Local Newfoundland Company Makes It Big, not sure if you've heard of this Brand
rokchik
Jul 5 2007, 03:16 PM
The Dark Canuck
Hey everybody,

I don't know if anyone has heard of this brand of Guitars before....Garrison Guitars....but they are made here in the province of Newfoundland. They deal in acoustic guitars, I own one and they are amazing. Great tone and they resinate forever. Well the little company that could was just purchased by Gibson just thought I'd pass along as these guitars are definatley worth looking at.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labr...n-garrison.html

Check out their web site at garrisonguitars.com....link didn't seem to be working.....

rokchik

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jul 5 2007, 06:51 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Miguel_Sanchez
Jul 5 2007, 06:16 PM
GMC:er
yah i own a garrison agle-1 grand concert and it's pretty good... the guitar store i work at really only carries canadian based acoustics (other than ovation and gretsch)

the only problem i have with garrisons is that they all tend to have fret buzz...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 6 2007, 12:21 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Miguel_Sanchez @ Jul 5 2007, 02:16 PM) *
yah i own a garrison agle-1 grand concert and it's pretty good... the guitar store i work at really only carries canadian based acoustics (other than ovation and gretsch)

the only problem i have with garrisons is that they all tend to have fret buzz...

The agle - 1 that is the limited edition isn't it? Nice guitar.
I noticed the fret buzz a bit on mine when I first got it but not so much anymore. I've had it for about a year and a half now. She plays beautifully...nice feel to the body and the action is great. The one thing I would suggest is to stick with the G series or above...the AG series is produced in China and well I'd just rather have Canadian made than anything else.

+Quote Post
Miguel_Sanchez
Jul 7 2007, 06:26 PM
GMC:er
yes they're rather nice guitars... there are quite a few respectable Canadian manufactors, anything Godin is worth taking a look at, such as Seagulls or A&L's.

and yes it is a limited edition one... i get everything at cost at my work so i only ended up paying around $600 for it which was nice

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:46 PM