Not Guitar Related, But Wow!
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 16 2019, 09:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
What a performance by Floor Jansen and Henk Poort (who I had never heard of). Wait for that last note!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 16 2019, 11:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
it did have a nice guitar track behind it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 17 2019, 12:28 AM
GMC:er
She's amazing. She actually has a more powerful voice than Tarja did and uses a little less vibrato so I actually like her better in Nightwish. I like Tarja just fine on her own. Great clip!
Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 16 2019, 04:39 PM) *
What a performance by Floor Jansen and Henk Poort (who I had never heard of). Wait for that last note!

+Quote Post
Adam
Oct 17 2019, 03:00 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 16 2019, 09:39 PM) *

Personally I'm not a fan of Floor's Nightwish. I know a lot of people may criticize me for it but I preferred Tarja's classical voice and Anette's dreamer-like voice. I'm not saying Floor is a bad singer because she's not and many people are enjoying it. I'm just no longer a Nightwish fan, or at least not the modern Nightwish and I don't like Floor's performance of older songs.

Tuomas is an exceptional composer, he is able to tailor songs to compliment the singer's voice and they should stick with that. I'm very simple and for me Sleeping Sun or Phantom of the Opera can be performed by Tarja, Poet and the Pendulum or Sahara by Anette. I'm sorry if it sounds a bit harsh but imho Floor should stick with songs designed for her. I've seen vocal coaches and regular listeners react to her performance but I wasn't enchanted by any of it. It's not my kind of Nightwish. Just like Sonata Arctica isn't the same without Jani on guitar.

This post has been edited by Adam: Oct 17 2019, 03:03 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2019, 06:59 AM
GMC:er
You are certainly not alone in that view buddy. There are tons of people who just don't like Floor in Nightwish. I personally never liked Annette just because she wasn't a good enough singer to actually sing the old songs and would routinely run off stage in tears when she couldn't hit the notes. I still love Tarja, her solo stuff is really cool imho smile.gif

QUOTE (Adam @ Oct 16 2019, 10:00 PM) *
Personally I'm not a fan of Floor's Nightwish. I know a lot of people may criticize me for it but I preferred Tarja's classical voice and Anette's dreamer-like voice. I'm not saying Floor is a bad singer because she's not and many people are enjoying it. I'm just no longer a Nightwish fan, or at least not the modern Nightwish and I don't like Floor's performance of older songs.

Tuomas is an exceptional composer, he is able to tailor songs to compliment the singer's voice and they should stick with that. I'm very simple and for me Sleeping Sun or Phantom of the Opera can be performed by Tarja, Poet and the Pendulum or Sahara by Anette. I'm sorry if it sounds a bit harsh but imho Floor should stick with songs designed for her. I've seen vocal coaches and regular listeners react to her performance but I wasn't enchanted by any of it. It's not my kind of Nightwish. Just like Sonata Arctica isn't the same without Jani on guitar.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:09 PM