2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Which Pedal To Buy?
MickeM
Jan 2 2008, 06:28 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
If you care to spend a little more there's some good alternatives you might want to look into

Mesa Boogie V Twin OR Hughes and Kettner Tubeman - Pedals slash pre amp, probably lots of more $ if you buy them new but check what they go for on eBay. But they can do so much more.

Damage control Solid metal

Zvex box of metal (just released)

Just some interesting alternatives to the more common pedals since the DF-7 is not a cheap pedal either, thse above are a tad more expensive. Or why not the T-Rex Bloody Mary?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 2 2008, 07:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Jan 2 2008, 05:48 PM) *
Boss MT2

You got to be kidding blink.gif I played that pedal dozens of times on all possible amps and it always sucked. MT2 is nothing but Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We call it "zujalica" in Croatia - you will understand the meaning, but i don't know how to translate it into English smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Alucard
Jan 5 2008, 09:19 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 2 2008, 01:15 PM) *
You got to be kidding blink.gif I played that pedal dozens of times on all possible amps and it always sucked. MT2 is nothing but Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We call it "zujalica" in Croatia - you will understand the meaning, but i don't know how to translate it into English smile.gif

Yeah, that's what I've heard about the MT 2 as well. Even with a noise gate, you still get some pretty nasty feedback.

Thanks everyone for the help biggrin.gif . I ended up ordering the DF-7, because I wanted a pedal that could also give me some rock tones, not just metal ones. But the next time I'm in the market for another distortion pedal, I'll definitely give the muff a serious consideration.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 5 2008, 09:50 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 2 2008, 07:15 PM) *

If it's what I think it may mean then it's not printable mate wink.gif . There's a good Irish word for it as well (OK there's actually quite a few good Irish words and phrases rolleyes.gif ) - but I better not elaborate either smile.gif blink.gif tongue.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 5 2008, 09:52 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 2 2008, 06:15 PM) *

I agree , its not a great pedal standard. Keeley do a modden one which is by all accounts awsome but its been heavily tinkered with and not really the same pedal once they worked there magic smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 5 2008, 09:52 PM
Instructor
That word actually means something that creates "Z"-like noises biggrin.gif wink.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 5 2008, 09:54 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 5 2008, 08:52 PM) *
That word actually means something that creates "Z"-like noises biggrin.gif wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

I can see it now, "Metal Distortion pedal with added Zzzzz" smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jan 5 2008, 10:08 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Pavel @ Jan 5 2008, 09:52 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif - guess I just have a dirty mind Pavel laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
KloCkWorXx
Jan 5 2008, 10:26 PM
are u looking to play the pedal thru the clean channel? maybe your amp could use a good overdrive? but i hear only good things about the metal muff...

--------------------
My gear:
epi zakk wylde
ec 1000 cherry
js 100 w dimarzios
dean from hell
5150 half stack
micro cube
Effects: boss delay dd-6, EH small clone chorus, Wylde Wah, Heil talkbox, Boss super overdrive, Rp 250
NS2 Noise Suppressor, DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 5 2008, 11:23 PM
Instructor
yes the boss is the best but he has 100$ to spend

+Quote Post
Alucard
Jan 6 2008, 01:04 AM
QUOTE (KloCkWorXx @ Jan 5 2008, 04:26 PM) *
are u looking to play the pedal thru the clean channel? maybe your amp could use a good overdrive? but i hear only good things about the metal muff...

Yeah, i was going to play it through the clean channel with my Kustom Quad 65fx, and the clean channel on it is really good. The DF-7 has one model that is basically a Ibanez TS-9, so I think I'll be good for overdrive.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 6 2008, 01:23 AM
Instructor
DF7 has all kind of overdrives and distortions so you can't go wrong with it smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 6 2008, 07:40 AM
I would say the MT-2 is decent, like pavel said it does have lots of "zujalica" but if you tweak it a lot it could work for you. I was give one half a year ago and haven't really used it because of the "zujalica".

Click turn on:
ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Click turn off:

Blast those zujalicas!

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2008, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Well it is my best bet really. And I am not kidding. smile.gif I didn't had chance to try out that DF7 so I can't make any comparisons, good or bad ones.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:15 AM