How Much Drive Space Is Enough?
Todd Simpson
Aug 14 2014, 05:43 AM
GMC:er
Recently I realized I'd reached a semi nutty level of drive storage and I started to transition to cloud based storage. I had two drives fail on the same day which was unprecedented and it made me reconsider my entire strategy. So going from ...
Attached Image

and trimming everything down a bit, which took a couple of weeks to be honest. I'd kept stuff that I just had no use for and it was time to clear it out. I burned anything I thought I might need later to DVD and current stuff all went to a new PRO 100 PLAN at DROPBOX.com

I've got 100 Gigs online at dropbox and after cleaning house, I've reduced all my data to less than half that!! I didn't realize how much stuff I'd just kept around just in case and I had two copies of ALL OF IT. Because I had a backup drive for every drive I had running. So I was duplicating data that I didn't use anymore.

What's great about cloud storage is that they do the backups for you and you can have access to all the files on any computer you have. I must say, this transition has really allowed me to see the value of "cloud storage" in a practical, daily, kind of way. The plan runs around $10 a month which is around $120 per year so we will see how it goes as things progress smile.gif

Anyone else jumped in to the cloud?

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:07 PM