Legato/arpeggio Prob
kjutte
Apr 18 2008, 11:09 PM
GMC:er
ok, I see tony mac and michael romeo, they can do an arpeggio sweep with just the lefthand, without getting any fuzz at all. also, in legato, they change strings without getting fuzz. what's the mutingtrick here? I have pretty much given up on legato becuase I don't understand how the muting goes. also, when doing legato runs with tapping (goes with arpeggios too) how do I mute here, so I won't get fuzz?

alot of funky questions here, sorry tongue.gif

Edit: I read that you anchor your R-hand to the bridge. is that also when sweeping?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kjutte: Apr 18 2008, 11:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Muris Varajic
Apr 19 2008, 01:03 AM
Instructor
There are 2 most important things when we are talk about those kind of licks,tone and control.

Why tone?
Well if it's some digital unit it'd be really hard to perform those lick that clean,
tone by itself is too noisy and muddy and you cannot control it well.
So it's great to have nice and healthy sound with good attack and articulation,
it usually comes when you're playing through an amp and cabinet,dynamic is what we actually need here.

And now control.
Of course,it comes with lot of practicing,on your own gear of course.
It means control on many aspects:your tone,fingerboard,strings reaction,muting etc.

Muting is probably what interest you the most.
It's muting with both hands,right hand palm muting and left hand muting.
And with good control of your left hand you wont be doing unneeded motions to provoke noise,
your fingers will be moving just enough to get the sound you want without messing around.

So,practicing. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:21 AM