and then doing some nice AP sequences staying in the same position, all the way through the second part of the solo. In the second part there are some cool structured melodic lines again using AP in the box 4, and then moving down to box 1 at 6.07. After that, there are couple of picks on the root in box 1, and moving up to box 3 to do some more cool AP lines, all the way through the end, where you transfer to box 1 again and go down to the root nicely for the end.
TECHNIQUE: AP technique used durign the solo is very good, it shows that you practiced AP exercises a lot and in different positions. I like the way you transfer to several positions during the solo while playing which tells me you know your scales. There are few bends in the solo, maybe because of the style you do, but I would sure like to see them more to spice up the playing a bit. Bends and vibratos needs some more work, so I would focus on that, since AP is generally good. Rhtyhmicaly, you did play it nicely, and I can see that you know how certain notes sound on the fretboard, so you play those small call/response licks trying to develop a melody, which is a good sign of knowing the scales. About note durations, there are a lot of eight note triplets in the solo, so I recommend using quarter or eight note sequences here and there to make it more interesting.
STRUCTURE: There is certain amount of structural playing in this solo that is expressed in those cool call/response licks that you do when you build small melodic runs. This is clearly audible in the second part of the solo. Nevertheless, I think the solo needs a bit more components in order to make it even more interesting. Going for bend here and there, slowing up in the start of the solo, and then speeding up for the end are some general ideas from me. Even the simple sustained note could mean a lot from time to time, for example between those cool mini themes.
ATTITUDE: Although there are some notes that are not perfect here and there you leave the impression that you enjoy your playing and know exactly what you're doing. I like the fast that you play, listen to the track, and listen to what YOU play which is very important.
VIDEO: Video is good, nice angle on the guitar, perhaps a bit wider shot could be even better. Also additional light in front could make wonders.
AUDIO: your sound is very nice, good lead tone, not buzzy, nice and smooth. The sound could be even better with slightly less distortion IMO, every note would come out very defined. There are some note bleeds here and there that spoil the overall sound impression, but nothing big.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Good scale knowledge, and good AP technique. These are the things that you should not be concerned about. Bending and vibrato techniques would give your playing a lot more expressivnes so I would recommend focusing on that for a few weeks. This is generaly the time that is needed to balance all the techniques down.

Caelumamittendum
PLAYING: Starting from a ghost slide from above, vibrating the root on the B string, and then another slide from bellow and another vibrated note, followed by a cool whammy lick. After that another alterned whammy lick and going into the second part with fast legato lick and vibrated bend. Staying a bit in box 1 and then moving up the neck to execute a fast and furious tapping/legato lick all the way down to the root on the second fret. After that climbing your way up to the box 1 again, and doing another cool long tapping legato lick all the way to the end.
TECHNIQUE: You show various techniques displayed here, and most of them are in a good balance with one another. Vibrato and bends are very good, and could use just little bit more exercise to make them sound even more secure. Tapping and legato are very good as well, nice and fast, and need a bit more practice to achieve better precision and really play all the notes in the beat. Taking the time to exercise with metronome those tapping and legato runs, and analyze what note goes where would make them sound awesome indeed. There isn't much AP, I think you like legato technique more, but IMO you should focus a bit on AP sequences. You don't have to use AP runs in your playing, but it will give you a better overall playing ability and good flexibility when changing strings.
STRUCTURE: Structure is pretty good - nice slow expressive start, there are couple of notes that are off the key a bit, but nothing big, then moving to the second part to do those 2 cool tap/legato runs, and in between then some nice pentatonic licks that keep the structure together. I would say it's a good concept for a solo but just need to get those note values down and analyze them, so every note is in it's proper place in tempo.
ATTITUDE: A bit uncertain in beginning, but in the second part you kinda let yourself go, and played out. With that first tap/legato you got your confidence back, and it showed so you continued that path till the end.
VIDEO: The shot angle and size is very good, I can see your whole figure and the guitar properly. The back of the shot is nice as well, showing the musicians environment which can always be a good thing if you don't use a backdrop. Picture is a bit blured, and it lacks lightning. The one light from above is casting a lot of shadows, and giving the image a yellowish look. You need one more string light in front of you, and that would make a world difference.
AUDIO: nice and smooth tone is good for your legato playing. Although there is a lot of drive it doesn't sound buzzy at all, so I'd say it's a nice lead tone. Watch out for those note bleeds tho, cause they can spoil the sound pretty fast if note controlled, specially on legato.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Very nice array of techniques, and cool legato style. You seemed to play a lot of these stuff in you freetime, not just during practice. If you want to be able to have full control with those legato parts, break them down into smaller pieces and play with metronome. I think this exercise will make your playing sound very professional.

