3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Dealing With Negativity And Critics
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 16 2013, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 15 2013, 08:15 PM) *
Yes guys, I will try to learn from Bruce Lee wisdom: "Be water my friend" wink.gif

Ah.. the famous nunchaku ping pong match biggrin.gif That is indeed a sight to behold!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 16 2013, 08:43 AM
Instructor
This would be a good time to remind you all of this old book: Zen Guitar

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=35499

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 16 2013, 03:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 16 2013, 07:43 AM) *
This would be a good time to remind you all of this old book: Zen Guitar

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=35499

I didn't know about this book but you made me very curious. I will buy this book smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2013, 07:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Sep 16 2013, 02:34 PM) *
I didn't know about this book but you made me very curious. I will buy this book smile.gif

You should get it! I received it for Christmas last year and it was one of the greatest gifts I ever got biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 18 2013, 06:06 AM
GMC:er
That happens to nearly everyone at some point smile.gif Don't let it get you down. Instead, use it, hold on to it. Let it fuel your fire to practice, practice, practice!!! As time goes by, the good and band will impact you a pinch less. But it can be really hard at first to spend so much time and then get a crap review. I hear ya. sad.gif But again, push through it, the next time, you'll be better smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (timrobwall @ Feb 3 2013, 04:16 PM) *
We played a great dance gig on Friday night where the band seemed to be playing really well. Audience reaction was great. But in a newspaper story on the event the next day, someone commented: "the band, apart from the lead guitar, was together and in-sync." Of course, who is the lead guitar? You guessed it. That just killed me. I don't know who this person is, what they know about music, etc., etc.. But I have to confess it hurt my always fragile guitar ego -- got into my head. Anyway, it got me thinking: has something like this happened to any of you? What do you do with it? Perspectives appreciated. Thanks.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 18 2013, 08:28 AM
Instructor
The idea is that you can't make everybody happy, so just be bold, practice, write music and do your thing as best as you can at every moment in your evolution. Nothing else matters .. as James and the crew would say biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:07 PM