2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Eric Johnson...
InstruMental Cas...
Oct 1 2007, 01:27 AM
GMC:er
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8_y_kft_3IU

The song starts at 2:50 in case you don't enjoy the opening improv.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 1 2007, 04:09 AM
GMC Founder
Eric is the man - every note he plays is breathtaking! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 1 2007, 04:17 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
saw him live in 2004, excellent show!!

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Oct 1 2007, 05:40 AM
I almost got to meet him once last year! sad.gif He was opening for Satch and I was on stage like two feet away from him but he was soundchecking so I didn't wana mess with him.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Oct 1 2007, 10:23 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 30 2007, 09:09 PM) *
Eric is the man - every note he plays is breathtaking! biggrin.gif

Eric is b.a!! tongue.gif oh nvm, he's not an administrator... dry.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 1 2007, 11:40 AM
man I love his song Lonely In The Night.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 1 2007, 12:22 PM
Instructor
Pure Master,you MUST love him. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 1 2007, 04:11 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (InstruMental Case @ Oct 1 2007, 06:40 AM) *
I almost got to meet him once last year! sad.gif He was opening for Satch and I was on stage like two feet away from him but he was soundchecking so I didn't wana mess with him.

You should have unplugged a cable from one of his 50 pedals and then introduced yourself!! biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 1 2007, 05:21 PM
Lets go fishing!
Very cool!! is he useing pentatonics in that video? smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 1 2007, 06:03 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 1 2007, 06:21 PM) *
Very cool!! is he useing pentatonics in that video? smile.gif

Yes almost always when he is soloing - and some arpeggiating! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
visi0n
Oct 1 2007, 06:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like the way he play that fast and clean ! really nice smile.gif like muris says, you MUST love him smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amarok
Oct 1 2007, 06:21 PM
WOW Eric Johnson plays almost Pentatonic, awesome how he use it blink.gif

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 1 2007, 06:28 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Amarok @ Oct 1 2007, 07:21 PM) *
WOW Eric Johnson plays almost Pentatonic, awesome how he use it blink.gif

Yes he uses a lot of substitution ideas - check out Muris' lesson on pentatonic substitution! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 1 2007, 06:30 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 1 2007, 06:03 PM) *
Yes almost always when he is soloing - and some arpeggiating! smile.gif

I thought so, its a nice use of them. Do you take alot of inspiration from him Kris?? smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 1 2007, 07:30 PM
Manhatten is his best piece in my opinion, but alot of his other stuff is great as well

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 3 2007, 06:09 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Manahattan is a masterpiece.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 3 2007, 03:51 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 1 2007, 07:30 PM) *
I thought so, its a nice use of them. Do you take alot of inspiration from him Kris?? smile.gif

Absolutely - and he is also the reason why I practiced two notes per string picking in the beginning instead of three.

The downside is that I still have practice 3nps because I am not comfortbale with it yet!

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 3 2007, 04:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 3 2007, 03:51 PM) *
Absolutely - and he is also the reason why I practiced two notes per string picking in the beginning instead of three.

The downside is that I still have practice 3nps because I am not comfortbale with it yet!

smile.gif

I thought so!! I very much admire your pentatonic skills as they are very professonal! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Amarok
Oct 3 2007, 06:37 PM
Hey Kris same thinh here, i hate that 3nps stuff cause i'm absolutly not comfortable with that stuff. Maybe because I'm not a shredd guy wink.gif

--------------------
She’s a ‘59 Stratocaster, and she, I’ve always called her my first wife. She don’t talk back to me…she talks for me. You know? She don’t scream at me….she screams for me.
Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
FrankW
May 16 2008, 02:13 PM
Eric is a true master of the guitar. There's Eric, and Stevie Ray, and Andy Timmons...what's in the water down in Austin?!!?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:19 AM