Gus
PLAYING: Starting off with some cool bendings in the box 1, and staying in that position for some more pentatonic lines. Going down, for a second in box 5 and again going up in box 1, using AP. In the second part you play a couple of lines in the box 2, and then going to box 3 for that cool repetitive lick at 7.26. followed by a small sequence downwards in the same position. For a second you went left to box 2, then a small slide, and finishing off the solo in box 1, where you did some cool repetitive licks, and nice bends at 7.38. and then going downwards to the root on the low E string.
TECHNIQUE: AP techniques is something you use a lot, and I think you are controlling it pretty well. At 7.26 you kinda went out of beat, and this is the only AP mistake I could hear in the solo. The problem was with the picking hand when changing strings, you kinda skipped a movement and got confused for a second, but made a fast recovery. Bends and vibratos need more workouts, bends in the beginning are pretty good, just need to be a bit stronger, and precisely in pitch. With vibratos it's the same story - very good, and properly done, but just need some more fine tuning to make them sound even and precise.
STRUCTURE: Structure of the solo is OK, and you follow the track nicely. I would recommend working more on connecting different AP components that you did to make the solo more fluid, but the overall concept is fine. Inserting slides here and there, and arpeggiated lines to connect those AP sequences would make a big difference, so this is my suggestion for future practice.
ATTITUDE: it seems to me that you need to be a bit more secure when playing. Try to relax a bit and don't think what you're gonna play next, even if you play some wrong notes. It's OK to make a sincere mistake, and go with it if you got into the groove like with that 7.26 line, than to be careful so much that you miss the fun of it.
VIDEO: I can see some drastic improvements in the video from previous times here! Looks more like a professional shooting place now. The light is good, and the shot as well. You could zoom in a bit so that there is not blank space on the left and above you. The Video itself is a bit blurred, but the main problem I see in this shot is exposure. It's too big. Try adjusting the cam exposure to smaller value so that there are no clipped white areas. For example, I can't see the edges of your guitar properly - because of the exposure that information is lost and everything is clipped to white. With these minor adjustments that I recommend it will look pro.
AUDIO: Overall good sound, nice and clean picking, and muting as well. THere are some note bleeds here and there so watch out for muting when exercising. I think reverb is a bit too much for the track, but if you like it and it is the part of your sound it's OK then.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: You are trying to make it look professional which is very good. Slowly but firmly you leave the impression of a good player ready to record himself in a proper way. A bit more practice on slides, bendings, and arpeggios would move your playing level by a notch, so as I said I recommend putting some of these exercises in your daily routines and see how it works.

Tolek
PLAYING: Starting sharply in the box 1, vibrating the root, then doing a sharp cool bend, and again on the root. After that there is a small half step bend on Dorian note, and doing a small eight note triplet bluesy line down the box 1. In the second part you start heavily with a cool long tapping lick, bend the B string to the root on the 12th fret, and tap the string while bended. Nice touch. After that there is a small legato sequence, and going down again to the box on to do a cool double bend, strumming in fast with your picking hand, and going down to the root in box 1 position. For the end we have a fast AP run until the end of the solo, to finish off effectively.
TECHNIQUE: wide array of techniques are displayed, and they all need some work. Bending is sharp and good in general, but vibrato is not always done from the wrist, which is a bad habit that needs more work. A couple of weeks and you will play it perfectly IMO. As far as tapping and AP runs goes, you are running way to fast to be able to control that much notes, so not all of them ring out clearly or evenly, and there's a lot of noise aside. In order to really control them, practice these runs and be patient and careful when you play them. sometimes the same run, played in quarter notes in this kind of (140bpm) track will sound more effective IF clean, than quarter triplets played unclean.
STRUCTURE: Structure of the solo is very good, you started great and with expressive melodic lines, I specially liked the dorina flavor. Later on the concept remained great, as you stacked components nicely up to the end to make it sound effective.
ATTITUDE: You play with a lot of attitude here, and I think you are pretty convinced in the stuff you play. I would only suggest better control of your playing in order to really sound right, cause real attitude comes from there.
VIDEO: Video shoot is very good, but I would prefer to be a bit wider in general. The light from the right is good, but I think another one from the left would be perfect. Backdrop is pretty interesting as well, but try to remove those black edges to make it look professional.
AUDIO: This sound is something that you should really work with more and experiment with presets. The preset sounded too quiet and compressed, there were no dynamics. Too much distortion in the preset made it sound like this. When you record something be aware of the fact that it will always sound more distorted and compressed in the mix, so try to make a preset with less drive and use that one to cut through the mix, and maybe later compress it if you like to. Dynamics in the signal must be preserved a bit or you loose a lot of signal information. Also mids are scooped and all that is left is a bit of presence at 7000-8000Hz which is not enough to cut through all the time and will only leave sharp piercing sounds on the high notes.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: I think you have a good technical ability in overal, but just trying to much to play too fast at the moment. I suggest take some time really nailing down those fast runs to play them exactly in tempo. Slow them down, and break them into pieces, and they will sound much more effective. There's no need to rush things if you can't hear every note - that is always the general rule in playing.

