Dean Razorback Info Update
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2012, 10:13 PM
GMC:er
Here is a link to where I got my Dean Razorback that I used this weekend in the Chat Session. Folks seemed pretty shocked at the price I paid so I thought I'd share. $269 New With Case.

http://www.amazon.com/Dean-Razorback-Guita...=Dean+razorback

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Todd Simpson
Jul 10 2014, 09:26 PM
SHE'S FINALLY DONE!!!

*Reprofiled the neck thinner like a Ibby Wizard,
*Replaced the crap pickups with Homewrecker Punishers
*Added VONHOTCH custom pickup covers and pickup rings

and BINGO!! Plays and Sounds AMAZING!! smile.gif Started off as a SUB $300 guitar!!

QUESTION: Anybody else start with something rough/cheap and turn it in to something better?

Attached Image

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 12 2012, 05:13 PM) *
Here is a link to where I got my Dean Razorback that I used this weekend in the Chat Session. Folks seemed pretty shocked at the price I paid so I thought I'd share. $269 New With Case.

http://www.amazon.com/Dean-Razorback-Guita...=Dean+razorback

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 10 2014, 10:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 10 2014, 09:26 PM) *
SHE'S FINALLY DONE!!!

*Reprofiled the neck thinner like a Ibby Wizard,
*Replaced the crap pickups with Homewrecker Punishers
*Added VONHOTCH custom pickup covers and pickup rings

are you able to do that work yourself? reprofiling a neck sounds kinda complicated!
I wish I had the skills to be able to do stuff like that. I dont think I have the aptitude for that type of work.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jul 10 2014, 11:12 PM
Those pickup rings look amazing! This gives me some GAS to upgrade my RG470XL. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 11 2014, 02:01 AM
I had the reprofiling done by ATLANTA DISCOUNT MUSIC's Luthier and the Pickups/Rings/Covers installed @ SOUTHEAST GUITAR REPAIR. I was pretty sure I'd ruin it if I did it smile.gif So I left it to the pros!

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 10 2014, 05:58 PM) *
are you able to do that work yourself? reprofiling a neck sounds kinda complicated!
I wish I had the skills to be able to do stuff like that. I dont think I have the aptitude for that type of work.

VonHotch made those just for me and I gotta say he freaking RAWKS!! I can't go back to plastic!! Give him a PM and have him build you a custom set! Makes any setup look a bit more mean smile.gif

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Jul 10 2014, 06:12 PM) *
Those pickup rings look amazing! This gives me some GAS to upgrade my RG470XL. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 12 2014, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 10 2014, 09:26 PM) *
QUESTION: Anybody else start with something rough/cheap and turn it in to something better?

Probably every sub £300 guitar I've ever owned has been changed in some way or another!! The only one I have here that hasn't been touched is my USA G&L ASAT Special.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 12 2014, 04:48 PM
I hear ya wink.gif I like getting cheap axes and seeing if I can turn them in to something worth playing. Sort of like some guys like working on old cars and have several taking up space in their yard, I've got old guitars sitting around in various states of repair smile.gif

Still working on the Red Sparkle HAMER SLAMMER that I recently acquired! smile.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 12 2014, 10:54 AM) *
Probably every sub £300 guitar I've ever owned has been changed in some way or another!! The only one I have here that hasn't been touched is my USA G&L ASAT Special.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 13 2014, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Those pickups covers are gorgeous - props to Von Hotch !!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 13 2014, 05:00 PM
Agreed!! Von RAWKS!!!!!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 13 2014, 09:15 AM) *
Those pickups covers are gorgeous - props to Von Hotch !!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:56 AM