Bettencourt, Wylde, Vai, Malmsteen, And Abasi On Stage
Rammikin
Apr 11 2016, 07:32 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Saw the Generation Axe show. It was incredible.

1 Stage
5 Guitarists
32 Marshall heads
45,000,000 notes

Nuno Bettencourt, Zakk Wylde, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tosin Abasi

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nikeman64
Apr 11 2016, 08:53 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I LOVE these kind of concerts !!! Like the G3's.... Awesome !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2016, 03:15 PM
Instructor
I was really happy when I've discovered this! It's totally awesome to see all these guitarists together doing a concerts. I've been a fan for lots of years of most of these players and it's amazing to see them playing together. I've foiund a video of Malmsteen with Vai playing Black Star, that's priceless!! My two teenage years playing together that song that I used to practice every day at my bedroom when I was 15. wub.gif

I like the initiative of adding a new representative of shred guitar (Tobin). I'm not really into his playing but it's a nice move.

In order to make this one even cooler for me, I would add Paul Gilbert to the show, what do you think? Who would you add?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 12 2016, 01:44 AM
Experienced Rock Star
I don't think an amp for a sixth player would have fit on the stage smile.gif. But I saw Paul Gilbert play a special private show that Ibanez put on a couple of years ago that included Ibanez endorsers Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman, Gilbert, and Herman Li.

In the picture above, they are playing Highway Star, with Yngwie doing the vocals.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 12 2016, 09:35 AM
Instructor
Same as You guys, I love this kind of ideas smile.gif Really huge thing! I'm also glad they have invited Tosin as a "new age of players" representant. They would be rather expected to keep with the "old fasion boys", sterile circle...yet here's a surprise smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 13 2016, 05:40 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 12 2016, 08:35 AM) *
Same as You guys, I love this kind of ideas smile.gif Really huge thing! I'm also glad they have invited Tosin as a "new age of players" representant. They would be rather expected to keep with the "old fasion boys", sterile circle...yet here's a surprise smile.gif

I wasn't that familiar with Tosin before, but I've been listening to a lot of Animals as Leaders since the show, and I really like his music.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2016, 02:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Apr 13 2016, 01:40 PM) *
I wasn't that familiar with Tosin before, but I've been listening to a lot of Animals as Leaders since the show, and I really like his music.

I've never been very attracted by his music... what album do you recommend to start?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Apr 14 2016, 06:52 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Joy of Motion is my favorite. You can hear Misha Mansoor's influence more on that one, and I like that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:25 PM