2 Pages V  < 1 2  
How Many Languages Do You Speak?
Headbanger
Jun 26 2013, 07:00 PM
GMC:er
I think learning another language helps to enhance your understanding of you own language. Its amazing how many things suddenly seem to click or link together once you learn another. For example, I start to notice the Latin parts of English that I wouldn't have realised without Spanish. Its good to know different words for everything...it helps understanding/vocabulary to build.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jun 26 2013, 07:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jun 26 2013, 11:43 AM) *
Yeah, i'm good, thank you, survived first rows of Slayer concert last night , still cant hear on right ear, and have rehearsal in few hours! mad.gif

How's the thing in Heillbronn?

Hey Slav , rehearsal - so you are lucky that you can not hear all those mistakes around ya laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Her in HN everything is in balance right now cool.gif just waiting for the next fight smile.gif the only thing what make s me a bit mad is the

rainy weather and its a bit cold too dry.gif

Cya in one of the chats soon !

Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Jun 26 2013, 07:57 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 26 2013, 09:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool topic! smile.gif

Besides my native language, I'm comfortable with only 1 more language - English.
I did learn Russian for years in the primary school, but I never liked it so I think I completely forgot everything I learned.
Tried German once in private course.... I'll just say it wasn't working. Somehow I found it hilarious to listen to other people "trying to speak German" so that I couldn't resist from laughing and it was really inappropriate to do it in such a "quiet" classroom laugh.gif You know the situation when things start to feel funny in the worst case situation? That is it smile.gif

I found English to be extremely useful in my life. I was lucky to start learning it when I was a little kid so nowadays I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Now - I'd like to learn another language and hope to focus on that in the coming years.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 27 2013, 02:44 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 26 2013, 02:48 PM) *
I also admire people that can speak many languages! My native language is Spanish.

Spanish is probably the second most common language here. I wish I had learned more of it in school. I can remember some, but definitely not enough.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jun 26 2013, 03:23 PM) *
English is my first language. I am very basic in French and Spanish.
I am fluent in Sarcasm!!
wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I think I know a distant dialect of Sarcasm...... Jibberish. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 26 2013, 05:45 PM) *
I can speak a few german dialects biggrin.gif

And a bit of english, a bit of french and a tiny little bit of spanish.

How many German dialects are there? How different are they? And if you "bit" of French, and Spanish is a good as you "bit" of english I think you are being modest. I wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't your first language.

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 26 2013, 08:25 PM) *
Very cool topic! smile.gif

Besides my native language, I'm comfortable with only 1 more language - English.
I did learn Russian for years in the primary school, but I never liked it so I think I completely forgot everything I learned.
Tried German once in private course.... I'll just say it wasn't working. Somehow I found it hilarious to listen to other people "trying to speak German" so that I couldn't resist from laughing and it was really inappropriate to do it in such a "quiet" classroom laugh.gif You know the situation when things start to feel funny in the worst case situation? That is it smile.gif

I found English to be extremely useful in my life. I was lucky to start learning it when I was a little kid so nowadays I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Now - I'd like to learn another language and hope to focus on that in the coming years.

laugh.gif I can picture this kind of situation. For some reason German and Russian have always been languages that have intrigued me.

I'm really inspired now to learn to speak something new.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 30 2013, 05:28 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
I speak English and Music! biggrin.gif And just enough Spanish to get by when I am on vacation. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 30 2013, 02:10 PM
Instructor
As Ak said - Music, the universal mother tongue of every man, woman and child biggrin.gif my native Romanian language, English, French and currently learning a thing or two in Japanese, due to my martial arts trainings. I can basically imitate any accent I have tried, so far, so I guess that I can talk a language, without having ay clue whatsoever what I am saying laugh.gif Even managed to fool some German people tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 30 2013, 02:25 PM
I wish I knew more languages, I would love to know spanish and german, but currently only speak 2 on a regular basis; English and Redneck.

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 30 2013, 07:03 PM
QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 30 2013, 01:25 PM) *
I wish I knew more languages, I would love to know spanish and german, but currently only speak 2 on a regular basis; English and Redneck.

Ha ha, I will always remember the Jeff Foxworthy skit with redneck definitions "European"... Used in a sentence. Hey, man european on my shoe. laugh.gif I wish I could have found a vid for that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Jun 30 2013, 08:54 PM
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jun 30 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Ha ha, I will always remember the Jeff Foxworthy skit with redneck definitions "European"... Used in a sentence. Hey, man european on my shoe. laugh.gif I wish I could have found a vid for that.

Far: If he don’t turn that stove down, them chickens will catch far.
Bard: Cousin Jesse bard money from me and I ain’t seent him since.
Ranch: Go in the back of my truck and get that ranch!
Munts: It’s been four munts since I heard from my brother.
All: I’m gonna need me a all change on that truck.
Ahz: I can’t see nuthin’ out these ahz.
Bawl: You gotta bawl that water fo’ you put in the egg.
Own: Turn them lights own.
Nekkid: There he was nekkid as a jaybird.
Hep: “HEP! There’s a far!”
Shevuhlay: I got me a new shevuhlay pickup!
Tar: He got him a flat tar!
Uhmurkin: We’s uhmurkin, born and raised in the United States of Uhmurka!
Spearmint: Billy Ray doin’ some type of spearmint in school.
Clinics: You got any clinics so I could wipe my nose?
Co-Cola: Yall want some co-cola? It’s nice and cold.
Bar Code: Dems fightin’ rules at the bar.
Bare: Gimme a bare – Michelob!
Barium: Jimmy- they just barium at the cemetery.
Bleeve: Does you bleeve in ghosts?
Did: You got that fox Jim he did, not movin’ at all.
Fat: If’n y’all don’t stop fat’n I’m comin’ down there.
Gubmint: Casey dun got a gubmint job.
Momanims: Momanims cookin' fried chicken fur dinner

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 1 2013, 06:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 30 2013, 07:54 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I just pronounced EACH one, just to figure out what it actually means laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Jul 1 2013, 03:54 PM
My native language is Russian, and I also speak English and, to some extent, Finnish. I actually prefer to read books, watch movies, communicate and write in English, despite it being my second language. I've finally started learning Japanese this summer, something I've been planning to do for some time (Cosmin, we can share experiences with it! biggrin.gif).

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 2 2013, 07:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Jul 1 2013, 02:54 PM) *
My native language is Russian, and I also speak English and, to some extent, Finnish. I actually prefer to read books, watch movies, communicate and write in English, despite it being my second language. I've finally started learning Japanese this summer, something I've been planning to do for some time (Cosmin, we can share experiences with it! biggrin.gif).

Haha biggrin.gif You probably know grammar but I only know words and their martial art meanings:

- Kesa - 30 degrees superior level cut
- Do - mid level 45 degrees cut
- Ashi - knee level cut
- Uke nagashi - flowing block
- Uke Tome - static block
- Yama Kage - shadow of the mountain
- Nito - two heavens as one - it refers to the fighting style involving the using of both big and small swords

There would be more but, I think, but I don't know how many people here, are interested in learning Japanese words related to fencing laugh.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jul 3 2013, 01:35 AM
QUOTE (Spock @ Jun 30 2013, 07:54 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif Your redneck is much better than mine, sir!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:16 AM