2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Just Ordered A Your Rock Guitar
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 12 2011, 11:58 AM
GMC Founder
Ok a guitar midi controller for 399 sek (60 usd) doesn't sound real to me - I have always wanted one!! I will use it to control synthesizers when creating layers/dubs. If the neck/feeling is decent I might do some shredding on it as well! biggrin.gif

http://www.yourockguitar.com/

I ordered it from a Swedish web store called Musikbörsen.

I am looking forward to see what this will be like =) Does anyone have it? (saw this old thread)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JD_
Dec 12 2011, 12:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Just checked the Vid at their website....looks very interesting.....Can't wait to see your demo! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 12 2011, 12:15 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
wow that seems incredible, mind you the list price on their website is around $220 so you did really well with the price!

Interesting to see how it performs, I trust we will get to se it in some of your future vids biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 12 2011, 12:24 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow you got a steal price! smile.gif
It kinda looks like a toy guitar but I'm pretty sure it will work out awesome. Would be interesting to hear how easy it is to play?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 12 2011, 12:56 PM
Instructor
Never had the opportunity to see such a thing - it't the first time I'm hearing about it smile.gif

Just read a few things on the website, but I am looking forward to a recording from you, Kris wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 12 2011, 01:28 PM
Instructor
I've always wanted a MIDI guitar to play around with. Should be great for laying out MIDI! smile.gif Congratulations Kris! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 12 2011, 01:33 PM
GMC Founder
Wow I was lucky indeed, they've sold out now at that price... My first thought was that Swedish people don't want toy guitars, but I guess if the price is right people will go for toys as well.

Well I think they've charged my card so I hope I'll be getting it! =)

I had a Steinberger guitar I while back with a similar look, so I don't mind the weird shape.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 12 2011, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Excellent and very useful thing. I used a midi converters for a while (Roland GR1 and Gr30), and I intend to take one again. I don't know about that model,how is functional in terms of latency, so I recommend you to be confirmed before buying. More expensive models have zero latency, which is very important as you know ! But anyway, 60 bucks is not big deal and finally can be placed as a decoration on the wall biggrin.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2011, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Wou! that's so cheap! Congrats Kris! Let us know the experience once you have it! I would like to have one.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 12 2011, 03:14 PM
Instructor
I'm looking at the demo, it seems like a very fun instrument to have!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 12 2011, 03:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hmm....have fun with it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 12 2011, 04:09 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Dec 12 2011, 02:53 PM) *
Excellent and very useful thing. I used a midi converters for a while (Roland GR1 and Gr30), and I intend to take one again. I don't know about that model,how is functional in terms of latency, so I recommend you to be confirmed before buying. More expensive models have zero latency, which is very important as you know ! But anyway, 60 bucks is not big deal and finally can be placed as a decoration on the wall biggrin.gif !

Well I dont have any experience form this stuff - but it seems delay is acceptable according to Sound On Sound (article).

Because it gets the notes out on time, without any pitch‑analysis delay, your MIDI parts will retain the feel with which you actually played them, or you can make good use of quantisation and groove templates, which are often rendered useless on pitch‑to‑MIDI guitar systems by the delay factor varying from note to note.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2011, 04:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 12 2011, 12:09 PM) *
Well I dont have any experience form this stuff - but it seems delay is acceptable according to Sound On Sound (article).

How did you get that price?? (US$60) It says US$249 in the site that you shared... ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 12 2011, 04:19 PM
GMC Founder
Well it says "Slutsåld" (sold out) now unfortunately...

http://pix.thefarm.se/kristofer/20111212161321/
http://www.musikborsen.se/

Oh and I just saw this:

but you’ll want to be aware of the Tap mode, which outputs notes as soon as they are ‘fretted’ in the left hand, without requiring a string trigger note

Legato here I come!!! That will be perfect to use for legato - since the right hand can do bending/vibrato with the whammy bar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2011, 04:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 12 2011, 12:19 PM) *
Well it says "Slutsåld" (sold out) now unfortunately...

http://pix.thefarm.se/kristofer/20111212161321/
http://www.musikborsen.se/

Oh and I just saw this:

Legato here I come!!! That will be perfect to use for legato - since the right hand can do bending/vibrato with the whammy bar.

oh! You got a great discount offer! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 12 2011, 04:36 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 12 2011, 04:26 PM) *
oh! You got a great discount offer! smile.gif

Yes so it seems - I will let you know if I think this product is worth the standard price!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 12 2011, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Ah, that means too late, I wanted to tell you to send me one at that price, really !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2011, 05:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 12 2011, 12:36 PM) *
Yes so it seems - I will let you know if I think this product is worth the standard price!

Cool!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 17 2011, 04:39 AM
Instructor
Looks like a fun toy. I would use it for cool space sounds.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 17 2011, 06:56 AM
Learning Roadie
Not to bash the toy, but I just this video popped up in my subscriptions on YouTube. biggrin.gif Here's our good friend David's take on it.

But this guy doesn't seem to have any problems. huh.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Dec 17 2011, 07:00 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:25 PM