> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >  
Anese's Thread, for Gab's Army
Anese
Jul 22 2019, 01:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Gabby

Thank you so much for suggesting those cool lessons.. even though those lessons have most of the techniques in the the songs i wanted to learn but for some reason i can not feel the same grove. but you know what ill go for it .. I'll learn how to utilize these techniques for my own liking in the future.

i can not go through all the lessons as this is too much to learn at the same time plus the level is a bit high for my current level so i'll narrow the list as follows: (I hope you will agree with me)

- for rhythm i ll go for both of the lessons:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Thrash-Like-Mustaine/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...ower-galloping/

- for alternate technique we go for both of the lessons as well but first we will start with the linear picking one then we move to the Yngwie runs

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Linear-Shred-Zone/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Yngwie-Malmsteen-Runs/

- for sweep picking i'll have to pass the one you suggested since that would be too much for me to handle at this time and instead we go with the bonus licks in the previous masters of sweep lesson. what do you say ?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Masters-of-Sweeping/

- The legato lesson you suggested seems too complicated. can you find something easier and satrianish ?

Thanks a lot for your help my friend, I couldn't have reached this level without your guidance

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 17 2019, 03:54 PM) *
Hi Anese! Cool stuff!

I've watched both songs and the main techniques used there are:

- Alternate Picking
- Sweep Picking
- Legato
- Right hand Metal Rhythm
- Vibrato

We have lots of lessons covering these techniques in those styles.

For rhythm:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...ower-galloping/

Alternate Picking:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Linear-Shred-Zone/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Yngwie-Malmsteen-Runs/

Sweep Picking:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Yngwie...teen-Arpeggios/

Legato:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato-stamina/

Most of these lessons are a bit advanced. You can use the licks as exercises to slowly increase your technique speed, or we can search for easier lessons covering these concepts. OR we can do both! Let me know what you think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 22 2019, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Great Anese!! I'm really proud mate! smile.gif

I think that "Master of Sweeping" is a good option. What about these series for legato?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Anese
Aug 1 2019, 03:22 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm glad that you liked my take in the Blues as a tool collab Tobic.

As for the Legato lessons you suggested i'll pick the Intermediate one. since we worked on the beginner one before
here's my take
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry719557

Now I'll have to think of a practice schedule for these lessons anything in mind ?

Thanks buddy,

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 22 2019, 03:15 PM) *
Great Anese!! I'm really proud mate! smile.gif

I think that "Master of Sweeping" is a good option. What about these series for legato?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...g_intermediate/

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 2 2019, 03:33 PM
Instructor
Warming up: 5/10 minutes

Rhythm: 2x15 (2 blocks of 15 minutes)

Alternate Picking: 2x15

Sweep Picking: 2x15

Legato: 2x15

Then, 20 minutes of jamming or just playing random stuff for fun. If you can't play 2 hours a day, you can make 1x15 of any or all the concepts.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Aug 26 2019, 09:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby

Thanks for the advice

During the recent days i kept focusing more on the Mustain lesson and the Ben bonus licks from the (Masters of sweeping) lesson.
I started working on the first bonus sweep lick (part 17)
here Ben plays the lick at 120 PBM, where he keeps playing each inversion group at one single beat (6 triplet notes per beat) which makes it more fast.

here I added a video recording my self while trying to build a practice strategy for this lick.
I'm practicing around 80 BPM, trying to isolate each block (a group of six notes) then connect it to the next one.
sometimes you will note that i start playing before the beat, but what I like to share more is how i'm practicing this one and what kind of strategy i'm following to be able to play this as flawless as possible.
please watch and let me know if you have any more ideas to how to practice and approach this lesson.

further more i previously this song to work on.
it's an old song that i need to play the singing line on guitar, and maybe fill the gabs in between with some other licks.
at first i need to figure what key is this song in, to pick the right scales and modes for it.
so where do i start with ? there's no guitar here.

also please note that i'm not interested to play along the song since it's not suitable for guitar, but i'm trying to get the singing line to be played as a melody on the guitar. then maybe i'll try find (or create) a suitable backing track for itز

that's it for now buddy, I'll keep you updated

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2019, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Great stuff here!! smile.gif

I've watched your practice video and it's exactly what I did to master Sweep Picking technique. If possible, practice continuos loops too. For example when you play the three arpeggios and then stop, try getting playing the idea in reverse and get back to the first arpeggio. This type of variations will help you master this technique.

