Alive Solo
bleez
Feb 27 2016, 07:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I thought I'd post up my attempt at the solo for Pearl Jam's Alive smile.gif Ive tried to stay quite close to the album version, except for the part at 0.30 it's far too low in the mix for me to make out what he plays so I do my own thing for 10 seconds wink.gif
I probably dont nail every bend but the goal was - if you heard this in a club live you wouldnt feel the need to throw anything at the guitarist for ruining a great song.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 27 2016, 07:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very well done, Bleez! Gotta love Pearl Jam and especially that album! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 27 2016, 07:24 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Oh keep on grooving man!! Really nice take!!!
Ten is unarguably one of the best rock albums of all time

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 27 2016, 08:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome playing Bleez!!! I really enjoyed your video, well done smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 27 2016, 09:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thank you kindly folks, much appreciated smile.gif

It is indeed a phenomenal album. One of all time favourites. I picked up the Ten Redux anniversary version on vinyl a while ago as it was supposed to be the remix that Pearl Jam wanted originally, I thought it was even better than the original. Especially 'Black' ... the redux version of that is stunning.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2016, 05:35 PM
Instructor
One of the greatest 90's rock albums and my favourite from PJ. You did a great job with this one.

This is totally random, but we had an enormous radio rock hit during the 90's here and I always thought that this song is inspired on the solo of Alive mixed with any Metallica's ballad (fade to black, the unforgiven)

Check it out and tell me what you think starting at 02:20:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Feb 28 2016, 05:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow bleez....awesome.... speachless... ohmy.gif smile.gif

Please send me (if you want) this patch for the POD, I wanna here if its sounds with my setup as good as in your Video! cool.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 28 2016, 06:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 28 2016, 04:35 PM) *
One of the greatest 90's rock albums and my favourite from PJ. You did a great job with this one.

This is totally random, but we had an enormous radio rock hit during the 90's here and I always thought that this song is inspired on the solo of Alive mixed with any Metallica's ballad (fade to black, the unforgiven)

Check it out and tell me what you think starting at 02:20:

you could be right, Gab. Totally hear those influences in there. It sounds pretty cool actually.
Thanks for checking out the vid smile.gif

QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Feb 28 2016, 04:58 PM) *
Wow bleez....awesome.... speachless... ohmy.gif smile.gif

Please send me (if you want) this patch for the POD, I wanna here if its sounds with my setup as good as in your Video! cool.gif

Thanks mate, I really appreciate that. This is one of those solos Ive always wanted to be able to play. Mike McCready is such an awesome guitarist.
the patch is very similar to my usual one except Ive added in the blue compressor. However Im also using an external overdrive pedal before the pod. Im using a 'Way Huge Pork Loin', I really think the pedal is what makes the difference to the patch.
If you have an overdrive pedal definitely run it into this patch smile.gif
Attached File  Bleez_Patch.zip ( 952bytes ) Number of downloads: 79

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Feb 28 2016, 06:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
thx mate... I have no overdrive pedal but it sounds awesome.... i have played with the bridge pickup and have reduced a littel bit the Mids at the amp settings and increased the drive at both amps.... F***K, really awesome sound.... cool.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 28 2016, 07:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Feb 28 2016, 05:33 PM) *
thx mate... I have no overdrive pedal but it sounds awesome.... i have played with the bridge pickup and have reduced a littel bit the Mids at the amp settings and increased the drive at both amps.... F***K, really awesome sound.... cool.gif

That's brilliant smile.gif Im glad it sounds good with your gear. I also like the patch with the LP in the middle position with the bridge volume full and the neck volume around 5.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Feb 28 2016, 09:56 PM
Tone Seeker
Wow, Bleez ! That was amazing ohmy.gif Keep it up !!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 29 2016, 04:40 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
That was spot on, bleez cool.gif Really enjoyed listening to it!

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 29 2016, 01:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks very much Joe and Ville, good of you guys to check it out smile.gif

Joe, Ive not heard much of your playing lately, have you done any more competitions or anything? I always enjoy hearing your solos dude.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Feb 29 2016, 02:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
you might have a girl throw her panties at you after that solo wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 29 2016, 05:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Feb 29 2016, 01:10 PM) *
you might have a girl throw her panties at you after that solo wink.gif

the reason I picked up a guitar in the first place smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 1 2016, 02:33 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (bleez @ Feb 29 2016, 12:01 PM) *
thanks very much Joe and Ville, good of you guys to check it out smile.gif

Joe, Ive not heard much of your playing lately, have you done any more competitions or anything? I always enjoy hearing your solos dude.

Between work and hard drive issues with my computer I haven't been able to record guitar stuff in months. Its all good and fixed now. smile.gif Looking to get in the next gmc collab and maybe Darius' Glowbucker comp. if I get something together in time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:51 PM