D.a.d (disneyland After Dark) Style Lesson, Maybe A Lesson?
Dreamcatcher
Jan 14 2009, 02:45 PM
GMC:er
I was wondering if maybe any of you instructors out there may love this band (D.A.D - Disneyland after Dark)....I Do and was wondering if maybe we could get a lesson on thier style. In particular I love the sounds and style they produced on the no fuel left for the pilgrims cd. Songs like sleeping my day away , grow or pay ,girl nation ..and Laugh n a Half ..Is it a possibility to get a style lesson from these guys?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 14 2009, 02:57 PM
Instructor
I'v never heard about them.. I check them now. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 14 2009, 03:09 PM
They weren't huge like AC DC however They probably should have been bigger..its probably a record label or something...they were prime in the 80's ..but very little known. I heard them once and thought they were the coolest..then i started having my friends listen to them..they loved them as well...everyone I have ever had listen to them has thought they were pretty good back then...so I must think its all in the promoting. The best part about thier sound is its like rock n roll with a odd but melodic old country twist to it...like the theme to bonanza or some wild west show... I get a kick out of that twist really.

Heres a vid for anyone else who's wondering what I am talking about...the intro has that guitar with the western feel to it

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 15 2009, 01:49 AM
Jazz Instructor
The name of the band is brilliant.

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 15 2009, 08:01 AM
Learning Roadie
aaah.. it's one of our great great bands (in denmark where i used to live), that never made it outside the country..

apparently though, they did manage to get a few fans outside.. it's awesome.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Koopid
Jan 15 2009, 08:30 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Jan 15 2009, 08:01 AM) *
aaah.. it's one of our great great bands (in denmark where i used to live), that never made it outside the country..

apparently though, they did manage to get a few fans outside.. it's awesome.. smile.gif

They were pretty big in Sweden aswell actually smile.gif

(I am more impressed people found Tad Morose to be honest, hehe)

This post has been edited by Koopid: Jan 15 2009, 08:30 AM

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 15 2009, 06:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Never heard about them but judging from the video clip they are really good ! Gonna try to get some of their albums smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jan 15 2009, 07:08 PM
Learning Roadie
The band started back in '82, so they have quite a number of years on their backs.. smile.gif

btw.. this is the band that has that guy with all those wicked bass's

+Quote Post
kasper
Jan 15 2009, 07:36 PM
they got sued by Disneyland by having the name Disneyland after Dark tongue.gif so now its just DAD rolleyes.gif

EDIT: yeah it is them with the weird bass played(he cut two strings of his bass for some reason)

This post has been edited by kasper: Jan 15 2009, 07:37 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:38 AM