Good Day From The Us&a :d
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 4 2008, 01:29 AM
GMC:er
Hi, I'm sending this message with my new Macbook that I bought 2 days ago with the help from all you people here! biggrin.gif Right now I'm sitting in a house by Little Pine Lake in Perham, Minnesota, and I'm going to install ProTools any minute smile.gif
I had quite a shopping-spree at the Mall of America, and about 3700$ went out the window then, hopefully with good reason tongue.gif. In addition to the Mac I bought an Mbox Pro Bundle, Addictive Drums, IK Multimedia Total Workshop, an external harddrive, a giant book with piano-notes for classical songs and a book called "Pro Tools for Dummies" biggrin.gif By now I've only installed Microsoft Office, so please tell me some do's and don'ts before I do some horrible mistakes while installing all this stuff blink.gif

Thank you all for being part of this fantastic community, Peter smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 4 2008, 01:52 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Congrats Peter! Those are some awesome program's you got there. I would just follow the install wizard and you should be good to go! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Aug 4 2008, 02:14 AM
Im from Minnesota and Ive never heard of that town......Must be a major metropolis.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 4 2008, 03:50 AM
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Aug 4 2008, 03:14 AM) *
Im from Minnesota and Ive never heard of that town......Must be a major metropolis.

It has about 2500 inhabitants, so that wouldn't surprise me tongue.gif

Ok, now I'm afraid that something terrible has happened ohmy.gif When you turn on Pro Tools for the first time you're supposed to put in an authorization code before the program starts. I typed in a wrong code, and now I can't try it again! unsure.gif When I start up Pro Tools the program starts to load, but it suddenly stops and there comes a sign in the dock on the side of the Pro Tools icon that is called "CoreMIDIServer.framework. Do any of you know what the problem is? I need an answer quickly. Do you think It would help to uninstall Pro Tools and install it again?

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post
Maximus
Aug 4 2008, 04:16 AM
Please insert 3700 dollars and try again wink.gif Just kidding. There has to be a way to reinsert the code. Do an internet search for "Inserting Pro Tools Authorization code" or the like and you should find the way. Good luck.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 4 2008, 04:34 AM
QUOTE (Maximus @ Aug 4 2008, 05:16 AM) *
Please insert 3700 dollars and try again wink.gif Just kidding. There has to be a way to reinsert the code. Do an internet search for "Inserting Pro Tools Authorization code" or the like and you should find the way. Good luck.

I'm browsing all the digidesign support-pages I can find right now to find the error and maybe a solution tongue.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 4 2008, 05:16 AM
Learning Roadie
You're taking it well at least biggrin.gif How do you like the states so far?

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 4 2008, 09:45 AM
Singing Instructor
You haw a great peace of equipment there,enjoy it.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 4 2008, 03:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (IDontWantMyUsername @ Aug 4 2008, 05:34 AM) *
I'm browsing all the digidesign support-pages I can find right now to find the error and maybe a solution tongue.gif

Well try reinstalling the software , or call their technical support (listed on the box of the software) ...Also doesn't pro tools come with some sort of hardware interface too ?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 4 2008, 07:17 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 4 2008, 06:16 AM) *
You're taking it well at least biggrin.gif How do you like the states so far?

Well, at first we stayed in New Jersey, Belmar to be exact for some days. While we were there we did among other things go to a Bruce Springsteen concert at Giant Stadium. My parents are hardcore Springsteen fans tongue.gif
Afterwards we started driving for where we are now. On the way we visited the Cleveland Rock Hall of Fame biggrin.gif So there has been alot of fun, but an annoying thing is that they fry all the food. Absolutely everything is fried! ohmy.gif By the way, yesterday I attempted to go waterskiing, and I managed to stand on the water for about 5 seconds max *Notveryproud* laugh.gif On the way back we're going on a short trip to Canada, and then we'll watch the Niagara Falls. The last three days before we leave we'll stay in New York, and I'm planning to visit at least 5 music stores while I'm there biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 4 2008, 04:02 PM) *
Well try reinstalling the software , or call their technical support (listed on the box of the software) ...Also doesn't pro tools come with some sort of hardware interface too ?

I bought the Mbox 2 Pro Factory Bundle. I put up a thread on the Digidesign support forum, so I'll see if I get any help there. If not, I guess I'll have to call them. dry.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 4 2008, 07:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah a lot of food is fried around here, at least in fast food places and the like tongue.gif Theres lots of good places to eat all around though, great thing about american cuisine is that its rooted in styles from all over the world biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Jeff
Aug 4 2008, 09:43 PM
Congratulations on getting Protools. I highly recommend this book - http://www.protoolsformusicians.com/

Marcus Lavendell uses Protools. Maybe he can help you.

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 4 2008, 10:23 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 4 2008, 08:27 PM) *
Yeah a lot of food is fried around here, at least in fast food places and the like tongue.gif Theres lots of good places to eat all around though, great thing about american cuisine is that its rooted in styles from all over the world biggrin.gif

Yes, there are many different kinds of restaurants if you just search a little smile.gif We did for example find a really good Japanese restaurant and I got to try sushi for my first time biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jeff @ Aug 4 2008, 10:43 PM) *
Congratulations on getting Protools. I highly recommend this book - http://www.protoolsformusicians.com/

Marcus Lavendell uses Protools. Maybe he can help you.

Yes, I discovered after I bought the book that it was made for Pro Tools 6 tongue.gif It will probably help me a bit anyways i hope.
About Lavendell, his backing tracks are about 90% of the reason why I bought Pro Tools biggrin.gif

Anyways, I think I might have solved the problem: I have a newer Operative System than what the MBox what made for. It was made for 10.4 and I have 10.5.2. I downloaded Pro Tools 7.4 now, and I figured out that it would need 10.5.3 to work, so now I'm downloading 10.5.4. I just hope that it will work.

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 6 2008, 01:01 PM
Instructor
Congratulations mate. If I were you I would check out Lynda-dot-com - they have one of the most awesome video tutorials on the net, and it is a lot easier to learn from video tutorials that books imo.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:37 PM