> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

29 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Pavelducati's Start Line
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 2 2013, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (pavelducati @ Jun 1 2013, 01:07 PM) *
Hi,Cosmin.
I tried to play triads.
I would like to ask you.
(BDF) is not convenient for
playing from 5-th string.
Can I play from 4-th?
Or is it important to play from 5-th?

Hey man! Both are very correct - they have the same notes right? smile.gif Now for the sake of consistency, you might want to go with the version where the B note is found on the 14th fret, k? biggrin.gif Use the other version if you want to harmonize the C major scale, using root notes found on the D string wink.gif I was wondering, would you like to take a try at this lesson?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 4 2013, 08:17 AM
GMC:er
Hi,Cosmin.
I have understood.
If I play C(CEG) there are 2 intervals between C and E and 1,5 between E and G.
The same is G(GBD) and F(FAC)
If I play minor E(EGB),A(ACE) there are 1,5 intervals between E and G(A andC) and 2 between G and B(C and E)
A diminished triads is B(BDF) : 1,5 intervals between B - D and D-F.

I think today in the evening I will record the exercise in appropriate temp.

I have a question about speed improvement.
Everyday I play scales and some exercises but my speed is unchanged.
I am a little upset about this.
I try to be patient.
It is hard because my head conceives but my fingers don't accomplish.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 4 2013, 08:37 AM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 4 2013, 12:05 PM
Instructor
Hey there mate smile.gif

The thing is like this: Between C and E you have a major third and between E and G you have a minor third. But you should think about G in its relationship with C -> C-G is a 5th interval. The same goes between the rest smile.gif Judge the 5ths in their relationship with the root of the chord they are being played in.

Regarding speed smile.gif Mate - the first question is, are you working with a metronome?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 4 2013, 02:27 PM
I got it.
Yes I use a metronome often.
But last couple weeks did not.

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 4 2013, 07:15 PM
I could not suppose that it is so important.
I start playing with a metronome again and the speed of my fingers began an increasing.
Thanks so much.

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 5 2013, 08:38 AM
Hi,Cosmin.
It is done.
It was a little difficult because I never played in the end of the neck.

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 5 2013, 08:39 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  C_triads.mp3 ( 678.69K ) Number of downloads: 90

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 08:45 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, I will of course come up with a little movie, to get you pumped on the metronome practice a bit, ok? How does that lesson feel - the new one I mean?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 5 2013, 11:58 AM
I think that there the most important thing of that lesson
was that I learnt all notes on the neck.And I can determine some of them
hearing.
Also I know now that there are 2 triads:major and minor.
I like the way you are leading me.

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2013, 09:46 PM
Instructor
Thank you very much mate smile.gif

Here's a little something on speed:

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 7 2013, 09:26 AM
Hi, Cosmin.
Firstly I would like to say that the last night was very interesting in spite of many unknown terms.
My point of view is a little philosophical I always try to feel energy.
You are a very positive man.
I am sure that there are many nice people around you.
It is great.
And I want to say thank you.

Well about the exercise.

I began to do this exercise from speed 60 and up to 150.
I was very careful and played clean.
My right hand can play more speedy but the left don't.
In a high speed my right and left hands are going to play alone.
That is why I stopped at 150.
In the end I feel an effort and fingers stop to play.
I have been doing it two days and today I began to play the solo by Skillet and was surprised because I did it in an appropriate
temp. Not so clean that I can say it is good but much better.

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 7 2013, 11:27 AM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2013, 11:51 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, thank you again for your kind thoughts smile.gif

You see, your highest speed, is truly that one at which both your hands play perfectly synced together and you are relaxed wink.gif

A recording would help me a lot in seeing how you are faring, so please, once you feel comfy, record and post in our thread!

