Recording Song, In progress
Victor Simion
Mar 11 2020, 08:22 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi, I want to share with you everything from guitar tone to backing tracks.

Feel free to create another guitar tone, another backing track, or to record on this one.

Let me know what you think I need to improve.

This is the recording in progress, it's almost done, except for the solo guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  02___Song_Backing_Track.mp3 ( 3.32MB ) Number of downloads: 153
Attached File  02___Song_Backing_Track_Rhythm.wav ( 36.58MB ) Number of downloads: 180
Attached File  02___Song_Backing_Track_Lead___First_Half.mp3 ( 8.3MB ) Number of downloads: 159
Attached File  Guitar_Tone.zip ( 10.5K ) Number of downloads: 138
Attached File  02___Song.gp5 ( 31.88K ) Number of downloads: 135

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 12 2020, 12:26 AM
GMC:er
Super congrats! It's coming together and sound very cool! I really dig the guitar harmony lead bit! Ties everything together. Writing songs and solos is a great way to expand your skills. I hope this is the first of many. I think you just wrote the first track for your first album! You can release tracks through reverbnation.com and have them put on itunes and spotify! Also distrokid.com is another way. It's never been a better time to be a musician!

Keep going on this one and keep us updated! It's coming along great! Dig your tone as well! Is there a bass guitar in there somewhere? If so, maybe put it a bit louder in the mix? Drums and guitars are working great!!

Todd

quote name='Victor Simion' date='Mar 11 2020, 03:22 PM' post='775556']
Hi, I want to share with you everything from guitar tone to backing tracks.

Feel free to create another guitar tone, another backing track, or to record on this one.

Let me know what you think I need to improve.

This is the recording in progress, it's almost done, except for the solo guitar.
[/quote]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2020, 04:32 AM
Instructor
Hi Victor!!

Cool track! This reminds me to the band Running Wild. Is it an influence?? If not, you should check them! smile.gif

I like the style and the guitar work. I would dedicate now some more time to make the drum grooves more interesting and maybe try some rhythm guitar variations.

Have you checked my 40 power metal bands medley? or my Power Metal series? I think that you can borrow some ideas from those lessons.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 13 2020, 08:59 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi all

Thank you for your help.

I took Todd's advice and made the bass a little louder.
The bass is played only by computer. I hope the bass can be heard now
The bass is not playing like the rhythm guitar in this song, I tried to make it a little more interesting, so it was a shame that you couldn't hear it all.

I took Gabriel advice and made the drums different.

I recorded the solo, the solo it's not entirely learned so I think it needs improvement, I recorded 2 guitars for the solo and put them one over another that's why in some parts it is louder, but I like how it sounds. Not sure if it's a good idea since it's not consistent.

Last thing:
Overall the song I am not sure it's perfectly on time.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Backing_Track___LEAD___FINAL.mp3 ( 8.44MB ) Number of downloads: 106

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 13 2020, 10:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 13 2020, 08:59 PM) *
Hi all

Thank you for your help.

The bass is not playing like the rhythm guitar in this song, I tried to make it a little more interesting, so it was a shame that you couldn't hear it all.

I recorded the solo, the solo it's not entirely learned so I think it needs improvement, I recorded 2 guitars for the solo and put them one over another that's why in some parts it is louder, but I like how it sounds. Not sure if it's a good idea since it's not consistent.

Last thing:
the whole song seems off , almost like you might have recorded on time and then bumped something off ..Mute the bass and then slide the drum track to try to line it up with the guitars , then you will need to realign the bass

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 15 2020, 09:17 PM
It sounds very good! You have come a long way! I really like the lead through line. I think you have your first song for your first album!!! I might suggest a "mastering" pass where you run the entire song through a compresser and E.Q. There are lots of mastering tools. Izotop ozone makes one. It' preps the song to be ready for distribution!

Todd

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 13 2020, 03:59 PM) *
Hi all

Thank you for your help.

Last thing:

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Mar 16 2020, 05:55 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 15 2020, 08:17 PM) *
It sounds very good! You have come a long way! I really like the lead through line. I think you have your first song for your first album!!! I might suggest a "mastering" pass where you run the entire song through a compresser and E.Q. There are lots of mastering tools. Izotop ozone makes one. It' preps the song to be ready for distribution!

Todd

Thank you

I think my song sounds pretty similar to this one but I wan't thinking at this song or I haven't copied the notes, so I hope is not counted as plagiarism.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2020, 02:37 AM
It does!!! You are in good company there my friend!!!!! I'm really glad to see you writing entire songs and putting them together. It's the entire point of everything we are doing here after all!! The goal is to make music and express yourself. It's a never ending journey where you learn new things along the way every gnnle day!!!! Keep it up smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Mar 16 2020, 12:55 PM) *
Thank you

I think my song sounds pretty similar to this one but I wan't thinking at this song or I haven't copied the notes, so I hope is not counted as plagiarism.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:14 PM