Easy Classic Rock Songs?
lefty01
Nov 18 2007, 06:01 AM
GMC:er
Hi everyone.
I have my power chords , barre chords and a few scales down. I was wondering, what "easy" classic rock and metal songs would you recomend to start playing. I'm tired of just coming up with my own riffs. I want to be able to play a song (the rhythms only), all the way from start to finish. Any ideas? unsure.gif
I'm really not into soloing..yet. Just the riff/rhythms would enought...for now. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lefty01: Nov 18 2007, 06:02 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
Rock
Nov 18 2007, 06:05 AM
QUOTE (lefty01 @ Nov 18 2007, 12:01 AM) *
Hi everyone.
I have my power chords , barre chords and a few scales down. I was wondering, what "easy" classic rock and metal songs would you recomend to start playing. I'm tired of just coming up with my own riffs. I want to be able to play a song (the rhythms only), all the way from start to finish. Any ideas? unsure.gif
I'm really not into soloing..yet. Just the riff/rhythms would enought...for now. smile.gif

I have found that a lot of the older Black Sabbath tunes are fairly basic and not very fast. Iron Man, War Pigs, Paranoid, Black Sabbath. One of my favorites from Technical Ecstacy is You Won't Change Me - very easy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 18 2007, 06:08 AM
Of course Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple.

+Quote Post
lefty01
Nov 18 2007, 06:10 AM
QUOTE (Rock @ Nov 18 2007, 12:05 AM) *
I have found that a lot of the older Black Sabbath tunes are fairly basic and not very fast. Iron Man, War Pigs, Paranoid, Black Sabbath. One of my favorites from Technical Ecstacy is You Won't Change Me - very easy.

Thanks! Thats a great start. I like Sabbath. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 18 2007, 06:55 AM
Black Sabbath - Supernaut is REALLY freakin awesome and pretty easy to play.

I suppose anything from AC/DC aswell, not sure.

+Quote Post
spdalton
Nov 18 2007, 06:58 AM
Yeah AC/DC songs like Sin City, Givin the Dog a Bone, Back in Black is pretty easy as well with a bit of practice.

Some Led Zeppelin songs are pretty easy as well, such as Whole Lotta Love and Communication Breakdown.

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
stratman33
Nov 18 2007, 06:59 AM
Lots of AC/DC songs, if you like new metal, you should check out bullet for my valentine.

btw why is this in Gear?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 18 2007, 07:44 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Nov 18 2007, 06:08 AM) *
Of course Smoke On The Water by Deep Purple.

a classic biggrin.gif

Cream - Sunshine of your love
ZZ top - Tush
Beatles - Come together
forgot their name? - Song2

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Nov 18 2007, 07:48 AM
Here's some metal. If you want a little bit more of a challenge learn The Trooper by Iron Maiden; it's not too bad until you get to the solo.Also try learning Phantom Lord and the Four Horsemen by Metallica. The riffs arn't too hard but the solos are pretty fast.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 18 2007, 07:55 AM
The main riffs from Crazy Train are also fairly easy.

AC/DC
Aerosmith
The Beatles
Black Sabbath
Bon Jovi
Def Leppard
Deep Purple
The Eagles
Eric Clapton
Guns N' Roses
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Kiss
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Megadeth
Metallica
Motley Crue
Nirvana
Ozzy
Pearl Jam
Pink Floyd
Queen
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rush
Scorpions
Twisted Sister
Van Halen
Velvet Revolver
The Yardbirds

All of these bands have easy or intermediate rhythm guitar playing in certain songs and are also for the most part in the classic rock genre.

This post has been edited by Unleash-The-Shred: Nov 18 2007, 08:00 AM

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Nov 18 2007, 07:57 AM
Instructor
you start with AC~DC /deep purple

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Nov 18 2007, 07:58 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 17 2007, 10:44 PM) *
a classic biggrin.gif

Cream - Sunshine of your love
ZZ top - Tush
Beatles - Come together
forgot their name? - Song2

I think you're taking about Blur...

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 18 2007, 07:59 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Zephyr @ Nov 18 2007, 07:58 AM) *
I think you're taking about Blur...

Yeah, that's it! Thanks.

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Nov 18 2007, 08:02 AM
These are the first songs that I learned how to play...very easy but sound real cool...(if you like Cinderella)
Somebody Save Me
Push Push

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 18 2007, 08:06 AM
These links may also help.

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthrea...=beginner+songs
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthrea...=beginner+songs

+Quote Post
lefty01
Nov 18 2007, 11:42 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the great input. You all gave me plenty to work on. THANKS!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Nov 18 2007, 01:53 PM
You guys are forgetting some of the "true" classic rock songs!

Try the riff to All Right Now (by Free) and China Grove (Doobie Brothers).

Also, Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas. Those should keep you busy for a while

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 18 2007, 06:04 PM
Lets go fishing!
Dont forget garbiels awsmome rock lesson libary!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:48 PM