I am very glad to hear that you are feeling the progress mate, let's push it further, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 7 2013, 02:57 PM
I did it.
I stopped at 170 because it was not clean enough.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  exercise.mp3 ( 786.45K ) Number of downloads: 89

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 7 2013, 05:01 PM
I think that every new difficult thing in ever work I should learn in the same way.
For example this :

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Alter_Bridge_TB.pdf ( 211.97K ) Number of downloads: 310

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 8 2013, 09:31 AM
Hi,Cosmin.
This is something from my training.

And something like solo

And here is what came out

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 8 2013, 09:21 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  alter_bridge.mp3 ( 387.67K ) Number of downloads: 92
Attached File  skillet_solo_terrible.mp3 ( 317.47K ) Number of downloads: 92
Attached File  skillet_WD.mp3 ( 1.45MB ) Number of downloads: 98

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 8 2013, 10:52 AM
Instructor
Hey there my friend!

Regarding the Alter Bridge tune - this happens to be one of my favorite bands biggrin.gif Well, the tone is very good! You have to slow down a bit and gain more definition and timing, it's just a matter of patience and focused practice, ok? You're almost there smile.gif

Regarding the exercise with triplets - the same as above, have patience and focus on going up with the tempo in a manner in which your brain will be tricked - that means, do not increase speed, more than 1-2 units at a time - that way, the brain will not notice the changes and will naturally adapt wink.gif At this point you are not in perfect sync - I mean, I can feel the left and right hand, not being perfectly aligned. Focus on playing slower and getting the hands in sync at a slow speed - also, small movements will help A LOT!

The Skillet solo has a tempo which doesn't suit you yet, man - don't worry, ok? It'll be there, but first, in order to see if you really understand the phrasing and articulation, please record that solo at 50% of the speed against the metronome, focusing on all the details, get the perfect timing and shapes - do we have a deal?

The riffs are not bad! You need to work a bit more on the timing and play tighter - by that I mean, be more exact and in sync with the drums!

You are trying things which are above your current abilities - exploring is not a bad thing as long as you do not let yourself discouraged smile.gif You actually have no reason to be worried, because this is the natural flow of things smile.gif

Try the same thing with the riffs - slow, steady, perfect timing and definition!

Post here and I'm ready to help you wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 8 2013, 02:44 PM
I think if I want to play well I should spend a lot of time for playing the guitar.
I would like to ask you.
I do many different exercises which demand always retune my guitar: standard,drop C,drop B.
Is this a normal situation?
I will get ESP in the end of June and I will have got two different tuning guitars.I think it will be much better.
What do you think if we will continue learning chords?
I am sure that it is very important.

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 8 2013, 02:45 PM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 9 2013, 07:45 AM
Hi,Cosmin.
I downloaded your songs from itunes.
It is nice,realy.
I liked Journey,Seed,Walking in the dark more then others.
I would like to wish you an inspiration and new different
songs.
And of course many nice people around you.
Life is perfect.

This post has been edited by pavelducati: Jun 9 2013, 10:34 AM

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 9 2013, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Than you very much!! I am so glad you like our music biggrin.gif

Well, regarding your question - if you want to learn stuff which was written in various tunings, it is only normal to tune to those tunings smile.gif Nothing unusual about it - as soon as you will have two axes, you won't have to change tunings so often on just one guitar.

Regarding chords, yes, it is a very good choice and alongside understanding the relationship between scales/arpeggios and chords, rhythmic development is another important thing!

If you feel like you have mastered the previous lessons we have worked on so far, we can focus on others as well smile.gif

Let me know!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
pavelducati
Jun 9 2013, 01:41 PM
I think I am ready to go further with a pleasure

--------------------
Best wishes,
Paul

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 9 2013, 02:17 PM
Instructor
Alright, well, I would very much like you to try these two:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Major-...elative-Chords/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rocking-Chords/

They are not that difficult, but they involve rhythm development and chord shapes smile.gif Exactly what you need right now wink.gif Focus on timing and clean playing, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post

29 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:57 PM