Prestige Ibanez For $500
Marshmall0wz
Apr 22 2009, 06:13 PM
GMC:er
Hey I have been offered this Ibanez RGA121 for $500. Just wanted all your thoughts. What are Ibanez/Dimarzio Pickups like? Thanks.
http://www.gordonlasalle.com/servlet/the-4...c-Guitar/Detail

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 22 2009, 06:18 PM
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Apr 22 2009, 10:13 AM) *
Hey I have been offered this Ibanez RGA121 for $500. Just wanted all your thoughts. What are Ibanez/Dimarzio Pickups like? Thanks.
http://www.gordonlasalle.com/servlet/the-4...c-Guitar/Detail

that guitar is fun to play with..the pick ups arent bad at all...but everyone has different tastes....never get a guitarbased on its pick ups or sound (thats the easiest and cheapest thing to change)....get it for its playability which that one has!

EDIT

that one has V series pick ups...they are cool sounding too...i remember hearing about a band who recorded an entire album with stock ibanez V pick ups...

anyways $500 is a steal, go for it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Marc_Maiden: Apr 22 2009, 06:20 PM

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Apr 22 2009, 06:33 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Is it new or used?

If it´s new it sounds like a nice price, and since you save loads you can buy decent pickups for it, but if it´s used be sure to check everything because it´s a fishy price.

Anywho, even the same 2 factory-made models sound and feel different so you will only know if you like it when you try it.

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Apr 22 2009, 09:44 PM
Go for it, it's a beauty.

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Apr 23 2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks guys, I think I'll look for some demos.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Apr 24 2009, 03:06 AM
I have one...
look at the bridge pins, on mine they are either worn or machined really poorly. They tilt towards the nut and I can not adjust intonation properly because of this. It is visable if you look at the bridge pins from the side.
I got mine for 400.00 usd used.

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Apr 24 2009, 08:28 PM
QUOTE (USAMAN @ Apr 23 2009, 10:06 PM) *
I have one...
look at the bridge pins, on mine they are either worn or machined really poorly. They tilt towards the nut and I can not adjust intonation properly because of this. It is visable if you look at the bridge pins from the side.
I got mine for 400.00 usd used.

Thanks man I'll check that out

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 06:27 AM