Ornated Fretboards
Nighthawk1
Feb 1 2008, 05:08 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys , I've seen some players who have guitars with some cool ornaments on their fretboards. I wondered where you can get those guitars. I find it looks great and gives your guitar an individual touch. Does anyone know where you can get those guitars, because if I browse one of those music stores, the guitars look almost the same apart from colour. Do you also know whether you can do it afterwards ?
Thx folks !!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Goliath
Feb 1 2008, 07:15 PM
sounds like you're talking about the tree of life inlay on JEMs. They come that way.

A cheaper "neat" inlay is the flame on the Dean V Inferno

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp...&GroupCode=

It's cheaper, but no where near as nice as a JEM.

I believe the BC Rich Assassin has a neat inlay, as well as some of the ESP LTD guitars. Schecters can have cool inlays, but as for patterns up the neck, you're probably talking about Pavel's JEM.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Feb 1 2008, 07:18 PM
QUOTE (Goliath @ Feb 1 2008, 07:15 PM) *
sounds like you're talking about the tree of life inlay on JEMs. They come that way.

A cheaper "neat" inlay is the flame on the Dean V Inferno

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp...&GroupCode=

It's cheaper, but no where near as nice as a JEM.

I believe the BC Rich Assassin has a neat inlay, as well as some of the ESP LTD guitars. Schecters can have cool inlays, but as for patterns up the neck, you're probably talking about Pavel's JEM.

Yeah, right now I remember I saw that on Pavel's guitar !!! You are right, that is what I mean. And I didn't know that it is called inlay, so thx for that !

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Feb 1 2008, 07:19 PM

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Feb 1 2008, 07:25 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Feb 1 2008, 04:08 PM) *
Hey guys , I've seen some players who have guitars with some cool ornaments on their fretboards. I wondered where you can get those guitars. I find it looks great and gives your guitar an individual touch. Does anyone know where you can get those guitars, because if I browse one of those music stores, the guitars look almost the same apart from colour. Do you also know whether you can do it afterwards ?
Thx folks !!!!

That's a hard question to answer. It kinda depends on what you're looking and and what you have in mind. A lot of signature have custom inlays (ESP's James Hetfield signatures, for example). The Ibanez JEM7VWH Vai signature (See Pavel's lessons) has an emaborate inlay design that Ibanez has been using since the 70's on its top end guitars. The upper-end PRS guitars usually have bird inlays.

You don't see elaborate inlays as much because the more detailed it is, the more expensive it is to do.

If money's no object, you can go Custom Shop and gey your guitar built from the ground up however you want usually. Could save some by getting a body you like then getting a custom neck.

I don't think you can get inlays added like that to an existing guitar without pulling off and replacing the fretboard. No idea what that would cost.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:02 PM