SRV type licks
redsoxfan92490
Jul 12 2006, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
ok, kristofer did some simpler kinds of licks in the blues section. what im looking for is more advanced stuff. I can do the little ho/po suff on the low stings (life by the drop) the rake picking stuff, and ll vibradto bending. basically all the stuff in the free licks "voodo chile" solo. but when Stevie goes crazy in sweet home chicago, the other parts of voodo chile, little wing, house is rockin, crossfire, etc is when he loses me. hes just going so fast i dont know what notes hes playing. if anyone could help, id love to be able to add some of that stuff to my playing. thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jul 13 2006, 05:11 AM
I think he uses the blues scale majority.. try to find some software to record the audio and slow it down. Eric Clapton w/ Robert Cray Band tickets go on sale Saturday.. I am thinking about buying them. Would love to see Eric Clapton in live. See if I can sneak something out of him.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
stickynotes
Aug 5 2006, 04:36 PM
What might help you alot is a program called

Amazing Slow Downer

it takes mp3 and wav and i think a couple of others.

It Slows down the music with out changing the key of the music.

it's great for leads and fast riffs.

you can loop a sections , speed it up or slow it down.

A freind of mine has it on his computer. I have played around with it. It works great.

If you cant't find it. E-mail me and i'll ask my freind were he got it.

+Quote Post
redsoxfan92490
Aug 6 2006, 02:50 PM
is there any way i can get the full version of amazing slow downer without having to pay of it? r ther other programs like it?

+Quote Post
stickynotes
Aug 7 2006, 04:16 AM
As far as I know, and have asked around. I think this is the only really good working one of it's kind, I could be wrong ?
Talk to friend
He says it is made buy TFU
TrueFire Univeristy Guitar School. (Truefire.com)
He said he got it free when he joined up.
I think their way on the high side of $22.00 a CD-rom each month.
I have seen his Cd's. Not bad,
But, I guess it's what your into at the time. and what they have on the disk at the time.(maybe you don't want to be doing what their doing,
So you have to wait till they get to something you like. months later. That's a lot of money.

I am very new to MasterClass
I am highly impress with this site
Kris is doing a much better job and on a much higher personal level
He works with all of us.
Players here are nice and want to help each ohter.
I Have to thank him later. I know it's a lot to do to run a site. I used to set up and run BBS

I hope this helps

+Quote Post
Tank
Aug 7 2006, 08:30 AM
GMC Veteran
QUOTE (redsoxfan92490)
is there any way i can get the full version of amazing slow downer without having to pay of it?  r ther other programs like it?

Yes,

Windows Media Player has a function to slow down mp3s and the like, without changing the pitch. Click on "view" at the top pull down menus, then select "Enhancements". From the list click on "Play Speed Settings". You should be able to halve the speed of most things.

And...it's free. (To those running Windows XP).

/Tank

+Quote Post
stickynotes
Aug 7 2006, 05:12 PM
Did not know that there was a pitch changer in Windows media player.
Thanks !

I fooled around with it. using AC/DC Sin city lead

SlowDowner is a lot better.

Slowdowner can go much slower and sounds better.

SlowDownder is not a fancy program. It looks very simple with not much color or anything.
They keep it very simple and put a big engine in it.

It has a save list for your songs
Save file as *.wav file. If you wish
7 band EQ
start and end point
mix
Pitch
speed
cue
loop
plays in 3 differnt ways. Slowdowner 1,2, or 3
volume
minute, second, and frame. markers for looping Start & end buttons.

I think SlowDowner is much better by far.

+Quote Post
Jeff
Aug 9 2006, 09:27 PM
QUOTE (redsoxfan92490)
ok, kristofer did some simpler kinds of licks in the blues section.  what im looking for is more advanced stuff.  I can do the little ho/po suff on the low stings (life by the drop) the rake picking stuff, and ll vibradto bending.  basically all the stuff in the free licks "voodo chile" solo.  but when Stevie goes crazy in sweet home chicago, the other parts of voodo chile, little wing, house is rockin, crossfire, etc  is when he loses me.  hes just going so fast i dont know what notes hes playing.  if anyone could help, id love to be able to add some of that stuff to my playing.  thanks

Think about getting some good SRV tab which is already out there. That way you don't have to spend the time trying to figure it out yourself by slowing the songs down. Someone has already done that for you. Just start going over the tab slowly and work your way up to speed as you go along.

It took SRV years and years of dedicated practice to play like that. Even the simplist sounding notes may be very complicated. I have found Guitar One and Guitar for the Practicing Musician to be very good magazines at tabing out songs. They have covered tons of Stevie stuff.

I'm sure that Kris will cover some of the things that you are talking about at some point, but why wait?!

jeff

+Quote Post
texasamp
Aug 28 2006, 04:04 AM
I agree... Why wait! *hint* *hint*

Regards,
Darrell S.
Texas Amplification

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Aug 29 2006, 04:39 AM
People can look up tabs all day.. but IMO, I have fun trying to figure out licks, etc., by hearing them. Others might rather just looking up the tab. I was that way when I first started, but now I sort of want to learn it on my own.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:20 AM