9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
A G/mc Collab!, Fiercesome adrenaline pumping through your veins to the sound of ROCK
bleez
Feb 6 2015, 08:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
sorry dudes, my internet is down at home, it has been since wednesday, I cant really get anything uploaded. If you need to mix the take without me thats totally cool. Im hoping to be back online soon but I dunno......... British Telecom dont seem to be able to work their internets at the moment huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 6 2015, 09:06 PM
GMC:er
Both: [attachment=40815:ACDC_GMC_BT_S.wav]
Solo: [attachment=40816:ACDC_GMC_Solo_Only.wav]

4 Guitars and a restringing later this is the best I got.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Feb 6 2015, 09:09 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 6 2015, 10:21 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 6 2015, 09:06 PM) *
Both: [attachment=40815:ACDC_GMC_BT_S.wav]
Solo: [attachment=40816:ACDC_GMC_Solo_Only.wav]

4 Guitars and a restringing later this is the best I got.

Thanks Spase, and well done! The chorus section now flows much better.

Playing wise you did good, and my only two comments are:

* 00:04 - the idea is cool but the fast burst a bit choppy and feels "squeezed" in. I would probably have held my horses a little bit here in order to be able to intensify the solo later on. If you start really busy, it can be hard to bring the listener to a climax.

* 00:13-00:14 no real biggie but it's the only audible missed note and it's a high pitched one.

On a general comment your playing and ideas are very promising, you are able come up with good stuff. In order to make your leads really shine, you need to be more selective and think "less is more". Play a little less, skip the so-so stuff and give yourself some extra time to polish the remaining strong ideas.

I am looking forward to see how your lines will improve!

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2015, 12:47 AM) *
By the way, Kris, it's been great seeing you very active in this collab, and it's been a pleasure receiving comments from you along the way smile.gif I'm sure everyone else feels the same way!

Thanks so much for saying this Ben, Sensible and Procyon!

My hope for these collabs is for you to realize that you already have what it takes to write killer material.

You should of course keep working on your technique and lessons, but gradually work more on the kind of things we have been discussing here.

In the end what matters is not who spent most time practicing, but who made the smartest use of their abilities vs weaknesses. Since this is highly individual, the only way to really get better at it - is by making music with other people and getting feedback.

Many people are scared of getting feedback, so just by participating in these collabs you are giving yourself a huge advantage over most other learning guitarists.

So congratulations again - to everyone who participated! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 6 2015, 10:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 6 2015, 11:21 PM) *
Thanks so much for saying this Ben, Sensible and Procyon!

My hope for these collabs is for you to realize that you already have what it takes to write killer material.

You should of course keep working on your technique and lessons, but gradually work more on the kind of things we have been discussing here.

In the end what matters is not who spent most time practicing, but who made the smartest use of their abilities vs weaknesses. Since this is highly individual, the only way to really get better at it - is by making music with other people and getting feedback.

Many people are scared of getting feedback, so just by participating in these collabs you are giving yourself a huge advantage over most other learning guitarists.

So congratulations again - to everyone who participated! biggrin.gif

My pleasure, Kris. The more feedback the better imo! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 7 2015, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! Thanks everybody for joining this one! I'll start downloading your takes right now to see what we have and to begin to visualize how to organize the mix. But I can say that this is VERY promising. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 7 2015, 05:56 PM
Found some free time this morning before I head out.

https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/acdc-gmc-bt-s

Attached File  ACDC_GMC_Solo_Only.wav ( 10.35MB ) Number of downloads: 136

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 7 2015, 09:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok i do show up here before time is running out rolleyes.gif

my timing privat lesson will keep some more time -- tongue.gif looks like ..

[attachment=40833:Gab_Fun_2_120gpm.mp3]

without backing

[attachment=40834:Gab_Fun_...out_back.mp3]

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Feb 7 2015, 09:12 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 9 2015, 10:19 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 7 2015, 05:56 PM) *
Found some free time this morning before I head out.

https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/acdc-gmc-bt-s

Attached File  ACDC_GMC_Solo_Only.wav ( 10.35MB ) Number of downloads: 136

Yeah!! Well done Spase. You managed to improve it further in the last minute, love the fast lick at 00:14!

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 7 2015, 09:09 PM) *
Ok i do show up here before time is running out rolleyes.gif

my timing privat lesson will keep some more time -- tongue.gif looks like ..

[attachment=40833:Gab_Fun_2_120gpm.mp3]

without backing

[attachment=40834:Gab_Fun_...out_back.mp3]

During the first part (0-00:17) the are several parts were you play without timing issues, so you are going in the right direction!

Please keep up with Gabs practice regime, as mentioned in your mentor thread there is no doubt we have found the problem now. But since you have had quite some time of learning the wrong way, progress will feel slow. But trust it will well worth it!