I also remember practicing 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 sweeps arpeggios during the same period of time. Each of them helped the other.

About the song... I think that it's a good exercise to do what you want. The first thing that you need to do is to learn and simplify the chord progression for each part, and it possible record it to work on lead guitars. This is not an easy job because most of the parts only have a walking bass. This means that you need to understand what's the chord that works over each bass pattern.

In order to help you I'd like to say that the song is in Am, but A harmonic minor also works in most of the parts. These three chords are the most used: Am, Dm and E.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 12 2020, 04:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby
How’re you doing buddy? i Hope you and your beloved ones are safe and doing very well during this global pandemic.
It’s been a while since I posted any updates..

I’ve been mainly working on these two lessons for the past months :
this one seems pretty straight forward and easy to play but once you start
reaching 130 bpm it gets a bit tough, specially with that blues legato lick.
Here I uploaded a video playing the first five parts of the lesson at 150 bpm.

Let me know your thought about the tone and the over all playing.

The second lesson im working on is the (malmsteen runs lesson)

I started working on the first and third parts of the lesson.
Here’s a session tyring to play the 1st part at 230 bpm.
Sorry you cant hear the metronome beats on the interface recording, so I uploaded the same clip with the phone mic recording so you can hear the metronome beats, i also cut the unnecessary parts to make these two video as short as possible

and here’s a session working on the third part of the lesson where it switch from alternate picking to economy picking,

let me know what you think and stay safe wink.gif

thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2020, 06:19 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for these videos!

I can see that the main thing to work here is hands sync. This issue appears in both lead and rhythm guitar lessons/exercises. It's happening when playing fast alternate picking parts. I think that this parts (faster sections in Trash lesson and all parts in other lessons) need to be practiced at slower tempos to be able to put both hands on perfect synchronization.

The key is to practice this sounding clean and clear, focusing on making movements the smaller possible and increase speed gradually. It's good to try fast (uncomfortable) tempos for some minutes but most of your time should be at a more comfortable tempo.

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 13 2020, 09:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabby

I appreciate your detailed notes about those videos. Thank you.

I see what you mean. But the main problem is that I don’t feel that I’m aware of the hand syncing issue in my playing. It is as if I’m completely deaf about it.
First I need to train my self how to feel it to become aware of it, so then I’ll be able to work on fixing it.

Also regarding playing in lower tempos, for some reason I feel that it’s pointless to play at very low tempos, for instance if the original tempo is 150 bpm, and I start practicing at lets say 70 bpm, that would sound and feel like a total different thing to me.
Anyway, I suggest that I lower the tempo to 110 bpm for the Trash Lesson, practice at that tempo for a while and then post a vid at 110 and we see if there’s still hand syncing issues or not. And we gradually raise the tempo and work my way up, I’ll be posting a video each time I reach 10 bpm of the starting tempo.

And for the Malmsteen Runs Lesson I’ll start at 170 as a starting point and see how it goes.

Let me know if the tones for both lessons are good or not.
Do you suggest to practice with those tons? ..or practice with a clean tone to be able to hear the notes more clearly ?

If you have any other suggestions please let me know

Thank you again for your help

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2020, 06:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Anese @ Jun 13 2020, 05:20 AM) *
I see what you mean. But the main problem is that I don’t feel that I’m aware of the hand syncing issue in my playing. It is as if I’m completely deaf about it.
First I need to train my self how to feel it to become aware of it, so then I’ll be able to work on fixing it.

Are you able to hear sync issues when watching your videos? Do you notice that fast picking lines are not clean and clear?

Also regarding playing in lower tempos, for some reason I feel that it’s pointless to play at very low tempos, for instance if the original tempo is 150 bpm, and I start practicing at lets say 70 bpm, that would sound and feel like a total different thing to me.
Anyway, I suggest that I lower the tempo to 110 bpm for the Trash Lesson, practice at that tempo for a while and then post a vid at 110 and we see if there’s still hand syncing issues or not. And we gradually raise the tempo and work my way up, I’ll be posting a video each time I reach 10 bpm of the starting tempo.

You don't need to practice at very low tempos. You need to practice at a tempo that you still can think on both hands movement, to keep them in sync and to habituate your hands to go tight together.

Neither you need to practice a lot of time at the same slow tempo, you need to increase tempo by adding 5/10 bpm once you feel comfortable.

