Could Use A Little Help, Cool writing for tattoo
-Zion-
Mar 2 2009, 08:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi everyone..

For my 25th birthday my girlfriend gave me some money for a tattoo (my second tattoo).. Back then i was talking about getting a tattoo with my name on either the lower back, the upper back or lower arm..

I took forever to decide where to put it, how it should be and eventually ended up not doing it.. you should not get a tattoo if you aren't 110% sure.. tongue.gif

Now that i am turning 30 and i've gotten a little baby girl the thought of the tattoo has come up again, but instead of using my own name i wanted to get it with my daughters name..

right now i am pretty much set on it being on the lower left arm, so all i need now is some cool writing, and i was perhaps wondering if anyone of the killer artists that we have here at GMC might be able to help me out with this part?

Also, perhaps a small discussion on the pros and cons of having tattoo's.

For those who might give it a try my daughters name is Isabella

Thank you all in advance

edit: perhaps the name with something to underline it.. perhaps two dragons (not a super detailed, but rather just outlined) meeting in the middle.. dunno..

edit 2: text like this maybe?
Text 1
Text 2

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Mar 2 2009, 09:03 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 3 2009, 03:34 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I actually had my daughter, son and wife's first initial put on my arm. I drew it myself and incorporated the letters into a tribal style armband. Good luck on finding that perfect one man, they are forever! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 3 2009, 08:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hmm maybe you could discuss this with the artist in the shop you are going to do the tattoo..I'm sure they will give you some great ideas and sketches..And they are the ones that will "draw" it.. smile.gif Its a very good idea to get daughters name as a tattoo.

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 3 2009, 08:22 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 3 2009, 08:50 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Mar 2 2009, 07:38 PM) *
For those who might give it a try my daughters name is Isabella

edit 2: text like this maybe?
Text 1
Text 2

I'll see what I can come up with. I design Tribal and Celtic style Tattoos already!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Roadside
Mar 3 2009, 08:52 PM
Good luck man, your daughter will be proud, when she´s old enough to understand what you did wink.gif

anyway, I can´t paint tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Roadside: Mar 3 2009, 08:52 PM

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 4 2009, 12:03 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I´d love to give it a try, but it´ll have to wait until I get home from vacation on saturday..
If you haven´t decided until then, let me know and I´ll do my best to make you one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 4 2009, 01:32 AM
Instructor
There was a post about tattoos here in the forum with some awsome ones, maybe you could get some ideas from there biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 4 2009, 01:41 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hmmm, I`ve often had the thoughtf putting my daughters name as a tattoo, main problem is I already have 6 tat`s all on my arms and just can never decide exactly where I`d put it.

I`ve only had one job where it was a problem and I wasnt allowed to wear short sleeved shirts, it was fair enough as it was dealing everyday with the general public and lots of people dont like them and stereotype you for them, other than that, just make sure its the design you really want, as Skenny says, they really are forever, I have two that I now regret and am considering getting them covered up with something else.

cant help you with a design I`m afraid, I`m rubbish with stuff like that, but I`m sure you`vbe asked in the right place as we have many talented artists here smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Matich
Mar 4 2009, 01:47 AM
K man, check this out, you really might like it.
http://www.wowtattoos.com/

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Mar 4 2009, 09:54 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Mar 4 2009, 12:03 AM) *
I´d love to give it a try, but it´ll have to wait until I get home from vacation on saturday..
If you haven´t decided until then, let me know and I´ll do my best to make you one smile.gif

no worries.. i am not in a hurry.. only do it if you dont have anything to do and like to stuff like that.. smile.gif
My uncle also wanted to give it a try..

QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 4 2009, 01:41 AM) *
hmmm, I`ve often had the thoughtf putting my daughters name as a tattoo, main problem is I already have 6 tat`s all on my arms and just can never decide exactly where I`d put it.

I`ve only had one job where it was a problem and I wasnt allowed to wear short sleeved shirts, it was fair enough as it was dealing everyday with the general public and lots of people dont like them and stereotype you for them, other than that, just make sure its the design you really want, as Skenny says, they really are forever, I have two that I now regret and am considering getting them covered up with something else.

cant help you with a design I`m afraid, I`m rubbish with stuff like that, but I`m sure you`vbe asked in the right place as we have many talented artists here smile.gif

Some jobs are just not tattoo friendly, and while it may be "discriminating", if loosing customers by having a guy (or girl) with tattoos serving people (or whatever), well no wonder they dont want them..

I already have a tattoo (right shoulder joint?) and i have no regrets about it.. also like i've mentioned i first thought about this 6 years ago, but was not sure enough.. so didn't do it.. now its up again, but this time its something else.. my daughter.. biggrin.gif

I want it on my lower left arm (inner side), but I am "lucky" to have a job that doesn't require me to have contact with customers, and if i do, i will usually be in a suit.

it *is* funny though how "we" are put in boxes because of peoples belief of how people with certain things (in this case tattoos) are thought to be..

I am a software architect / programmer and i usually sit and program or do "architect" stuff all day long.. while most people begin to see me as the geek behind the computer screen, when i tell them i play guitar, i am no longer a geek, now i am kinda cool.. when they learn about my tattoo i am still cool.. but now i am "bad to the bone" cool.. haha..

funny though, i dont think things like this has happened to my girlfriend.. she has 3 tattoos (or 4.. cant remember).. tongue.gif
must be different for guys and girls.. or else it must be the designs (skulls/fire/general EVILNESS) guys wish to have, compared to designs (ponys/flowers) that girls usually wants..

hahaha.. i am exagerating, stereotyping and, of course, kidding.. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Matich @ Mar 4 2009, 01:47 AM) *
K man, check this out, you really might like it.
http://www.wowtattoos.com/

wow.. lots of tats.. thanks.. i'll check it out.. smile.gif
edit: although they are quite well done i find it difficult to actually see whats written.. i'd like my daughter to be able to see what is written when the time comes..

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Mar 4 2009, 09:59 AM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 4 2009, 12:15 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
laugh.gif your probably right, in fairness I have the grim reaper on one arm and a chinese fiery dragon on the other laugh.gif

you`ve got me thinking about this again myself too laugh.gif I`ll blame you when the time comes and my wife says "oh not another one!!" laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Mar 4 2009, 02:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 4 2009, 12:15 PM) *
laugh.gif your probably right, in fairness I have the grim reaper on one arm and a chinese fiery dragon on the other laugh.gif

you`ve got me thinking about this again myself too laugh.gif I`ll blame you when the time comes and my wife says "oh not another one!!" laugh.gif

oh noes.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 4 2009, 03:34 PM
Me, i have the artistic talent of your average three year old so no help to you there buddy. of the two designs you have suggested the second one looks good and has nice flowing lines that would shape your daughters name well.
i too have a tattoo on my left upper arm, got it done when i was in the navy at the tender age of sixteen (yeah i lied and was drunk) no regrets though as it is quite an original tattoo in the sense that i comnined three seperate designs. unlike my fellow shipmates who got the usual naked lady, bulldog, union jack etc..
will never get another one tough. good luck in your desicion

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:23 PM