kjutte
PLAYING: Starting off heavily with a nice vi-I-ii powerchord progression, palm muting a bit, and then another powerchord line, same as before, but this time coming to the box 1 and doing some cool&fast melodic lines. After that there is a cool tapping lick, and a AP run downwards in box 1. After that there's another fast run, this time upwards, and ultra fast sweeps up the neck, followed by a vibrated bend, and in the end a cool arpeggio sequence, finishing on the root nicely.
TECHNIQUE: You show a lot of different techniques in this solo, which is very good and gives the impression of a well rounded player. However, these techniques need some more work because not all notes go out clearly. I undestant that is the part of your style and influences to play fast, and this is cool, but playing fast with not too many control can possibly lead you in the wrong direction. Precision comes before speed, so be weary of that when practicing these fast runs. Tappings turned out very good, and almost all the notes popped out, but those AP runs and sweeps lack definition, and there's a lot of noise. Approach with those exercises with more focus on muting and gradually increase speed. Let it come to yuo naturally and don't push it. Bends are good, but need to be precisely in pitch, and vibratos are strong and wide, but need to be more even.
STRUCTURE: There are several components stacked together in this solo in a good way, but you need to work on creating a nice fluid solo, so it doesn't sound lick-by-lick. Try to connect several fast runs or tapping licks with slower melodic passages and it will sound much better.
ATTITUDE: You played all the stuff with a lot of confidence, and rushed a lot, even when you didn't have control throughout the solo. The thing that is positive is that you wanna play fast, and just letting your self go no matter the mistakes. It's you and part of your style so nice to see that you are on that path, just need to work a bit on those techniques.
VIDEO: Video angle is good, but it would be good to see a more straight angle on the fretboard. Also I suggest getting another light in there so that the fretboard is even in brightness.
AUDIO: The sound is not great, it could be better IMO. It was a bit quiet when I got it, so I had to amplify it quite a bit in order to be heard on the track. Try adjusting the input on your sound card so that the signal that comes in is nice and strong. This will preserve the sound as well. Another thing that could be better is dynamics - the sound is too compressed so a lot of information is lost. Good thing is the preset is smoooth and not buzzy even with this much drive.
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Good playing, fast playing, but little control on the fast parts. Need to work on them cause I can see a lot of potential in all those licks. Those are all great ideas, and just need some practice with metronome in order to achieve better precision. ALl in all good array of different techniques, and if it were slower and more defined I would definitely say it was better - even if it had less notes.

Happy New Year! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 4 2009, 04:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome comments Ivan! Thanks a lot. smile.gif I can´t wait for the final mix which is being processed. smile.gif

As for my not clean playing: you said I have to sit down and practise those fast runs. The problem is that I had only a few hours or minutes left before handing my take in. biggrin.gif Otherwise, it would have sounded much better. smile.gif Your hints about tone should help, I´ll try that in the next collab. As you know, I´m pretty new to recording (I got my POD Studio for Christmas and I still don´t have good/enough lights), so every critique is welcome.