When done, we'll be able to start working on the musical stuff - and I will be able to comment on your solo construction etc. I am looking forward to it! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 11 2015, 09:05 PM
THANK YOU, KRIS !

I am looking forward to it, too biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 9 2015, 10:19 PM) *
Yeah!! Well done Spase. You managed to improve it further in the last minute, love the fast lick at 00:14!

During the first part (0-00:17) the are several parts were you play without timing issues, so you are going in the right direction!

Please keep up with Gabs practice regime, as mentioned in your mentor thread there is no doubt we have found the problem now. But since you have had quite some time of learning the wrong way, progress will feel slow. But trust it will well worth it!

When done, we'll be able to start working on the musical stuff - and I will be able to comment on your solo construction etc. I am looking forward to it! cool.gif

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
Feb 13 2015, 04:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
Will there be a final version of all who participated??

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 13 2015, 09:04 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (SubbedChris @ Feb 13 2015, 04:35 AM) *
Will there be a final version of all who participated??

Yes! Gab is working on it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 15 2015, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Hello everybody! After many hours of work I'm proud to share the final work of this amazing collab! There were lots of killer solos on this one and this show that both the GMCers and Kris have done a great job here.

So this is the final masterpiece smile.gif

Order of Appearance:

Gabriel Leopardi (Rhythm guitar & intro phrase)
SubbedCris (Lead guitar)
Phil66 (Lead guitar) + Dieterle (Rhythmic delay arrangement)
Beat Zbinden (Lead guitar and Kirk Hammet’s Wah Wah auto pan)
Lothomer (Lead guitar)
Sensible Jones (Lead guitar)
Rhida (Lead guitar)
Caelumamittendum (Lead guitar)
SpaaseMonkey (Lead guitar)
GeneT95 (Lead guitar)
Vinman (Lead guitar)
Procyon (Lead guitar)
Bleez + Nick6373 (Guitar battle)
Kristofel Dahl (Lead guitar)

Attached File  AGMC_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 9.22MB ) Number of downloads: 577

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 15 2015, 04:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 15 2015, 03:15 PM) *
Hello everybody! After many hours of work I'm proud to share the final work of this amazing collab! There were lots of killer solos on this one and this show that both the GMCers and Kris have done a great job here.

So this is the final masterpiece smile.gif

Order of Appearance:

Gabriel Leopardi (Rhythm guitar & intro phrase)
SubbedCris (Lead guitar)
Phil66 (Lead guitar) + Dieterle (Rhythmic delay arrangement)
Beat Zbinden (Lead guitar and Kirk Hammet’s Wah Wah auto pan)
Lothomer (Lead guitar)
Sensible Jones (Lead guitar)
Rhida (Lead guitar)
Caelumamittendum (Lead guitar)
SpaaseMonkey (Lead guitar)
GeneT95 (Lead guitar)
Vinman (Lead guitar)
Procyon (Lead guitar)
Bleez + Nick6373 (Guitar battle)
Kristofel Dahl (Lead guitar)

Attached File  AGMC_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 9.22MB ) Number of downloads: 577

Awesome work, Gabriel! Thanks for this smile.gif I really enjoyed listening to all the takes in this. Congratulations on a job well done, everybody!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 15 2015, 04:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
ohmy.gif what an amazing final mix. incredible job, Gab biggrin.gif sounds fantastic.
great solos, guys.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 15 2015, 04:34 PM
Brilliant Gab, these collabs are brilliant. It really gives encouragement hearing your own piece in something that sounds so professional..

I'm sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say it's really appreciated what you gentlemen do at GMC. Thank you so much and well done everyone.

Now onto the funky collab, that's a tricky one rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Procyon
Feb 15 2015, 07:03 PM
Wow, this is absolutely AWESOME! What a great mix you made, Gab! Thanks a lot! It is really amazing how every single take fits perfectly to create a great song. GMC rocks!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 15 2015, 11:15 PM
GMC Founder
The final result is nothing but amazing, this goes again to show how hard you guys rock! biggrin.gif

Thanks to everyone who participated! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 15 2015, 11:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
WOW guys - this is really amazing! smile.gif I'm literally blown away how everyone played so well and how high the quality of this music piece as a "song" is. All the takes blend so well with each other and give the song justice.

I'm having this on loop smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 16 2015, 07:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome final result, I really enjoyed to hear all the takes together! Congrats to everyone! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rhida
Feb 16 2015, 02:17 PM
Just excellent! smile.gif

Congrats Gab for putting all this stuff together and make it work! The sound and mixing are amazing!
And Kris thanks a lot for your patience and support!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:17 PM