What To Practice Next?
mattacuk
Sep 25 2008, 09:11 AM
Lets go fishing!
Ok so I will have been with GMC nearly two years and when I joined up I was completely brand new to the guitar. Over the past two years I have seen my skills progress well, and never felt bored with my practice routine.

I have mainly been practicing the harder lessons, level 8 & 9. This past year I have been concentrating on Muris's alternate picking lesson, Paul Gilbert Lesson no1, and most recently Marcus's neoclassical etude no2.

So, my picking skills I feel are strong, im accurate and im used to timeing changes. But Im not sure what to progress to next. Should I practice some more GMC lessons? or should I learn a peice of music that I like next.

I have avoided up untill now practicing non GMC stuff for two reasons:

1. With GMC lessons I can see the correct fingering (which to me is very important, as you dont get this on a random tab)

2. I have always seen good progress learning GMC solos and etudes, so not had much reason to change.

But i feel now is the time to branch out perhaps?

Im not at all into Metal (unless its like Racer - X style ), or even classic Rock. I do however LOVE Neo Classical like Yngwies Far beyond the sun, Adagio, Icarus Dream, or blue for example. I also totally dig "real classical" music on eletric guitar, much like alot of the bach peices Paul Gilbert plays on the Guitars from Mars video - im a total bach nut !

I sometimes wonder if I should be playing the piano or violin laugh.gif laugh.gif

So my question is, what would you Instructors and students recommend I progress to playing next? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:17 PM