Finally, you don't need to practice the whole lesson at slow tempo, you need to isolate the faster tricky sections and practice this parts as a loop over drum loop, backing or metrome.

Let me know if the tones for both lessons are good or not.
Do you suggest to practice with those tons? ..or practice with a clean tone to be able to hear the notes more clearly ?

Your tone is good for practice.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 18 2020, 08:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 14 2020, 07:52 PM) *
Are you able to hear sync issues when watching your videos? Do you notice that fast picking lines are not clean and clear?

As for the Malmsteen lesson, when i first started practicing it, I started with a slow tempo (80 BPM), and as I increased the tempo each time by 4 beats, i noticed that as i reached faster tempos (140 BPM) some of the notes sound as if i was playing them muted, i thought to myself that was just a byproduct of playing in fast tempos and the notes sounded like that because i was playing them fast and there's nothing to worry about.
till later on when i posted my update videos and you pointed that issue.
I'm not upset about this Gabby, making mistakes is a part of the learning process and thanks to you for pointing out that issue.
though, i do regret not updating you with some videos back then as i started practicing with faster and faster tempos instead of going all the way up by myself without seeking your feed back, so we could've dealt with this issue earlier.
haha i gotta admit it's a bit of a painful price to pay.

however, in past days i lowered the practicing tempos for those two lessons, 150 for the malmsteen lesson and 100 for the trash lesson. i can't say that it's 100% comfortable for me to play in those tempos but somehow they feel ok for me.
and also i'm still a little skeptical whether everything in right on spot or not.
here i uploaded a short video with some pits of the sections I played in my previous videos at those slow tempos mentioned above.

let me know what you think

thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2020, 02:43 PM
Instructor
That's a good tempo! You can play the licks tight at this speed. The next step is to try to minimize your hands movements, mostly your right hand up and down which can be smaller. At this speed you'll be able to economize movements and play like this for a while until it becomes natural. Then, you can slowly increase tempo.

Step by step, that's the secret!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 21 2020, 09:51 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 19 2020, 03:43 PM) *
The next step is to try to minimize your hands movements, mostly your right hand up and down which can be smaller.

By Right hand, you mean my picking hand?
i'm a lefty, i had to make sure, sorry

my practicing routine now is playing those licks at 100 pbm go up to 150 (back and forth)
next update video in next weeks will be playing those licks at 170 pbm

tnx

This post has been edited by Anese: Jun 21 2020, 09:52 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 21 2020, 09:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Anese @ Jun 21 2020, 05:51 AM) *
By Right hand, you mean my picking hand?
i'm a lefty, i had to make sure, sorry

my practicing routine now is playing those licks at 100 pbm go up to 150 (back and forth)
next update video in next weeks will be playing those licks at 170 pbm

tnx

haha sorry!! yeah! Your left hand, picking hand. laugh.gif I'm so used to say right hand when referring to picking hand.

Thanks for the update!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 5 2020, 07:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gab
here's a new update video, in last update the malmsteen licks were played at 150 bpm, now im playing them at 170, and the trash lesson was played at 100 bpm and now im playing it at 120.
let me know what you think
Thanks buddy biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2020, 10:38 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese!

Great job here! Now your hands are both synchronized so you won't get used to bad habits. The next step would be to try to make your left hand feel more comfortable with patterns and slowly make the fingers stay closer to the fretboard. This will be possible with more days and repetition, but I think that now you are on the right track! Well done.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 6 2020, 07:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gab
I will work on the things you pointed out.
next update will be, playing the malms licks at 190 pbm and the trash lesson at 130 pbm, your mentoring is truly effective,
you're doing a great thing for me.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 7 2020, 02:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! I'm really happy to read this mate! smile.gif

Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Sep 2 2020, 12:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby
I hope your'e doing great
here's a video update
I'm playing the malmsteen licks at 192 bpm and the the trash riffs at 132 bpm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y3a5akMTMM
Let me know what you think
Thanks

This post has been edited by Anese: Sep 2 2020, 12:13 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2020, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! I'll insert your video here so we have it as reference:

I compared this one with your previous take and the improvements are very clear! I mostly think that your left hand is now moving much less. It seems that you are getting more comfortable with the patterns. In other words, you are doing an excellent job and there is off course more to do so please continue practicing.

Can you tell me exactly what other things you are practicing right now and how much time each day?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:37 AM