Thanks a lot, mate! smile.gif I can´t wait for the next collab.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 4 2009, 04:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yay! Jesus, that's quite somem comments, Thanks Ivan!! you Rock!

UPDATE: Thanks for the tips Ivan! I already know the pentatonic for about a year, but to really use it fluidly is quite hard! Can I pre-sign for the next collab, I don't want to beg you again, giving you the trouble I did wink.gif Ow, and it's not I like harsh sounds, I just don't know what I'm doing with the sound wink.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jan 4 2009, 04:47 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2009, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Thanks Tolek mate. I understand you played the take in the last moment, so everything is cool. I just commented on what I hear atm. We are here to help each other, so I hope you will find the things said useful. Cheers mate! smile.gif

QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jan 4 2009, 04:41 PM) *
Yay! Jesus, that's quite somem comments, Thanks Ivan!! you Rock!

Thanks Kaz mate, you rock as well! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jan 4 2009, 04:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 4 2009, 04:43 PM) *
Thanks Tolek mate. I understand you played the take in the last moment, so everything is cool. I just commented on what I hear atm. We are here to help each other, so I hope you will find the things said useful. Cheers mate! smile.gif

Of course, Ivan! biggrin.gif That was no offense, just the state of affairs. smile.gif You rock. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2009, 04:47 PM
Instructor
You rock as well mate! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 4 2009, 05:03 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Many thanks for your in-depth comments.

I certainly know that I have to work a lot on all the things mentioned. One of the things what I wasn't happy with myself after I recorded my take was that I played mainly in box 1, whilst I definitely know the others already ... somehow I still came back to box 1 all time time (probably because I like the sound as well in this case smile.gif). What I find also frustrating in a way is that I tend to shift more between different patterns when improvising using full minor scales instead of the pentatonic one (but that's probably due to the fact that I learned minor/major first before going to pentatonic a while ago (yes I know this is strange tongue.gif).

Anyways, am working on fretboard knowledge every single day (as I need to jam a lot with my band currently and luckily I see a slow but steady improvement smile.gif. Besides that I am focussing a lot on David Gilmour solo's the last week, in order to improve bending and doing several AP excersises.

The best thing of all is that I can see myself improving a lot the last 2 months on many aspects (still a very long way to go), which is highly motivational to continue, and these video collabs certainly contribute to this.

Again many thanks!

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jan 4 2009, 05:15 PM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 4 2009, 05:05 PM
GMC:er
Thanks for the comments and collab Ivan. I know I really struggle with AP and EP. It really annoys me as I've been practicing it forever and I never seem to improve. I know what I'm doing with solo writing but I I struggle to play as good as my ideas allow. sad.gif

I will continue with practicing though and being involved in future collabs and competitions smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 4 2009, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 4 2009, 05:03 PM) *
Many thanks for your in-depth comments.

I certainly know that I have to work a lot on all the things mentioned. One of the things what I wasn't happy with myself after I recorded my take was that I played mainly in box 1, whilst I definitely know the others already ... somehow I still came back to box 1 all time time (probably because I like the sound as well in this case smile.gif). What I find also frustrating in a way is that I tend to shift more between different patterns when improvising using full minor scales instead of the pentatonic one (but that's probably due to the fact that I learned minor/major first before going to pentatonic a while ago (yes I know this is strange tongue.gif).

Anyways, am working on fretboard knowledge every single day and luckily I see a steady improvement smile.gif. Besides that I am focussing a lot on David Gilmour solo's the last week, in order to improve bending and doing several AP excersises.

Again many thanks!

Don't worry, going often on basic box 1 positions is a common thing, even for awesome guitar players. Just keep doing the stuff you are usually not going to that often, and it will all come together pretty fast. Keep rockin mate! smile.gif

QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 4 2009, 05:05 PM) *
Thanks for the comments and collab Ivan. I know I really struggle with AP and EP. It really annoys me as I've been practicing it forever and I never seem to improve. I know what I'm doing with solo writing but I I struggle to play as good as my ideas allow. sad.gif

I will continue with practicing though and being involved in future collabs and competitions smile.gif

Chear up mate, it's definitely not that bad! smile.gif Your playing was awesome, and I will be very happy to see you on future collabs. Keep practicing AP and EP and it will show definitely. Just have to be patient a bit, like with everything else! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 4 2009, 05:21 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 4 2009, 05:11 PM) *
Don't worry, going often on basic box 1 positions is a common thing, even for awesome guitar players. Just keep doing the stuff you are usually not going to that often, and it will all come together pretty fast. Keep rockin mate! smile.gif

That makes me happy again tongue.gif .

