Songwriting Motivation
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 23 2019, 01:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
So, for more than a year I haven't really written any songs (besides the riffs for the Metallica collaboration). I wrote a few Danish songs about a year ago, but nothing in the style I really like; progressive metal. I feel like I've lost my mojo, my motivation and it feels as if every idea I come up with is a bad one, which I then end up deleting again. The ideas I come up with doesn't feel original or like my own style, or rather, I can't find my own personal style again. I felt with Celestial Voyage that I had found some niche genre and style that I liked and that I felt comfortable with. I was even in a good place in my head in terms of song writing where I accepted any idea as something that could potentially be used. But that's a long time ago no that I wrote that, and I've lost that spark and lost touch with that.

What do you do in regards to writing your own material when you lose motivation?

I know some obvious answers are: "Listen to your favorite band, analyze their songs" or "listen to something completely new", but what else have you got for advice? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:04 PM