2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Wake Up Granny!, A silly piece
thefireball
Nov 14 2013, 01:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Here's a silly bit I created earlier today. tongue.gif Imagine waking your grandmother with this.

https://soundcloud.com/fireball100/wake-up-granny

Me, my brother, and cousin (they are both 15) have texted silly sound files back and forth to each other. So I took some old recordings of my brother and cousin and placed them in this "song."

You could say I had some free time today. happy.gif

Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 14 2013, 02:37 AM
GMC:er
Nice one! smile.gif Take a listen to some of the recordings you made a few years ago, and then listen to your new stuff. You've made HUGE gains in the quality of your recording/mixing. Congrats!!

QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 13 2013, 07:20 PM) *
Here's a silly bit I created earlier today. tongue.gif Imagine waking your grandmother with this.

https://soundcloud.com/fireball100/wake-up-granny

Me, my brother, and cousin (they are both 15) have texted silly sound files back and forth to each other. So I took some old recordings of my brother and cousin and placed them in this "song."

You could say I had some free time today. happy.gif

Brandon

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 14 2013, 02:50 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 13 2013, 07:37 PM) *
Nice one! smile.gif Take a listen to some of the recordings you made a few years ago, and then listen to your new stuff. You've made HUGE gains in the quality of your recording/mixing. Congrats!!

Thanks! I have learned so much about mixing this past year. It's all about learning where things need to sit in the mix.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 14 2013, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Hey Bran biggrin.gif This is some great riffing and mix mate! Todd is right smile.gif You are always a good reference in respect to what people should know about improvement!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 14 2013, 03:20 PM
Instructor
hehe cool track man! You should made a youtube video of this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
gregc1
Nov 14 2013, 05:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Haha nice one man. Sounds just like a heavy Primus jam to me. I can imagine Les Claypool doing the voices.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 14 2013, 06:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks guys. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 14 2013, 11:21 PM
Instructor
Now the Granny is woken up for sure biggrin.gif Have Your tried this on Your grandma ?biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 15 2013, 09:05 AM
Instructor
How's the EP going, Brandon?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 15 2013, 09:53 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Nov 14 2013, 05:06 PM) *
Haha nice one man. Sounds just like a heavy Primus jam to me. I can imagine Les Claypool doing the voices.

My association too!

I really like these "wicked" songs - they feel so creative. You did a great job on this one Brandon and it has a very cool groove smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 15 2013, 04:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks guys. I have never tried it on my grandmother. biggrin.gif Probably would be my last. tongue.gif

Cosmin, the EP is slow going because we are both so busy with our jobs to be in sync with our schedules. sad.gif Just need to finish vocals for some tracks and that's really all for recording. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 16 2013, 08:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 15 2013, 03:26 PM) *
Thanks guys. I have never tried it on my grandmother. biggrin.gif Probably would be my last. tongue.gif

Cosmin, the EP is slow going because we are both so busy with our jobs to be in sync with our schedules. sad.gif Just need to finish vocals for some tracks and that's really all for recording. smile.gif

Pfff, mate smile.gif there's this saying I learned from someone here at GMC - 'For extraordinary things to happen, all you need is a plan and not enough time' wink.gif That's what we always did with the band. When I felt like things would begin to stall, I would set up a deadline based on talking to a venue manager and booking the show date for the album release or for the new video release - like in the current case (we're releasing our new music video and single on November 26th) - and things started moving miraculously fast laugh.gif If you don't put the gun at your head, you will waste a lot of time because that's how life goes smile.gif When you know you have to be ready, trust me, you will find the time, dedication and you will synch your schedules without a doubt.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 16 2013, 04:59 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 16 2013, 01:46 AM) *
Pfff, mate smile.gif there's this saying I learned from someone here at GMC - 'For extraordinary things to happen, all you need is a plan and not enough time' wink.gif That's what we always did with the band. When I felt like things would begin to stall, I would set up a deadline based on talking to a venue manager and booking the show date for the album release or for the new video release - like in the current case (we're releasing our new music video and single on November 26th) - and things started moving miraculously fast laugh.gif If you don't put the gun at your head, you will waste a lot of time because that's how life goes smile.gif When you know you have to be ready, trust me, you will find the time, dedication and you will synch your schedules without a doubt.

Yeah, you're right.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 16 2013, 03:59 PM) *
Yeah, you're right.

Ha! Just received the announcement on FB biggrin.gif Glad to have started a fire!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 17 2013, 07:08 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 17 2013, 01:54 AM) *
Ha! Just received the announcement on FB biggrin.gif Glad to have started a fire!

Even coming up with melodies! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 19 2013, 01:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 17 2013, 06:08 PM) *
Even coming up with melodies! smile.gif

Anything you might like to share with us, or they aren't ready to be presented yet? smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 21 2013, 06:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 19 2013, 06:27 AM) *
Anything you might like to share with us, or they aren't ready to be presented yet? smile.gif

Here's a chorus to the song "Mount of Olives" I wrote:

The mountain splits
The King will rise
All of God's armies in the skies
Glory and honor, now you see
Terror awaits you, nowhere to flee

The earth will be rid
Of her curse and sin
Restored by the one
Who has always been and
Nations will know him far and wide

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2013, 09:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Nov 21 2013, 05:05 PM) *
Here's a chorus to the song "Mount of Olives" I wrote:

The mountain splits
The King will rise

The earth will be rid
Of her curse and sin
Restored by the one
Who has always been and

Hmmmm - I suppose that with the last line, you wanted a sort of closure to the whole chorus, right? It ends a bit abrupt in my opinion, but I definitely need to hear it sung - tell me mate, how do you come up with the vocal lines? Do you play on the acoustic guitar and sing over the stripped down, bare chords?

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Nov 22 2013, 10:47 AM
GMC:er
Liked it Fireball..very quirky and cool! cool.gif

What Cosmin said about that last chorus line 'Nations will know him far and wide'...I have to agree...but that's just reading it because there is rhyme in the first part and not in the second I think?..maybe you hook it up OKay when singing. smile.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Nov 22 2013, 05:26 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok this is embarrassing for me because I didn't quite get this on key. rolleyes.gif This was a vocal demo I recorded for just my vocalist to hear. But I know you guys won't laugh at me. Plus, this was recorded with my laptop microphone instead of our studio mic that is at his house. So the dynamics aren't what they could be.

The mountain splits
The King will rise

The earth will be rid
Of her curse and sin
Restored by the one
Who has always been and

Attached File(s)
Attached File  The_Mount_of_Olives__chorus_demo_.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 74

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:39 PM