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 4 2009, 05:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the comments, Ivan. Haven't read it all properly, as I'm doing something else at the moment. The first notes, which are a bit off key (though still in the B blues scale) was on purpose, meaning I was aware of it, but obviously not the best choice of notes, but I felt it would be a bit more unique, I geuss tongue.gif

Will read more later on. smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 4 2009, 05:39 PM
Instructor
Some very cool takes in this collaborations.
Interesting poll addition Ivan smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toroso
Jan 4 2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the comment and collab Ivan! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, I was afraid I had gone a little nuts with the hammer/pulls. I'll look for some variation there.

As for tone, I'm still getting used to the EMG's mellow.gif But in the end it could have been a little cleaner.

More work to do! Thanks again! smile.gif

--------------------
Live well, and live often!

+Quote Post
chast
Jan 4 2009, 10:03 PM
Learning Roadie
Wow, some long comments here, Ivan smile.gif
I noticed this offbeat notes aswell, but it was after I posted the take laugh.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 4 2009, 10:27 PM
Ivan, seriously, I am speechless. You are a great Instructor and a great observer. Really words escape me. Thank you, this was the greatest chrismas present this year for me... biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 4 2009, 11:17 PM
Simply loved being a part of another Ivan collab. I was thinking as I wrote mine about the things you told be to work on the last time. I also thought about what you might say this time, as I wrote. That alone drives me to play better.

Thanks for your time and comments, top notch. smile.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 5 2009, 12:49 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Really cool collab, great job everyone smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2009, 01:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 4 2009, 05:32 PM) *
Thanks for the comments, Ivan. Haven't read it all properly, as I'm doing something else at the moment. The first notes, which are a bit off key (though still in the B blues scale) was on purpose, meaning I was aware of it, but obviously not the best choice of notes, but I felt it would be a bit more unique, I geuss tongue.gif

Will read more later on. smile.gif

In that sense mate, it is good to experiment with different notes and voicings, and I'm glad you did. The notes did make the solo stand out so it has a positive side to it.

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jan 4 2009, 05:39 PM) *
Some very cool takes in this collaborations.
Interesting poll addition Ivan smile.gif

Thanks a lot mate, I'm pleased that you like the collab and poll. All the takes were really great, I agree.

QUOTE (Toroso @ Jan 4 2009, 05:46 PM) *
Thanks for the comment and collab Ivan! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, I was afraid I had gone a little nuts with the hammer/pulls. I'll look for some variation there.

As for tone, I'm still getting used to the EMG's mellow.gif But in the end it could have been a little cleaner.

More work to do! Thanks again! smile.gif

No fear mate, the take was great, and progress is clearly visible. Regarding tone, it's understandable that you are still getting to know the new EMG's, so take your time and experiment.

QUOTE (chast @ Jan 4 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Wow, some long comments here, Ivan smile.gif
I noticed this offbeat notes aswell, but it was after I posted the take laugh.gif

I'm glad you like it mate. Keep rockin smile.gif

QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 4 2009, 10:27 PM) *
Ivan, seriously, I am speechless. You are a great Instructor and a great observer. Really words escape me. Thank you, this was the greatest chrismas present this year for me... biggrin.gif

Thank you so kindly mate, very nice of you to say that. smile.gif

QUOTE (leedbreak @ Jan 4 2009, 11:17 PM) *
Simply loved being a part of another Ivan collab. I was thinking as I wrote mine about the things you told be to work on the last time. I also thought about what you might say this time, as I wrote. That alone drives me to play better.

Thanks for your time and comments, top notch. smile.gif

Thanks a lot mate, very kind of you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 5 2009, 07:43 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
wow Ivan!! awesome feedback for everyone!

Spot on with the comments, I was having a weird phase whilst doing this collab where nothing seemed to go right, one of those "I suck" moments laugh.gif

I`ll work on the AP for sure, again, brilliant constructive comments mate, thank you for the time you have put into this, simply awesome! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 5 2009, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Thanks a lot Chris, it was a pleasure to have you on the collab mate smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 PM