Problems With Windows Live Messenger
Pedja Simovic
May 31 2009, 01:42 PM
Instructor
Hey guys and girls smile.gif

I figured some of you might have solution for this problem. I've been using MSN for years now and everything worked fine until this new version of Live Messenger came out. All of a sudden, I can't connect to it at all and I am getting some message regarding Firewall or something that just doesnt add up.

I have disabled firewall in Windows and switched of anti virus monitoring (AVG), and still no use !

Any idea what I can do ?

I am using that windows messenger that comes originally with windows but I cant send nor receive files with that one since everybody is using latest version of MSN!

Every advice is appreciated smile.gif

Thanks a lot !

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
May 31 2009, 01:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´d reinstall the old version. I didn´t install the newest one because I´ve testes its interface which isn´t really structured, imo.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 31 2009, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ May 31 2009, 02:58 PM) *
I´d reinstall the old version. I didn´t install the newest one because I´ve testes its interface which isn´t really structured, imo.

I have tried that and again same problems...
What is the old version of MSN exactly ? There were so many different ones, 7.0 8.0 8.1 etc... ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 31 2009, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Did you upgrade Firefox by any chance?

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
May 31 2009, 02:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 31 2009, 03:26 PM) *
Did you upgrade Firefox by any chance?

I think so Muris. I get always message when it requires upgrade so I just go ahead and do it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 31 2009, 04:43 PM
Instructor
I use 8.1 since version 9 is just not what I got used to, and I have problems with it too. When I log on it says something like: "MS communication platfrom cannot connect, and need to shut down sorry for inconvenience". No need to say that I've searched the whole web for a solution, and there isn't any..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
May 31 2009, 05:10 PM
Instructor
take the exact message that you get from MSN and google it. I am sure people reported it before. I fixed many problems like that.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 1 2009, 12:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ May 31 2009, 03:02 PM) *
I have tried that and again same problems...
What is the old version of MSN exactly ? There were so many different ones, 7.0 8.0 8.1 etc... ?

I have 8.5. And I´m just trying to log in and it doesn´t work. huh.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 1 2009, 12:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ May 31 2009, 03:38 PM) *
I think so Muris. I get always message when it requires upgrade so I just go ahead and do it smile.gif

Yeah, some applications do it in a hard way.
Anyhow, once I upgraded Mozilla as well and couldn't have it running,
even with all firewalls off.
Now, problem with some antiviruses is that they are not 100% off even when they ARE off.
They firewalls keep exe. file from older version of application (MSN, Mozilla or whatever)
as a trusted application.
I think you have to check all your firewalls (windows one and from antivirus as well)
and to replace old MSN exe. with new one, hope it'll work. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 1 2009, 12:47 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys, I will try it all out, hopefully it will work out in the end !

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:31 PM