2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Instructor - Big Al Christie
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 10 2007, 04:58 PM
GMC Founder
Hey there,

I am happy to present Al - a diverse guitarist from Switzerland who will be starting of with Flameno lessons here at GMC! smile.gif

Check out his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/alguitaristchristie

We are working with the final steps of completing Al's first lesson - I hope we will be able to live it as soon as possible! smile.gif

Also - as soon as the first lesson goes live, Al will be given staff status and will then be able to access the hidden staff board. (I struck me that I should take this opportunity to explain the process for curious members!)

Kris biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 10 2007, 05:03 PM
GMC:er
What is Flameno - is that a style? Part of Classical guitar? Im not sure what it is, so I am looking forward to your lessons, thank you! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Sep 10 2007, 05:09 PM
Al Christie is very good! I cant wait to learn some flamenco, that would be fantastic to incorporate into my music.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Sep 10 2007, 05:15 PM
Instructor
Welcome Al!! smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 10 2007, 05:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 10 2007, 06:03 PM) *
What is Flameno - is that a style? Part of Classical guitar? Im not sure what it is, so I am looking forward to your lessons, thank you! smile.gif

Flamenco is a very interesting and pretty difficult style of playing classical guitar, very popular in Spain, if i am not mistaken it was "born" in Spain. My first and last guitar teacher was a big fan of Flamenco and was playing flamenco compositions all day long.

The style involves very active wrist movements, and complete freedom in right hand fingers. Takes some serious time to master.

Can't wait to see the first lesson!

Welcome Al! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
al christie
Sep 10 2007, 07:03 PM
Flamenco Instructor
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 10 2007, 06:03 PM) *

Hi,
Flamenco is a style of Spanish guitar developed by the gypsy's in the south of Spain.
It demands a lot of time to develop a really good right hand technique, because you have to play a lot of rasgueados (fingers brushing across the strings) and the thumb techniques are different to classical playing, which is much lighter.
It would be very difficult for a beginner in guitar to learn Flamenco, before having a basic knowledge of chords and scales, there are lots of hammer ons and pull offs, which require some strength.
But every style of guitar is worth investigating, because even if you don't understand everything that is going on, you will pick up some tips and tricks along the way.
Feel free to ask me questions, but give me some time to respond, as I have myspace and other internet things to take care of as well as having a Family.

All the best
AL.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 10 2007, 08:08 PM
Instructor
Great to have Flamenco instructor,welcome Al!!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 10 2007, 09:14 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome to the GMC house Al, looking forward to your first lesson smile.gif
I saw you like Peter Sellers on your Myspace page - a Goons fan by any chance?

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Sep 10 2007, 09:15 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
al christie
Sep 10 2007, 09:24 PM
Flamenco Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 10 2007, 10:14 PM) *
Welcome to the GMC house Al, looking forward to your first lesson smile.gif
I saw you like Peter Sellers on your Myspace page - a Goons fan by any chance?

Hi,
I love the goons,that was sellers at his best.
He's not bad on the ukulele as well (did you watch the video?

--------------------

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 10 2007, 09:52 PM
Welcome Al smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Sep 10 2007, 09:56 PM
Welcome Al! smile.gif I see you live in Geneva biggrin.gif Neighbour wink.gif
Glad to have you here!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 10 2007, 10:12 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (al christie @ Sep 10 2007, 04:24 PM) *
Hi,
I love the goons,that was sellers at his best.
He's not bad on the ukulele as well (did you watch the video?

Yeah, I used to play the Uke at school smile.gif Glad to have a fellow goons fan around smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hungus
Sep 10 2007, 10:24 PM
Welcome Al, Cant wait for your first lesson smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 10 2007, 10:54 PM
Instructor
Hello Al !!!!!
It's good listen about flamenco !!!! hehehe, yeah, here in Spain is very popular, specilly in Andalucia (in the south of my country). We have a lot of great guitarrists like Vicente amigo or Paco de Lucia (remember the guitar trio !! incredible )

Well, nice to meet you !!! I try to learn some of flamenco (this style is almost imposible for me XD it's very very dificult !!)

And... a present for you wink.gif

Paul Gilbert playing Flamenco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnFUbAzPEnU

The guitar trio wink.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cadbYIzhqQ

Paco de Lucia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aYNorY5Snk

AMAZING !!!

+Quote Post
bart m
Sep 10 2007, 11:04 PM
can flamenco be played on a steel stringed acoustic, or will i be wasting my time?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2007, 03:19 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont see why it cant, seems like using nylon strings would hurt less though.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 11 2007, 03:39 AM
Welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 11 2007, 04:06 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Last time I tried a ras on my electric there was blood in the floor. However isn't there a female electric guitar player who does ras strums and rolls in her playing?

As Juan says flamenco is big in Andalucia. Village where I live pretty much all the guitar players are flamenco and the local acoustic luthier makes guitars for Paco de Lucia (amongst others). Kids here start learning flamenco - guitar, dancing or singing - from a very early age - my 7 year old is learning dance and she's Irish!

Not easy for me - go round to a Spanish friend's house for a jam and they all play soleras/buleras and stuff and I sit there like an idiot going blink.gif . Looking forward to Big Al's lessons - might finally get to know what's going down laugh.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 11 2007, 05:55 AM
Better start growing out the finger nails.......... biggrin.gif

Welcome Big Al !

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 11 2007, 05:56 AM
Welcome Al! Flamenco is a very interesting and cool style! I cant wait for your lessons!! smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:25 PM