Speed picking problems!
Why
Jan 17 2007, 12:29 PM
GMC:er
Hello,

I've been playing for about a year and a half now, and I get quite decent alternate picking speeds. I was already speed picking before I joined the site but I wanted to fine tune my skills.

I'm alright till a point where it all goes wrong.

I have a couple of questions I'd like answered.

1) According to this site, you should hold the pick at an angle to the strings. When I do that, the tone becomes really thin and the pick is scraping the string not picking it.

2) If I'm alternate picking, the notes won't be in smooth succession all the time. It's like one or two notes are out of place and timing and don't flow smoothly as I play a descending run. How do I correct this?

3) Thirdly, sometimes my right and left hands aren't synchronised correctly (Specially at higher speeds) and I usually play a run in a completely broken manner, again not smoothly. I desperately want to make my run sound smooth and without a hitch. Ie. Non-beginner-ish.

4) Damping the strings, How exactly do you do this? The way I'm doing it now I'm almost palm muting, which makes the tone basically nil and inaudible and not professional at all.

If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it alot! So Kris, Help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Why: Jan 18 2007, 05:36 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:29 AM