2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Blind Guardian, Pure Greatness
The Uncreator
May 12 2007, 03:39 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well, i think alot of you know i REALLY REALLY Love Iron Maiden, and if you dont, now you do biggrin.gif
Anyway, the only band i like more than Blind Guardian is Maiden, and i think alot of you on here will enjoy them very much, and some of you might already like them, anyway, no growls, clean vocals, amazing songwriting and Hansi Kursch writes some of the best Lyrical Melodys ive ever heard (And an incredible voice), Andre and Marcus (Guitars) come up with the most beautiful riffs, and there old drummer was Incredible (Thomen Stauch, currently with Savage Circus), and there new drummer, frederick Ehmke (probably mispelled) is VERY Good.

Check this out, One of the most Beautiful songs ive ever heard.
Blind Guardian - The Bards Song (In The Forest)

And some of there more heavier stuff.
Blind Guardian - Another Stranger Me
Blind Guardian - The Script For My Requiem

And Hansi Kursch also does a side project with Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth, Demons And Wizards.
Demons And Wizards - Terror Train

Blind Guardian
Hansi Kursch - Vocals
Andre Olbrich - Lead Guitar
Marcus Siepen - Rhythm Guitar
Frederick Ehmke - Drums
Oliver Holzwarth - Bass (hes not officially in the band, but he tours with them)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: May 12 2007, 03:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
May 12 2007, 04:01 AM
GMC:er
I agree with everything you said. I love Maiden. I think Blind Guardian's singer has an amazing voice and is very talented. That being said, I just didn't care much for the song. I don't quite know how to explain this, but for me to like something, it has to move me. I have to have an emotional connection to the song in some way. I came away from this song very ambivalent. I could take it or leave it, and believe it or not that is the worst thing I can say about a song. Because even if I violently dislike something, it at least evoked that kind of a strong emotion. I felt nothing here, sorry.

Btw, I feel that way about all forms of music, not just metal. One of my favorite compositions of all time is Bach's Chaconne (from violin partita #2 I believe). I can listen to it performed by Perlman, Segovia or any number of great pianists (whose names escape me for some reason). And every time I hear it, I break in to sweat. By the time the performance is over, I feel like I just ran a marathon. Thats how much that piece of music moves me.

Boris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 12 2007, 05:05 AM
QUOTE (ch00ch00man @ May 11 2007, 11:01 PM) *
I agree with everything you said. I love Maiden. I think Blind Guardian's singer has an amazing voice and is very talented. That being said, I just didn't care much for the song. I don't quite know how to explain this, but for me to like something, it has to move me. I have to have an emotional connection to the song in some way. I came away from this song very ambivalent. I could take it or leave it, and believe it or not that is the worst thing I can say about a song. Because even if I violently dislike something, it at least evoked that kind of a strong emotion. I felt nothing here, sorry.

Btw, I feel that way about all forms of music, not just metal. One of my favorite compositions of all time is Bach's Chaconne (from violin partita #2 I believe). I can listen to it performed by Perlman, Segovia or any number of great pianists (whose names escape me for some reason). And every time I hear it, I break in to sweat. By the time the performance is over, I feel like I just ran a marathon. Thats how much that piece of music moves me.

Boris

Thats cool, Completely Valid and Respectable Oppinion, and you see, taking in youre point what i put in Bold, thats exactly why i like them so much biggrin.gif

I just have a very strong Emotional Connection to Blind Guardian.

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
May 12 2007, 05:58 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 12 2007, 12:05 AM) *
Thats cool, Completely Valid and Respectable Oppinion, and you see, taking in youre point what i put in Bold, thats exactly why i like them so much biggrin.gif

I just have a very strong Emotional Connection to Blind Guardian.

Viva la diferance!!! biggrin.gif

Boris

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 12 2007, 09:02 AM
Instructor
Blind Guardian was one of my favorite bands not a long time ago! Really quality songs, great playing - awesome live shows! What can i say - they are great! And i love Hansi singing! What a strong voice!

Demons&Wizards also kick ass!!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 12 2007, 02:15 PM
Yes i agree 10,000%

The only bad thing is that since Jon Schaffer and Iced Earth are releasing 2 albums in the course of the next year or so, the are going to be touring alot, and blind guardian will probably produce another album,

So the expected release date for the next Demons and Wizards album is 2009

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2007, 01:49 AM
Instructor
Blind Guardian!! I have saw them live in Argentina when they were in the Nightfall's tour. They did a great show in a small club. They are a very profesional band. Hansi has an amazing voice and the guitar players are doing wonderfull melodies all the time.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 14 2007, 12:09 PM
Ahh!!

Maybe you should do a "Blind Guardian Melody" Lesson eh? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
kyeric
May 17 2007, 06:10 PM
I like their earlier stuff better. I have all of their albums.

I'm not into the "power metal" stuff as much, though. However, BG stands out amongst most, if not all, other power metal bands.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 17 2007, 06:15 PM
Yaeh they do, i got all of there albums as well except forgotten tales, and i cant deicide between there earlier stuff or there later stuff, i love the speed and technicality of the early stuff like battalions of fear and follow the blind, but i love the amaizng atmosphere and Epic compositions of the later stuff.

All in all, Blind Guardian do stand out amongst all other power metal bands.

+Quote Post
kyeric
May 18 2007, 12:07 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ May 17 2007, 01:15 PM) *
Yaeh they do, i got all of there albums as well except forgotten tales, and i cant deicide between there earlier stuff or there later stuff, i love the speed and technicality of the early stuff like battalions of fear and follow the blind, but i love the amaizng atmosphere and Epic compositions of the later stuff.

All in all, Blind Guardian do stand out amongst all other power metal bands.

With Blind Guardian, there is something for just about everyone in the complete catalogue.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 18 2007, 04:41 AM
Proves how Versatile they can be as a band and as individual musicians

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 5 2008, 06:09 PM
Instructor
It's the worse band ever !!!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif just jocking 'cos Marcus Siepen is a new GMC instructor !! (that's not a joke !!! smile.gif)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 6 2008, 12:17 AM
Im still im complete awe about it!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
at lights end
Mar 6 2008, 12:33 AM
it's like blind guardian day on GMC. i've never seen so many threads appear at once based on the same thing! laugh.gif
thanks for the links uncreator!

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 6 2008, 12:36 AM
Well i made this thread almost a year ago laugh.gif

+Quote Post
at lights end
Mar 6 2008, 12:40 AM
laugh.gif true, i didn't spot that. but loads of old ones have come back since marcus joined. i was on the main page just now and under "latest forum topics" nearly everything was about blind guardian.

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 6 2008, 07:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 6 2008, 12:36 AM) *
Well i made this thread almost a year ago laugh.gif

yes, but I thought that it would be interesting to post here smile.gif

+Quote Post
Melvyn
Mar 6 2008, 01:26 PM
one of my favourite bands, their new album is really good, though A night at the opera is my favourite album

Brilliant band, full of Epic Steel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 6 2008, 09:18 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (at lights end @ Mar 6 2008, 12:40 AM) *
laugh.gif true, i didn't spot that. but loads of old ones have come back since marcus joined. i was on the main page just now and under "latest forum topics" nearly everything was about blind guardian.

You guys should not be talking about me, grab your guitars and practice tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:23 PM